Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 May 2016, 07:29 (Ref:3644779)   #51
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I will definitely not get there and back on one tank - I guess I need to by a more economical cars.

Maybe there will be fleets of Gulf coloured Prius's at LM this year rather than the usual exotic mix
Old 27 May 2016, 07:56 (Ref:3644790)   #52
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
... The limit is 20 or 30 litres per vehicle in some stations.
I can't get much more than 30 litres in my car anyway... Should just make it from Calais to LM on one tank.
Old 27 May 2016, 10:45 (Ref:3644832)   #53
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I will definitely not get there and back on one tank - I guess I need to by a more economical cars.

Maybe there will be fleets of Gulf coloured Prius's at LM this year rather than the usual exotic mix
Stll have fond memories of the fleet of gulf painted reliant robins (plus i silk cut) must have been over 10 years ago now
Old 27 May 2016, 10:46 (Ref:3644833)   #54
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus View Post
I can't get much more than 30 litres in my car anyway... Should just make it from Calais to LM on one tank.
That is one very small tank, 7 gallons?
Old 27 May 2016, 12:34 (Ref:3644852)   #55
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
That is one very small tank, 7 gallons?
It's meant to be 45 litres. The Nismo Juke has the same tank as the more economical versions, so what would give them a decent 300 mile+ range works out at just over 200 miles before the warning light comes on in the Nismo. More annoyingly is the 'distance to empty' counter cuts out with about 30-40 miles to go to dissuade you from pushing too far into the red zone, so a fill up from 'empty' is usually in the high-30s litres.
Old 27 May 2016, 13:28 (Ref:3644861)   #56
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Best not to keep filling up the tank and run it almost dry sometimes as water is heavier than petrol so it collects in the bottom of the tank and corrosion starts that way, if the tank is running very low the water /petrol mixes up and ends up being burnt off in the engine. In the good old days water in the petrol tank was always a problem, but perhaps these days garages do not water down petrol like they used to
Old 27 May 2016, 14:19 (Ref:3644878)   #57
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Aren't most fuel tanks plastic these days?
Old 27 May 2016, 14:23 (Ref:3644882)   #58
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I have found a hyper Auchan with unleaded 98, a sign that the blockade of most of fuel depot is over. But the strike goes on...
Old 28 May 2016, 20:34 (Ref:3645231)   #59
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
News in the Netherlands reports fuel strike is over, let's hope the info is correct.
Old 28 May 2016, 21:26 (Ref:3645254)   #60
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
News in the Netherlands reports fuel strike is over, let's hope the info is correct.
Also hope for a resolution - while there was a certain intellectual challenge to seeing how far I could stretch a Prius' range with no aircon, no ICE, and careful driving, doing the trip with creature comforts and at times using Simon's beloved 'PWR' button makes things a lot nicer.
Old 28 May 2016, 21:41 (Ref:3645263)   #61
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
oh yes the power button, the use of which explained the rather low MPG as i remember my estate jaguar got down to le mans two wweks later faster and with considerably better MPG. But the prius was fun pushed to the limits
Old 1 Jun 2016, 08:55 (Ref:3646254)   #62
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
We should find enough fuel for our cars till the end of the event. There is now a strike in the transportation sector which can be extended day after day.
But 60% of TGV still work, and 50% for other trains. The only risk is to wait a moment in the stations.
Old 1 Jun 2016, 09:08 (Ref:3646256)   #63
fefe
Rookie

fefe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Further Transportation Strikes in France Beginning Tomorrow.
French air traffic controllers (ATC) are going on strike. http://thepointsguy.com/2016/05/atc-...ain-in-france/
Old 4 Jun 2016, 23:51 (Ref:3647274)   #64
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The SNCF strike is pretty harsh, took me 7 hours to get to Le Mans from Lyon and only just made it!, trains from Paris are crazy full, and very disrupted, also cancellations from Lille, schedules only updated at midday each day. My advice - leave earlier than planned and take provisions
Old 4 Jun 2016, 23:57 (Ref:3647275)   #65
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Were you able to conduct that LMP story or did the delays prevent it altogether Sam?
https://twitter.com/RacecarEngineer/...06944441028608
Old 5 Jun 2016, 06:29 (Ref:3647302)   #66
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
No shortage of petrol and diesel at the pumps now.
Old 6 Jun 2016, 11:49 (Ref:3647650)   #67
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins View Post
The SNCF strike is pretty harsh, took me 7 hours to get to Le Mans from Lyon and only just made it!, trains from Paris are crazy full, and very disrupted, also cancellations from Lille, schedules only updated at midday each day. My advice - leave earlier than planned and take provisions
That's awful!

Not looking forward to the journey there and back by train next week, sounds like I might miss the Wednesday free practice session if it takes a similar amount of time
Old 16 Jun 2016, 10:47 (Ref:3650429)   #68
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How is transportation going in the area,
as usual or some delays?
Old 16 Jun 2016, 11:05 (Ref:3650434)   #69
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
How is transportation going in the area,
as usual or some delays?
80% of TGV work.
I think it's OK at Le Mans.
Eric ?
Old 16 Jun 2016, 13:40 (Ref:3650473)   #70
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
All seems fine on the roads.

We have enough fuel to get back so quite relaxed about it all.

Posted from Le Mans on some magical electronic device XT-43-F
Old 17 Jun 2016, 02:49 (Ref:3650827)   #71
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good to hear!
Old 17 Jun 2016, 05:43 (Ref:3650847)   #72
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
One of our comrades had a 90 minute delay getting into the tunnel on the UK side yesterday but everything in France was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 17 Jun 2016, 07:04 (Ref:3650859)   #73
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the tunnel forgot to check if there were any sporting events going on in northern France.

Posted from Le Mans on some magical electronic device XT-43-F
Old 21 Jun 2016, 07:23 (Ref:3654090)   #74
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Although that was insignificant to yesterday and the Calais side. 90 minutes delay as they had allowed too many people to book/didn't have enough passport controls open.

Followed by a technical problem with another 3, oh sorry 4, oh sorry 5 hours delay.
Fun.

Posted using a XT-43-H
Old 21 Jun 2016, 07:47 (Ref:3654093)   #75
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
We had about an hour's queue for the tunnel yesterday lunchtime.

But once through the French and British passport checks we were straight (and I mean - straight - green lights through all the terminal lanes) onto the train.

The train was only half full and must have been around the time of the electrical problems as most of the lights went out in the carriage and it came to a stop in the tunnel before lurching back into life.