Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 25 Mar 2017, 04:20 (Ref:3721322)   #26
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post

Sebastien Vettel almost half a second in front of the Mercedes cars. Only a day after saying Mercedes is the team to beat. God I could just punch him in the face.

MWAHAHAHA PMSL!
Old 25 Mar 2017, 04:54 (Ref:3721328)   #27
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:

Sebastien Vettel almost half a second in front of the Mercedes cars. Only a day after saying Mercedes is the team to beat. God I could just punch him in the face.

Haha well I'll punch both he and Hamilton in the face!

Good to see Ferrari find a bit of pace though, plus Bottas. I just wonder if Hamilton could still find another half a second.

Renault and Haas not looking too bad, maybe best of the rest. Looking forward to qualy!
Old 25 Mar 2017, 06:02 (Ref:3721343)   #28
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quick! Everyone get your fast laps in quick before Williams can get Stroll's car back on track for him to cause another red.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 07:15 (Ref:3721347)   #29
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hamilton 1st again by three tenths. 1 pit stop races with no chance of passing. Oh boy. So when's the next Indycar and GP2 races?

Did anyone see the interview with, I think it was Dan Rico, when he was talking about needing to make F1 more entertaining because it's not on the level of football or basketball? Interesting that he was honest about that.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 07:56 (Ref:3721360)   #30
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpolinski View Post
Quick! Everyone get your fast laps in quick before Williams can get Stroll's car back on track for him to cause another red.
Mr Webber called it on the #10 commentary.. Mr Stroll is about 2 corners behind the car, being very tentative on turn in & thru the corners.. fearful? Setup issues? Need more experience?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 25 Mar 2017, 08:12 (Ref:3721362)   #31
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post
Hamilton 1st again by three tenths. 1 pit stop races with no chance of passing. Oh boy. So when's the next Indycar and GP2 races?

Did anyone see the interview with, I think it was Dan Rico, when he was talking about needing to make F1 more entertaining because it's not on the level of football or basketball? Interesting that he was honest about that.
Yikes, at least let's see a race before giving up all hope! It's close! Vettel is closer than rosberg has been to Hamilton for the last 3 years in Melbourne
Old 25 Mar 2017, 08:13 (Ref:3721363)   #32
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Mr Webber called it on the #10 commentary.. Mr Stroll is about 2 corners behind the car, being very tentative on turn in & thru the corners.. fearful? Setup issues? Need more experience?
Out of his depth. Daddy bought him the best seats all the way through junior categories.....and he's now a boy in a mans world
Old 25 Mar 2017, 10:14 (Ref:3721381)   #33
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The race will be rubbish don't watch.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 10:48 (Ref:3721387)   #34
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Looks like Lewis will finally get what he's been asking for the last couple of years, some real competition up front from other teams.

From Thursdays press conference:

https://youtu.be/vLoI_UXkcS4?t=25m5s
Old 25 Mar 2017, 12:11 (Ref:3721399)   #35
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
Looks like Lewis will finally get what he's been asking for the last couple of years, some real competition up front from other teams.

From Thursdays press conference:

https://youtu.be/vLoI_UXkcS4?t=25m5s
Indeed. Hopefully now we can stop the BS about Lewis only winning because he's in the quickest car...and for that matter vettel when he was in the red bull. The cars look very equal this year so hopefully we can see who is the better driver
Old 25 Mar 2017, 13:14 (Ref:3721404)   #36
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
And the Ferrari off the line starts are normally better than the Merc. Vettel ahead into the first corner tomorrow?
Old 25 Mar 2017, 13:29 (Ref:3721406)   #37
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ascarracinguk View Post
Out of his depth. Daddy bought him the best seats all the way through junior categories.....and he's now a boy in a mans world
Pretty accurate I reckon. Behind the scenes I hear Williams pretty appalled with him
Old 25 Mar 2017, 17:24 (Ref:3721448)   #38
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Pretty accurate I reckon. Behind the scenes I hear Williams pretty appalled with him
As a Williams follower since the Keke days, I despair of what they have become and 2017 is the epitome of it.

