Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Aug 2015, 08:21 (Ref:3565267)   #201
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Maybe Mazda in the US and Mazda in Australia have different marketing objectives? Maybe the fact that TUSC is a Sportscar Championship and V8Supercars puts itself across as 'touring cars' plays a part in a decision making as well?

Just because a manufacturer has the gall to not be interested in a V8Supercar program does not mean they don't "quite get it"
If Mr Horsley was still in te building over there at Mazda, perhaps a different response would ensue.

Is Mazda supporting the efforts of one of its dealers in a Ford-engined 3-bodied MARC chassis?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Aug 2015, 10:14 (Ref:3565281)   #202
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
If Mr Horsley was still in te building over there at Mazda, perhaps a different response would ensue.
Would it?

Ever since the closing of Moffat's Mazda program at the end of 1984, Mazda's local motorsport effort's have amounted to what?

Outside "one-offs" events like the Targa Tassies, Bathurst 12hr, Sandown 6hr & EC12hr, their full programs amounted to what? The 1995 GTP season, 1989 Group E with Garry Waldon and a couple of ARC campaigns with Murray Coote?

I don't think Mr Horsley was throwing money into motorsport for the sake of it, only if he saw benefit.... why do we assume he would see a benefit in Gen2?
Old 11 Aug 2015, 10:28 (Ref:3565286)   #203
Beages
Rookie

Beages should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Im not sure why they pitched the Mazda 3 when the Mazda 6 would be more aligned with cotf chassis.
Old 11 Aug 2015, 12:06 (Ref:3565308)   #204
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Would it?

Ever since the closing of Moffat's Mazda program at the end of 1984, Mazda's local motorsport effort's have amounted to what?

Outside "one-offs" events like the Targa Tassies, Bathurst 12hr, Sandown 6hr & EC12hr, their full programs amounted to what? The 1995 GTP season, 1989 Group E with Garry Waldon and a couple of ARC campaigns with Murray Coote?

I don't think Mr Horsley was throwing money into motorsport for the sake of it, only if he saw benefit.... why do we assume he would see a benefit in Gen2?
Mazda needed & needs a vehicle to promote their product. While its great to be selling Mazda 3's at a great rate of knots, a Mazda 6 is a $50k car, and plays in the same space in the market with a regular S60 Volvo, and the mid to upper levels of Ford & Holden, and the Altima V6.

I dont get why the Mazda 6 wasnt pitched... or the new RX-7 which is set to arrive in 2017.

I get the regen braking systems and the like are not going to make it onto the first iteration of Gen2, the body shape would, the engine would... imagine a pukka triple rotor turbo... the parity police would have a brain explosion.

With the right team partner and commitment level, the brand could be at the front of the grid in a short space of time.

From a straight brand building exercise, it is difficult to ignore almost 2m people at circuit, and more than that on internationally-bound television coverage.

As an aside, when Mr Horsley wasnt at his day job at Mazda, he was a strategist in various DJR enduro campaigns, so hardly out of the loop even when the budget/commitment wasnt there to make it happen for his employer.

Its a much more interesting place to live in the 'wouldnt it be good it' rather than 'V8SC is unwanted' space...
Old 11 Aug 2015, 14:12 (Ref:3565330)   #205
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The vehicle they choose to homolagate for racing, isn't necessarily the one they're trying to shift off the showroom floor.

It seems to me, that the representitive from Mazda has not been brought up to speed on the proposed Gen 2 regulations regarding engines. I wonder how long ago V8SC last spoke to them, if at all? I recall some bodies from Japan venturing out to one of the V8SC events (Pre-CotF) at Phillip Island, but who instigated that? Mazda Aus, V8SC, or perhaps even Maurie Pickering?
Old 11 Aug 2015, 23:57 (Ref:3565450)   #206
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Djeez...a Mazda6 here in the US starts at $21,500...
Old 12 Aug 2015, 01:06 (Ref:3565465)   #207
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Just because a manufacturer has the gall to not be interested in a V8Supercar program does not mean they don't "quite get it"
Exactly.

It seems that any time a manufacturer doesnt fall into line with V8SC they are out of line
Old 12 Aug 2015, 01:45 (Ref:3565469)   #208
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Too right.

V8SC has long played the tune of "They need us".
Old 12 Aug 2015, 01:56 (Ref:3565470)   #209
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Too right.

V8SC has long played the tune of "They need us".
Sorry, when have they ever played that tune.
Old 12 Aug 2015, 02:50 (Ref:3565481)   #210
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
I dont get why the Mazda 6 wasnt pitched... or the new RX-7 which is set to arrive in 2017.
New RX7 has been 2 years away now for about 15 years. It aint coming back, they cannot make a rotary fit the latest emission and fuel economy requirements.

