Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 12 Nov 2005, 18:36 (Ref:1459051)   #1
Shelagh
Pit Lane Hooter
Veteran

England
Gnosall, Stafford
Shelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridShelagh should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Walter Hayes Trophy Meeting

Not been on the computer for a while (away with work) and couldn't see any other thread on this subject, so apologies if I've missed this somewhere else!

Autosport had a wonderful quote from a CoC regarding Neil Cunningham and another from Neil that it "cost him £20 in Mars Bars".

Two questions:
1) Who was the CoC ('cos I have various possibilities in mind)?
2) Was it true about the Mars Bars?

I just have an enquiring nature!
Old 12 Nov 2005, 19:02 (Ref:1459065)   #2
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't get Autosport, so don't know what the quote from the CoC was, but Neil was seen at a post with a box in hand:

http://jgphotos.whtmarshals.fotopic.net/p22497097.html

There is also a marshal's gallery http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76193 (shameless plug!)
Old 12 Nov 2005, 19:38 (Ref:1459086)   #3
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase
I don't get Autosport, so don't know what the quote from the CoC was, but Neil was seen at a post with a box in hand:

http://jgphotos.whtmarshals.fotopic.net/p22497097.html

There is also a marshal's gallery http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76193 (shameless plug!)
Quote:
following an investigation, I find you guilty of driving like a plonker. Stop acting like a Kiwi superstar!
unknown CoC

Quote:
It cost me £20 in mars bars!
Mr. Cunningham
Old 12 Nov 2005, 19:44 (Ref:1459092)   #4
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, I heard of the quote, it was on the bullitin board.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 19:46 (Ref:1459093)   #5
The STIG
Veteran

United Kingdom
Too far from home
The STIG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jase
I don't get Autosport, so don't know what the quote from the CoC was
So I post it.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1459102)   #6
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Neil was driving the wheels off that thing every lap into Brooklands. We had somebody come off and when we went out to deal Neil came scorching into Brookland sliding it (like normal).
Later on in the session we had some oil dropped there and yet again a car into the kitty litter. So yellows and stripey are out at Brooklands and Neil starts sliding and spins the car around onto the inside of the corner.

He was asked to report to race control and about an hour later to say 'Sorry' he bought down a box of mars bars and gave one to every body involved.

He showed us the piece of paper (from Dave Scott I think) Which did say 'Driving like a plonker'
Old 12 Nov 2005, 22:50 (Ref:1459190)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
There is a thread on the WHT in the FF Forum. If you don't mind I am going to move this thread there as I feel it is better suited there and will get a better response as well. I will leave a redirect here for you too being the kind hearted person I am
Old 13 Nov 2005, 00:27 (Ref:1459269)   #8
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks Stephen

Last edited by Robin_D; 13 Nov 2005 at 00:30. Reason: Spelling!