Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 15 Mar 2011, 06:24 (Ref:2845950)   #1
Sports Racer
Rookie

Sports Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2011 Sports Racer Series

The 2011 Sports Racer Series it set take off!!

http://www.sportsracer.com.au/

http://www.sportsracer.com.au/attach...No4%202011.pdf
Old 16 Mar 2011, 04:13 (Ref:2846600)   #2
cptkablamo
Veteran

Australia
cptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcptkablamo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good luck for the year - if this and the Radical series can both get decent grids, it should be a good year for national sports prototype racing...
Old 16 Mar 2011, 11:44 (Ref:2846728)   #3
inpitlane
Veteran

inpitlane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo View Post
Good luck for the year - if this and the Radical series can both get decent grids, it should be a good year for national sports prototype racing...
And just think of how much better it would all look if both categories were combined to create one strong, diverse grid.
Sadly Radical don't see it that way.
Good luck to both series anyway but again this show CAMS lack of a spine.
Old 16 Mar 2011, 19:40 (Ref:2847029)   #4
Sports Racer
Rookie

Look at the success of the NSW State Series where both the Centre seat and two seater's compete together.
Radicals/2C Cars are Eligible to compete in the Sports Racer Series
Old 24 Mar 2011, 08:05 (Ref:2852288)   #5
Falcadore
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Falcadore should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by inpitlane View Post
And just think of how much better it would all look if both categories were combined to create one strong, diverse grid.
Sadly Radical don't see it that way.
Good luck to both series anyway but again this show CAMS lack of a spine.
Too many internal agendas pushing in different directions. With two importer organisations involved pushing their own cars this sort of split was sadly predictable.

If I may ask - what is the difference between the 2010 and 2011 SRS series, I was a fan of the concept, Clubman racing is enjoying quite the resurgence in Queensland with 20 car grids and great racing.

What will prevent a repeat of last years collapse? Are the series goals considerably more modest this year? Who are likely competitors?
Old 27 Mar 2011, 23:08 (Ref:2854567)   #6
scuderus
Racer

scuderus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcadore View Post
Too many internal agendas pushing in different directions. With two importer organisations involved pushing their own cars this sort of split was sadly predictable.

If I may ask - what is the difference between the 2010 and 2011 SRS series, I was a fan of the concept, Clubman racing is enjoying quite the resurgence in Queensland with 20 car grids and great racing.

What will prevent a repeat of last years collapse? Are the series goals considerably more modest this year? Who are likely competitors?

This running of this years series now has significant input from other manufacturers, importers and competitors and the establishment of specific CAMS 6SR technical regs. has been a collective effort of these people.

The goals for this year are definitely more modest with only round 3 at Phillip Island being solely for the Sportsracer class. All other rounds are being run within current state races.

There has been good interest from potential competitors with many already registering for the series.

I think that numbers of 15-20 per round would be a good result for this year.

As far as I am aware there are already entrants with the following cars -

West
Speads
Stohr
Minetti
Lincspeed
Radical

With many more being eligible such as -

ADR
Prosport dev.
Old 27 Mar 2011, 23:45 (Ref:2854581)   #7
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I'm entered for the PI round, with other rounds dependent on getting the car up and running in time.
Old 28 Mar 2011, 00:18 (Ref:2854600)   #8
scuderus
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200Datto27 View Post
I'm entered for the PI round, with other rounds dependent on getting the car up and running in time.
Cool.... in a Speads?

We have two entrys in for PI and will also be running at the other rounds
Old 28 Mar 2011, 01:12 (Ref:2854618)   #9
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
Yep.
Old 28 Mar 2011, 03:09 (Ref:2854630)   #10
Nick6
Racer

United States
Nick6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is what IMSA Lites should be...
Old 31 Mar 2011, 10:21 (Ref:2856291)   #11
ff s conscience
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
ff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridff s conscience should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sorry Wooley and mods, but I have to say this thread move does not work for me.

I generally follow the Australian motorsport, and I think this topic will lose following if it's not in the Australian section.

At least "sticky" it in the Oz section, if you won't let it run there. ???
Old 5 Jun 2011, 22:32 (Ref:2891803)   #12
scuderus
Racer

Round 1 - Eastern Creek

Hi All

Round 1 was held last weekend at Eastern Creek. Race reports and photos can be found at here.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 22:56 (Ref:2891809)   #13
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
Nice comments about the stock engined cars in the report!
Old 6 Jun 2011, 22:31 (Ref:2892487)   #14
Sports Racer
Rookie

It was very disappointed to read the race reports and the continuing comments regarding stock engines.
AP Racing put a large effort including testing and development into competing at Round 1
of the Sports Racer Series and our current Stohr WF-1 is by far one of the most technically advanced Sports Racer Currently on the Market. There results in the State's Speak for themself

Unfortunately the Race Reports Speaks more on the High HP of the Stohr than its Great handling.