Dead dead dead.

I'm sad, I'd kill to buy a turbo RX8 but it aint happening.
Old 12 Aug 2015, 02:58 (Ref:3565482)   #211
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Djeez...a Mazda6 here in the US starts at $21,500...
At the current dollar currency conversion that isn't much different and I should know I bought a new Mazda 6 two weeks ago.
Old 12 Aug 2015, 07:02 (Ref:3565504)   #212
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Will Nissan Stay With Kelly Racing For Gen2?
Old 12 Aug 2015, 09:17 (Ref:3565534)   #213
Beages
Rookie

Beages should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Exactly.

It seems that any time a manufacturer doesnt fall into line with V8SC they are out of line
One of the misteries of the world is why you hang out in V8 supercar threads when you obviously hate the category. I mean, I can't stand speedway so I don't go anywhere speedway related threads. You on the other hand, just love to visit the V8 supercar related threads just to bag the category every chance you get.
Old 12 Aug 2015, 10:20 (Ref:3565543)   #214
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beages View Post
One of the misteries of the world is why you hang out in V8 supercar threads when you obviously hate the category. I mean, I can't stand speedway so I don't go anywhere speedway related threads. You on the other hand, just love to visit the V8 supercar related threads just to bag the category every chance you get.
If you took the detractors out of this forum there would only be about four active participants, how does that work?
Old 12 Aug 2015, 11:44 (Ref:3565555)   #215
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
If you took the detractors out of this forum there would only be about four active participants, how does that work?
my observation, there used to be lots of active positive participants, but the detractors weighed so heavily in every thread, the positive participants couldnt be bothered anymore and stopped posting/reading
Old 12 Aug 2015, 11:52 (Ref:3565556)   #216
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
my observation, there used to be lots of active positive participants, but the detractors weighed so heavily in every thread, the positive participants couldnt be bothered anymore and stopped posting/reading
That's a big statement Pecky, it could be they just fell away and lost interest due to all sorts of reasons not connected to this forum. The TenTenths fora tend to be fairly low traffic compared to other similar fora so any fall off is quickly noticeable.
Old 12 Aug 2015, 12:09 (Ref:3565560)   #217
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
That's a big statement Pecky, it could be they just fell away and lost interest due to all sorts of reasons not connected to this forum. The TenTenths fora tend to be fairly low traffic compared to other similar fora so any fall off is quickly noticeable.
happy with my comment, although im sure both points are partially correct and maybe some other reasons

If only the detractors would lose interest
Old 12 Aug 2015, 12:20 (Ref:3565566)   #218
Umai Naa
Veteran

There's nothing wrong with a balanced discussion.
Old 12 Aug 2015, 21:53 (Ref:3565666)   #219
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
There's nothing wrong with a balanced discussion.
a lot of people on here disagree with you.

and then there is that word balanced,
Old 13 Aug 2015, 16:56 (Ref:3565843)   #220
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post

Mainly just read now.
Old 14 Aug 2015, 09:10 (Ref:3565963)   #221
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Agree with you 100% Pecky. I can barely be bothered posting much anymore. The negativity knows no bounds unfortunately.
Old 14 Aug 2015, 10:02 (Ref:3565965)   #222
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is supposed to be a discussion forum, not an appreciation society

If people care about a series surely they can be critical of a current formula?
Old 14 Aug 2015, 12:43 (Ref:3565993)   #223
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:

I will look forward to your support in other forums then
Old 14 Aug 2015, 12:54 (Ref:3566001)   #224
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

This.

Lots of people have opinions, not all of them are right - or wrong - and with future events we don't know which.

Just because a poster has an opinion doesn't make it a fact. It would be helpful if a few people could understand that which might improve the quality of debate as well as encourage a few people back to the discussion. It's no fun when opinions are minutely picked apart or just stated as plain wrong.

And no, I'm not picking on any one specific person, there are a few and it's inhibiting other users.
Old 14 Aug 2015, 22:18 (Ref:3566101)   #225
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
This.

Lots of people have opinions, not all of them are right - or wrong - and with future events we don't know which.

Just because a poster has an opinion doesn't make it a fact. It would be helpful if a few people could understand that which might improve the quality of debate as well as encourage a few people back to the discussion. It's no fun when opinions are minutely picked apart or just stated as plain wrong.

And no, I'm not picking on any one specific person, there are a few and it's inhibiting other users.
I shall look forward to your support in certain forums then.