Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22 Jul 2005, 12:05 (Ref:1360762)   #1
Mathias
Veteran

England
Buckinghamshire: home of the British GP!
Mathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMathias should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Single-seater formulae - what are they all?

How do all!

I'm just in the middle of doing some research, by way of diverting myself from real work, about the route that drivers take on their way to F1, and my efforts so far have revealed that there are an awful lot of junior single-seaters categories out there that current F1 drivers have driven in, and yet very little information about the serieses themselves, the differences between them, and how they sort of relate to each other.

This is made especially difficult by them seeming to change their names on a regular basis.

Is anyone aware of a website that succinctly explains all the different single-seater serieses used across the world? It can't be too much to ask, surely!

I mean, am I right in thinking that Formula BMW, Formula Vauxhall/Opel and Skip Barber Formula Dodge can all be thought of as the same level of racing - i.e. they are all entry-level, single-make, slicks and wings series?

But what is Formula Asia? Is it a precursor to FBMW Asia, and hence another entry-level, single-make, slicks and wings series?

Is Formula Nissan 2000 the same as World Series by Nissan, and can you assume that World Series by Renault (also known as Formula Renault 3.5) is pretty much the same level?

Is Formula Holden the same as F4000, and is it the same kind of level as F2/F3000/GP2?

Doesn't anybody regulate all these serieses?