The in car shots of Stroll were to my (untrained) eye terrifying to watch, he looks on the verge of an accident almost all the time. I know that CW says that this is not a 'sell out', but it looks like the invoice pad came out before the rationale.

They knew these cars were going to be tougher to driver and we have seen old hands lose then and not sure why.

Williams will pour points down the drain this year.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 18:00 (Ref:3721451)   #39
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The Stroll family has still the money in 1 or 2 years time. Why the rush to enter F1 instead of a couple of GP2 seasons?
Old 25 Mar 2017, 19:21 (Ref:3721466)   #40
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
To prove he's as "good" as Verstappen.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 20:31 (Ref:3721483)   #41
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
As a Williams follower since the Keke days, I despair of what they have become and 2017 is the epitome of it.

The in car shots of Stroll were to my (untrained) eye terrifying to watch, he looks on the verge of an accident almost all the time. I know that CW says that this is not a 'sell out', but it looks like the invoice pad came out before the rationale.

Is it really true that Lance Stroll's father spent $80 million to get his son the Williams F1 seat ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Mar 2017, 20:36 (Ref:3721484)   #42
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow. It was close in qualifying. Looks like it is going to be a Ferrari versus Mercedes battle this year. That could be good. Plus, Hamilton and Vettel locking horns. Another plus point.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 20:43 (Ref:3721486)   #43
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
I didn't like Stroll getting to F1 ahead of far more deserving drivers, however he wasn't that bad in F3. He had 4 teammates in 2016 and 2 of them only won a race each. Stroll won 14. It was a very dominant campaign, especially in the second half. Plus he won the Toyata series and some F4 series so it's not like he's not a proven winner.

I wasn't expecting him to be quite this bad in F1. He maybe just needs a bit more time but will come better soon.

He's no Max though. And Max had a smidgen of the experience Stroll already has.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 21:07 (Ref:3721491)   #44
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Quote:
I didn't like Stroll getting to F1 ahead of far more deserving drivers, however he wasn't that bad in F3. He had 4 teammates in 2016 and 2 of them only won a race each. Stroll won 14. It was a very dominant campaign, especially in the second half. Plus he won the Toyata series and some F4 series so it's not like he's not a proven winner
Only problem with that logic is daddy bought prema power team for him, he had the best kit and his teammates had to play second fiddle, and were given team orders on several occasions
Old 25 Mar 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3721492)   #45
ascarracinguk
Veteran

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/123561
Old 25 Mar 2017, 21:27 (Ref:3721494)   #46
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Only problem with that logic is daddy bought prema power team for him, he had the best kit and his teammates had to play second fiddle, and were given team orders on several occasions
Reminds me of my old mum (RIP) that gave me 4 quid in 1964 to buy a 100e with no engine
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 25 Mar 2017, 21:31 (Ref:3721495)   #47
ascarracinguk
Veteran

Lmao!
Old 25 Mar 2017, 21:48 (Ref:3721497)   #48
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The race will be rubbish don't watch.
Hope they have plenty of fuel (and a refuelling station) for the Safety Car, Medical Car & Recovery Tenders....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 26 Mar 2017, 01:13 (Ref:3721515)   #49
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
^^^ This.

Your average F1/race fan aren't aware of the politics involved behind the scenes in this game. They only see the results on TV and judge. Just like most of the Schumacher and Vettel bandwagon, who saw them winning on the TV and jumped on the wagon.

Same story happening with Schumacher Jr. Who is preferred over better, and more talented drivers. Schumacher Jr's got the money, and the surname which will see him in F1 soon no doubt.

I have a feeling later on in the year, when the opportunity arises, Massa might have a bad race or two.
Old 26 Mar 2017, 03:40 (Ref:3721522)   #50
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
The next IndyCar race is the Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach, on the April 9th. It's Round 2 of the season and will be the 43rd running of the race.