AP racing developed an engine package in 2010 that was reliable and and makes Good HP and complied to the Current 6SR Regulations
This current engine is now on its 12 meeting with out a single issue.

I invite anyone who would like to comment on our "huge HP' to watch our youtube video of Race one via our website link www.apracing.net.au
Apart from the Race leader have trouble the Mid corner advantage is clear. No advantage was found down the straights compared to the
High HP 1300cc cars running up front.

In closing AP racing have just purchased an Engine straight out the bike wreakers and will have this Engine fitted for the NSW State Championship
Round at Eastern Creek and for Round two of the Sports Racer Series. AP Racing see it as a Great opportunity to further prove the capabilities of the Stohr.

Adam Proctor

Last edited by Sports Racer; 6 Jun 2011 at 22:43.
Old 7 Jun 2011, 04:34 (Ref:2892580)   #15
scuderus
Racer

It certainly was a great weekend for Adam and the AP racing guys. The car was a missile from the time it hit the track and they definitely had the chassis hooked up... it was on rails.
Even with the above mentioned engine change I have no doubt that he will still be the car to beat.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 07:39 (Ref:2894920)   #16
sports racer fan
Rookie

sports racer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have read the "Sports Racer" race report several times now, the continuing comment that the ' loosing' competitors had stock motors,had me scratching my head, nowhere in the regulations for this class did I read that a STOCK MOTOR had to be fitted, so who fits a stock motor goes to a national event and expects to win ? so Proctor has a HIGH POWER motor. so what, smart boy that one,reads the rules and knows what he can do, takes his 1000cc car and sticks it up the 1300cc cars and wins ,this time , also smashes the lap record on the way and no mention of this in the race report { must have been an oversight by the author "yea right" } also the forth fastest time ever around Eastern Creek ,one hell of a drive by a very talented driver in an amazing looking car, this has to be a good thing for the Sports Racer class, also don't forget that this is Proctors home track, he must know this track like the back of his hand ,he has been competing here for 10 years, he was also named CAMS competitor of the year 2010 I hope I don't read another *****y biased report like the last one stick it up them Adam
Old 11 Jun 2011, 05:40 (Ref:2895478)   #17
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
The reason is that the rules for 2012 specify a stock motor to be run in the cars, this was wanted to be run this year as well, but a delay in ratifying the rules lead to it not being included in the 2011 rules. As the intention was for this to be in place, and to avoid a costly engine war for one year (three races remaining in the series this season) a "gentleman's agreement" was made by most competitors to respect the spirit of the intended rules this year and run stock motors, thereby keeping costs down. Thus the mentioning of the stock motor's in the report.
Old 11 Jun 2011, 10:56 (Ref:2895551)   #18
Sports Racer
Rookie

Quote:
The reason is that the rules for 2012 specify a stock motor to be run in the cars, this was wanted to be run this year as well, but a delay in ratifying the rules lead to it not being included in the 2011 rules. As the intention was for this to be in place, and to avoid a costly engine war for one year (three races remaining in the series this season) a "gentleman's agreement" was made by most competitors to respect the spirit of the intended rules this year and run stock motors, thereby keeping costs down. Thus the mentioning of the stock motor's in the report.

Very far from the truth as an active member on the Sports Racer committee and the NSW Representative there was never a Gentleman's agreement in place before Round 1. There was amble opportunity for the stock engine rule to be implemented into the 2011 Regs.
We have agreed at a large personal expense to run stock engines for the rest of the year and our only frustration is the damage to our reputation due to the unfair Race report.We entered Round 1 as per the approved 2011 6SR regs and can hold our heads high with our results.
The Stohr WF-1 is the most successful Sports Racer to date there is alot more to winning races then just HP. I no longer wish to discuss this matter
in an open forum as there is enough damage already caused to the category.
The Sports Racer Category is the 2nd fastest category in Australia and has a huge potential lets not destroy ourselves.
I am happy to speak to anyone about the category and i am easily approachable info@apracing.net.au
Old 12 Jun 2011, 02:15 (Ref:2896352)   #19
sports racer fan
Rookie

sports racer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
"A "GENTLEMAN'S AGREEMENT" by MOST competitors",(not ALL competitors?) are you serious? Whats next, a "gentleman's agreement" on who wins the next race?. I can't wait to read the next report IF a WEST or a SPEEDS wins ,all praises and slaps on the back , and on the comment on keeping costs down, these RACING CARS, and I use the words RACING CARS cost what 50,60 $80,000.00 ? and use stock motors, more engine blow ups and fires
Well here's your first sucess, I was a sports racer fan , not any more.