Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > ChampCar World Series

Old 6 Oct 2005, 18:50 (Ref:1425630)   #1
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
HVM: New Partner, New Name

HVM announced today that comedian Cedric The Entertainer has become a partner, and beginning next year the team will be known as "CTE Racing".

del Monte's car will campaign under the banner "CTE Racing - HVM" for the final two races of this season.

Story.
Old 6 Oct 2005, 18:54 (Ref:1425637)   #2
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well I guess that rumor panned out after all.
Old 6 Oct 2005, 18:56 (Ref:1425638)   #3
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!macdaddy has a real shot at the podium!
It's great to see that the team will still be around next year, as I was beginning to have my doubts.
Old 6 Oct 2005, 21:04 (Ref:1425719)   #4
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great news to see the team's future secured - they've had a rotten time of things financially this year. Hopefully the funds will be there to allow Keith to run a team worthy of his ability, and give Ronnie and Bjorn their drives back.
Old 6 Oct 2005, 21:06 (Ref:1425722)   #5
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Well, it tells me that they have no immediate plans to fold the team. But having a new partner is not the same as having a new sponsor. I wish them luck.
Old 7 Oct 2005, 01:43 (Ref:1425880)   #6
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wild stuff. Did anyone see that one coming? Good stuff for HVM, hopefully that will help them secure sponsors, stability and success.

If you were a sponsor who would you prefer to put money behind - someone like Junquiera or Bourdais or PT? It seems a no brainer, particularly in 2003 and 2004. Yet NH has had more sponsorship. I think that there is little doubt that the Newman factor played a big roll. You can't buy Paul Newman for anything, but if you sponsor his race team he's at your becon call. Imagine whining and dinning clients at a race and them spending time with Newman. Somehow I think that might help secure contracts. I'm not trying to suggest that Cedric is of the same caliber as Newman, but I think you can see how the comparison is valid.
Old 7 Oct 2005, 07:32 (Ref:1426088)   #7
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps Cedric can attract new sponsorship. I mean, he is a well-known celeberty in the US.
Old 7 Oct 2005, 13:43 (Ref:1426452)   #8
N I Tram
Veteran

N I Tram should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't know who this Cedric the Entertainer guy is, but anyone who identifies himself as an Entertainer probably isn't a very good one. Still, if he's a racing fan and has some cash to invest in the team, it's good news, and maybe Ronnie and Bjorn will be back for 2006.
Old 7 Oct 2005, 13:46 (Ref:1426456)   #9
SPRacer
Racer

United States
St. Petersburg, FL
SPRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's pretty well known in the U.S. and should attract some interest. A transcript of the press conference has been posted on the CCWS Web site, and he mentioned that his primary goal at first will be to try to use his relationships with several companies (such as Anheuser-Busch) to try and bring sponsorship. It does not look like he will be bringing any of his own money, though.

http://www.champcarworldseries.com/N...le.asp?ID=9724
Old 7 Oct 2005, 15:45 (Ref:1426579)   #10
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by N I Tram
I don't know who this Cedric the Entertainer guy is, but anyone who identifies himself as an Entertainer probably isn't a very good one. Still, if he's a racing fan and has some cash to invest in the team, it's good news, and maybe Ronnie and Bjorn will be back for 2006.
He's not an entertainer, but THE ENTERTAINER.

His comedy tour was the highest grossing tour in the US. He's done a lot of popular films, tv shows and commercials.
Old 7 Oct 2005, 16:05 (Ref:1426592)   #11
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Since he does commercials for Annheiser-Busch, could he bring them into the mix to sponsor the team????

I think this is great news that will help the team and the visibility of the series...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 7 Oct 2005, 16:11 (Ref:1426599)   #12
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So it's comedy that's only funny if you're drunk? Anyway, Busch sponsor the second NASCAR sseries, so I doubt they'd sponsor a (sort of) rival series.
Old 7 Oct 2005, 16:12 (Ref:1426600)   #13
Amar7605
Veteran

United States
Elk Grove, CA
Amar7605 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. Perhaps Cedric can bring Anheuser Busch into the series. It seems as though if he said it then he has some sort of plan to make it happen. But we shall see.

N I Tram: Check out 'Barbershop' and 'Barbershop 2.' He plays Eddie the old barber. I think his funniest role in any film! (And in my opinion, should have been nominated for an Academy Award for the first film)
Old 7 Oct 2005, 16:52 (Ref:1426638)   #14
Uesque
Racer

Ukraine
Pittsburgh, PA
Uesque should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Could this be part of a diversity initiative, similar to Magic Johnson in NASCAR?

And he was hysterical as Eddie the old barber. Welcome, I say.
Daishkyu hinan poope kudasai!
Daishkyu hinan poope kudasai!
Old 7 Oct 2005, 17:20 (Ref:1426663)   #15
SPRacer
Racer

United States
St. Petersburg, FL
SPRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He also mentioned advertising upcoming movies on the cars, similar to that Trans-Am driver (I forget which one).
Old 7 Oct 2005, 18:04 (Ref:1426704)   #16
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRacer
He also mentioned advertising upcoming movies on the cars, similar to that Trans-Am driver (I forget which one).

Tomy Drissi????

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 7 Oct 2005, 18:10 (Ref:1426712)   #17
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Paul Newman has done the same thing, with his movie "Road to Perdition".
Old 10 Oct 2005, 18:07 (Ref:1429876)   #18
macdaddy
Veteran

Canada
St.Catharines Ontario
Quote:
Just like in 1994 when Bill Cosby helped Willy T. Ribbs with sponsorship in CART, Kyles isn't putting in any money but Wiggins is banking on his name and fame to help secure the future of his Champ Car team.

"I'll be bringing those relationships that I have with other business entities into the world of sponsorship for our team," said Kyles, whose Bud Lite commercials really expanded his exposure. "I'm excited about that. Of course, the Anheuser-Busch, Bud Light family, McDonald's, many financial agencies, just a lot of people I've done business with.

"And looking at the opportunity of promoting movies and films on the cars and having a good time with that. We're definitely going to take those relationships and try to mesh the two worlds together."
Article.