Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 22 Mar 2010, 15:07 (Ref:2657853)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
BTCC Support package

Is there any word yet on what kind of package will be supporting the BTCC this year?
Old 22 Mar 2010, 15:08 (Ref:2657854)   #2
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
same as last year. they have multi year contracts
Old 22 Mar 2010, 15:24 (Ref:2657865)   #3
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Porsche Carrera Cup GB (with a bumper 28 car grid)
Ginetta G40 Juniors
Ginetta G50
Formula Renault UK
Renault Clio Cup
Old 22 Mar 2010, 15:32 (Ref:2657870)   #4
brands hatch
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kent
brands hatch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 22 Mar 2010, 15:52 (Ref:2657880)   #5
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really looking forwards to it. FRenault doesn't appeal to me much (single seaters aren't my cuppa), and the problem with the Porsches for me was the low entries compared to the long-ish races so 28 cars will improve that. Clios and the Ginetta Juniors were my faves, so glad to see them stay.

Will FR and Clios be going to Knockhill or is there another clash with WSR day at Silverstone?
Old 22 Mar 2010, 16:09 (Ref:2657897)   #6
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The full regular package will be at Knockhill.

Interested to see if the Ginetta G40 Juniors are as good as the G20 Juniors were.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 16:12 (Ref:2657899)   #7
kezza7
Racer

England
Retford
kezza7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought FR's didnt race there because it was too dangerous, and there was a big crash one year, or something like that?
Old 22 Mar 2010, 16:42 (Ref:2657916)   #8
GroupOfOne
Racer

GroupOfOne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FRenault and Clios are currently due to miss the Donington BTCC meeting, as they'll be on show at Silverstone for the WSR meeting that day.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 16:48 (Ref:2657921)   #9
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroupOfOne View Post
FRenault and Clios are currently due to miss the Donington BTCC meeting, as they'll be on show at Silverstone for the WSR meeting that day.
British Formula Ford will replace the Renaults at Donington on the support bill. Heritage GTs will also appear at Snetterton.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 17:22 (Ref:2657944)   #10
kezza7
Racer

England
Retford
kezza7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think the BTCC is going to miss the Donnington BTCC meeting.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2657951)   #11
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza7 View Post
Oh ye of little faith.

Jim
Old 22 Mar 2010, 18:35 (Ref:2657987)   #12
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
A great shame is Donington.

I live in Solihull (near Bham) so Silverstone and Donington are about the same distance from me (about 50-60 miles each) but I consider Donington my "local" circuit, simply because I have been there so many more times than Silverstone, and has more character than the Northamptonshire circuit.

It will be a massive shame if the BTCC can't race on Donington this year, as after Brands Hatch, I think Donington is the best circuit for viewing.
Old 22 Mar 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2658026)   #13
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I thought FR's didnt race there because it was too dangerous, and there was a big crash one year, or something like that?
the reason given was that the teams had an extra day on the road with too much fuel costs, they did come in 2006 for a renault festival with formula woman supporting

the crash at post 10 in 2006 had no bearing on it, knockhill is as safe if not safer than most UK tracks, it is certainly a lot wider with very generous run offs. Indeed Knockhill will be attracting bigger and more prestigious series in the coming years due to the continual investment in the track and facilities

anyway back to topic, the TOCA supports look pretty good this year, f-renault entries are looking poor though but all the others are promising very big grids
Old 22 Mar 2010, 23:56 (Ref:2658285)   #14
m1fcf
Veteran

United Kingdom
m1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridm1fcf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A full breakdown of the Thruxton BTCC meeting can be found at http://www.barc.net/competitors/race.../hq1003-01.php

With all the other timetables for this year at http://www.barc.net/competitors/race...bles/index.php

However, I believe the website is due to change in the next few weeks, so the locations may vary after that time.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 01:38 (Ref:2658320)   #15
Spaced Invader
Racer

England
Attleborough, Norfolk
Spaced Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I always love the fact Heritage comes to play for my home round at Snett. Guess it helps what with Mr Bennington, the prime Heritage mover close proximity to Snett.

And is it me or is the Ginetta Junior G40 and absolutely fabulous lookin little car?
Old 23 Mar 2010, 15:57 (Ref:2658662)   #16
the sniper
Veteran

European Union
Birmingham
the sniper has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
Really looking forwards to it. FRenault doesn't appeal to me much (single seaters aren't my cuppa), and the problem with the Porsches for me was the low entries compared to the long-ish races so 28 cars will improve that.
They're going to have a 28 car grid! That's good news, as you say, with a decent grid the Carrera Cup can be good, over the years the Supercup has proven that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kipper View Post
British Formula Ford will replace the Renaults at Donington on the support bill.
I wonder if if the TV rights will permit it being shown live on ITV4?

Quote:
Old 23 Mar 2010, 16:02 (Ref:2658666)   #17
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Quote:
Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
They're going to have a 28 car grid! That's good news, as you say, with a decent grid the Carrera Cup can be good, over the years the Supercup has proven that.
Mind you, I think only 8 of the drivers are Pro category. There's a few decent Pro-Am1 drivers like Glynn Geddie and so on. After that the racing could get interesting with guys who let the Porsche get the better of them!

Quote:
I wonder if if the TV rights will permit it being shown live on ITV4?
I can't see there being any problem with that.
Old 23 Mar 2010, 19:12 (Ref:2658802)   #18
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
glynn geddie is in the pro category this year
Old 23 Mar 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2658809)   #19
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Doubt the Donington thing will happen at all! :P
Old 24 Mar 2010, 16:10 (Ref:2659280)   #20
Barman1963
Rookie

Barman1963 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Excuse my ignorance but are there entry list for the support categories to be found anywhere ?
Old 24 Mar 2010, 16:35 (Ref:2659286)   #21
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Probably on the series' individual websites. Just looked at the Clio testing times for today. A maximum of 10 cars out. That doesn't look good.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 17:46 (Ref:2659318)   #22
Delenn
Rookie

England
Delenn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
Probably on the series' individual websites. Just looked at the Clio testing times for today. A maximum of 10 cars out. That doesn't look good.
Someone at Brands told me yesterday there were only about a dozen Clios registered, so no, it doesn't sounds good.

28 Porsches???
Old 24 Mar 2010, 17:48 (Ref:2659320)   #23
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delenn View Post
Someone at Brands told me yesterday there were only about a dozen Clios registered, so no, it doesn't sounds good.

...:
Im sure even 12 clios will produce a good race
Old 24 Mar 2010, 20:24 (Ref:2659409)   #24
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Wow, 12 is bad.

I remember when the Fiesta championship (my all time favorite support series) had about 30 entries in around 1998.
Old 24 Mar 2010, 21:13 (Ref:2659432)   #25
westfieldbend
Veteran

westfieldbend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt View Post
Im sure even 12 clios will produce a good race
Clio's handle too well! (as do most modern cars - probably why we like club and classic meetings so much!!)

BTCC support package looks quite poor this year (in my opinion) with problems regard spares for FRenault (?) and the mentioned poor grid of clios, Ginetta's will probably save it though.