Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 15 Nov 2016, 12:59 (Ref:3688245)   #46
Compsec99
Rookie

Compsec99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In early March 2017 formula 1 BRISCA stock cars will race at Wimbledon for the last time, as a tribute to its importance in the stock car world
Old 15 Nov 2016, 13:45 (Ref:3688259)   #47
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A slightly bizarre decision considering Stock cars and Brisca were never really that big down South and never have been!

But a great way to sign off the stadium. Supports from saloons stock cars and a proper Wimbledon formula Superstox.
Old 19 Nov 2016, 15:35 (Ref:3689382)   #48
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post

Americans to be honest don't know any better, their motorsport diet is built around oval racing, so the prize oney is immense, the ladder to top series like Late Models, Sprint cars and NASCAR is there for them, unlike anywhere else in the world, hence their short oval and oval racing in general attracts the kind of crowds we get for F1, MotoGP and other large events.

I personally dislike US racing, it is all non contact. the thing I like about most UK short oval racing. Yes the cars look great, are fast, but the racing is so so in my opinion.
Plenty of contact in the lower ranks at the local level.

Would much rather watch a field of street stocks(think 80s monte carlos) around a 1/3 mile oval than anything at the TV level of NASCAR.

I think the main problem for y'all in the UK is the size of the tracks. All are pretty much 1/4 mile and relatively flat. I feel if you built a 1/3 or 3/8 mile track with some decent banking you'd see even better racing, especially out of the non-contact formulas.

Also, ditch the standing starts and separation by class. You can have the cars separated by talent level, but have them do a 2x2 rolling start in one pack, rather than the groups of cars and a standing start.

This is my local track where we run a late model, it's the perfect size for most oval categories. In this video are Street Stocks and Ministocks. They mostly all start as a factory stock vehicle that has been preped for racing, so they're perfectly safe and fast.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM-JOFhZr6s