Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 7 Feb 2018, 04:44 (Ref:3799189)   #1
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
[VASC18TEST] Sydney Motorsport Park Test: February 16.

Is this event open to the public? Or is it once again just ARDC members?
Old 9 Feb 2018, 03:42 (Ref:3799763)   #2
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Roland Dane on whether all Holden teams will receive their new panels to run at the test day:

“Hopefully they will all be able to do the test. It is all last minute but that is motorsport.”

Story here
Old 9 Feb 2018, 10:39 (Ref:3799817)   #3
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Roland Dane on whether all Holden teams will receive their new panels to run at the test day:

“Hopefully they will all be able to do the test. It is all last minute but that is motorsport.”

Story here
another way for saying "**** happens"?
Old 9 Feb 2018, 10:58 (Ref:3799820)   #4
Ospi
Veteran

Ospi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOspi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm sure the customers are feeling just as blasé about it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 9 Feb 2018, 11:32 (Ref:3799836)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ospi View Post
I'm sure the customers are feeling just as blasé about it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
888 have 4 sets (at least...) of everything, while recent images/videos of more than one team has team cars look like wrecker yard skeletons...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 9 Feb 2018, 12:06 (Ref:3799848)   #6
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Triple Eight states that they're also doing all of the quality control on them, and ensuring everything is erfect, before distributing.
Old 9 Feb 2018, 17:48 (Ref:3799995)   #7
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
Triple Eight states that they're also doing all of the quality control on them, and ensuring everything is erfect, before distributing.
What about the stuff subied out to GRM?
Old 9 Feb 2018, 21:24 (Ref:3800083)   #8
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not sure when that deal comes on line. Presumably once the dust settles on the initial roll out of parts.
Old 9 Feb 2018, 22:01 (Ref:3800096)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I'm not sure when that deal comes on line. Presumably once the dust settles on the initial roll out of parts.

Video Here

Uploaded yesterday...

Team seems to be making undertrays, and has the buck for the splitter...

And geez... isn’t Barry a chip off the old block
Old 13 Feb 2018, 05:58 (Ref:3800864)   #10
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
What about the stuff subied out to GRM?
Neither GRM front bar on 14 or 8 survived PI today...
Old 13 Feb 2018, 06:04 (Ref:3800865)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Friday is going to be fun then... 3 Holdens running and the rest back in the shed, sharing body parts...
Old 13 Feb 2018, 06:21 (Ref:3800866)   #12
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
Quote:
Does that mean Holden teams are already down to one shared extra front bar for Friday, since they were anticipating having three before this piece of news?
Old 13 Feb 2018, 06:28 (Ref:3800867)   #13
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Back the old days of Group C when certain teams would withhold parts until the very last moment.
Old 13 Feb 2018, 07:52 (Ref:3800873)   #14
GeoffL
Rookie

GeoffL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ARDC today advised that it was only for ARDC members and that strict conditions apply. ARDC members can not bring a guest
Old 13 Feb 2018, 10:57 (Ref:3800906)   #15
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffL View Post
ARDC today advised that it was only for ARDC members and that strict conditions apply. ARDC members can not bring a guest
It is a Supercar event- they have hired the circuit and obviously provided some benefits to ARDC members.
Old 13 Feb 2018, 11:46 (Ref:3800917)   #16
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
No reason if you live in or around Sydney and you’re a motorsport fan not to be an ARDC member really.
Old 13 Feb 2018, 23:48 (Ref:3801149)   #17
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
From the ARDC:

You can enjoy all the action from the comfort of the ARDC Garage Café, Pit Roof over looking Pit Lane, as well as the Grandstand and grassed areas.

1. Access to SMSP 10:00am - 2:00pm
2. A VALID ARDC Membership Card must be shown at the gate to gain entry into SMSP
3. Guest Cards will not permit access into SMSP on this day
4. The North Paddock area and the Garages are off-limits.
Old 14 Feb 2018, 05:56 (Ref:3801185)   #18
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Any more on this, all the usual outlets are very quiet on it.
Old 14 Feb 2018, 06:30 (Ref:3801187)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Is this event open to the public? Or is it once again just ARDC members?
Anyone... According To Speedcafe
Old 14 Feb 2018, 06:49 (Ref:3801189)   #20
Umai Naa
Veteran

That's going to be interesting at the gate on Friday.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 03:57 (Ref:3801423)   #21
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Any more on this, all the usual outlets are very quiet on it.
some info here...

https://www.speedcafe.com/2018/02/15...bjr-shakedown/
Old 15 Feb 2018, 04:39 (Ref:3801428)   #22
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
The mail from one of the famed powder rooms is T8 may have had the problem and omitted to pass the info on.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 07:04 (Ref:3801450)   #23
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
The mail from one of the famed powder rooms is T8 may have had the problem and omitted to pass the info on.
Well if you read the above report BJR have used their own mounting system which makes the above likely to just be scuttlebutt.
Old 15 Feb 2018, 07:14 (Ref:3801453)   #24
Umai Naa
Veteran

Perhaps an area of the car that could have potentially been a control design (if you go back to the BF era, where teams were issued guidelines on how they should be installed, after a kerfuffle involving Triple Eight), but a team has probably now flushed serveral thousand dollars in time, and materials down the toilet trying to be a pioneer
Old 15 Feb 2018, 08:12 (Ref:3801474)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Perhaps an area of the car that could have potentially been a control design (if you go back to the BF era, where teams were issued guidelines on how they should be installed, after a kerfuffle involving Triple Eight), but a team has probably now flushed serveral thousand dollars in time, and materials down the toilet trying to be a pioneer
The blokes and blokettes had to do something while waiting for the 888 parts delivery to show up...