Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 15 Jan 2009, 10:21 (Ref:2371880)   #31
group a supra
Rookie

group a supra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
for those interested i am able to reproduce all the suspension and chassis componets used in these cars now as i have found zee drawings
Old 15 Jan 2009, 10:32 (Ref:2371884)   #32
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terryobeirne
I've written to Bemani and never got a reply. I'd be surprised if they were scrapped given they expensive parts used in them, and hopefully they are lurking somewhere in Europe. it seems like it will be a real mssion to find one of them
Given that Bemani still seem to have been running them into the early/mid-90's, I wouldn't be surprised if they're still around...
Old 20 Jan 2009, 10:46 (Ref:2375153)   #33
group a supra
Rookie

group a supra should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
the 2 south african supra group a rallye cars have both come up for dale on a slight different note
Old 29 Jan 2009, 10:12 (Ref:2381950)   #34
terryobeirne
Rookie

Australia
australia
terryobeirne should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
do you mean "up for sale"????. pm me with some info please
Old 6 Jul 2009, 16:44 (Ref:2496680)   #35
supra300
Rookie

supra300 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Greetings children, an excellent forum.
You do not have information what suspender was applied by cars
Old 10 Jul 2009, 14:21 (Ref:2498961)   #36
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
The things you trip over on the web by accident... A wonderful Tony Matthews cut-away illustration of the TOM'S Supra...

http://www.khulsey.com/tm_supra_team...jitsu-ten.html
Old 16 Aug 2009, 09:31 (Ref:2522206)   #37
terryobeirne
Rookie

Australia
australia
the drivers names suggest its from Spa 24hr. anyone confirm this??>
I'm still trying to find the Bermani cars, not closer, no replies. Amazing really that no-one knows of them .
Old 16 Aug 2009, 12:42 (Ref:2522290)   #38
KA
Veteran

Definitely Spa- 1990. 3 Supras, car 36, Matsuda/Kurosawa/Dowsett, car 37, Hoshino/Suzuki/Tachi, car 38 Misaki/Kasuya/Verellen

http://homepage.mac.com/frank_de_jon...990%20Spa.html
Old 12 Sep 2009, 11:15 (Ref:2538951)   #39
terryobeirne
Rookie

Australia
australia
i have communicated with a guy in Switzerland who indicates at least 2 of them survive in europe. back onto the trail.
Old 5 Nov 2009, 12:17 (Ref:2576317)   #40
KA
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryobeirne View Post
I have coresponded with Hugh Marshall who drove one of the Thundersaloon Supras. he says both of them were built by Specfab, so neither may be ex works cars. The other (Cosworth powered) car was driven by Chris Hodgetts. The shell of one of them may survive.
anyone else have any more info yet??
There's an interesting Thundersaloon thread running on the Autosport forum, on which Simon Lewis has posted these shots of the ex-MIL Hugh Marshall Thundersaloon
http://www.simonlewis.com/images/ph-...a-BH120493.JPG
http://www.simonlewis.com/images/ph-...l-BH120493.JPG
Old 15 Nov 2009, 06:52 (Ref:2582175)   #41
terryobeirne
Rookie

Australia
australia
i cant find those pics on autosport forum. if you have a link, I'd appreciate it
Old 15 Nov 2009, 10:25 (Ref:2582219)   #42
KA
Veteran

Quote:
i cant find those pics on autosport forum. if you have a link, I'd appreciate it
Hi Terry- there's a thread titled 'British Thundersaloons' -the Supra pics are three or four pages in, and there have been a couple more posted since- I'll PM you a link
Old 28 Feb 2010, 14:51 (Ref:2641969)   #43
simon mathews
Rookie

simon mathews should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Missing Supra

Quote:
I have recentley been looking on this forum following the Mil Motorsport Supra story. I was involved in the running of one of the pair of Supras in Thundersaloons. The one owned and driven by Simon Pearson and Hugh Marshall.....Interested????
Old 28 Feb 2010, 17:08 (Ref:2642018)   #44
Tim Wilkinson
Veteran

England
Essex
Tim Wilkinson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sure am! I've got quite an interest in the Thundersaloons, so am always keen to hear from people involved with the cars.

Was it the car that Chris Hodgetts ran with an RS500 engine in, or the Cordy / Panter car? (or were those two the same?)
Old 2 Mar 2010, 22:18 (Ref:2643656)   #45
simon mathews
Rookie

simon mathews should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota Supra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wilkinson View Post
Sure am! I've got quite an interest in the Thundersaloons, so am always keen to hear from people involved with the cars.

Was it the car that Chris Hodgetts ran with an RS500 engine in, or the Cordy / Panter car? (or were those two the same?)
Hello, the car featured in the Simon Lewis photos is the Simon Pearson/Hugh Marshall car run on a shoestring budget in Thundersaloons from approximately 1991-1995. Simon purchased the ex-Cordy car, which had been run with a Cosworth BDT engine. We fitted it with the Vanderley built ex stars and stripes Manta engine, from memory the engine was 406 cubic inch with around 600 bhp and fitted to 6 speed Quaiffe gearbox. The sister car was the Chris Hodgetts/Nick Whale car with the RS 500 engine. This car was run by Specfab who originally built both cars for Toyota's assault on the group A series in England. The cars used several drivers in the first season of Group A, including we think, Hodgetts, Mark Hales Ian Flux and Vic Lee. I have a video of the BBC highlights of this season showing both cars in several rounds. Although off the pace of the Sierra's they were mixing it with the M3 BMW's and were qualifying around 10th. The Simon Pearson/Hugh Marshall car was also driven by Tim Lee-Davey, Val Mussetti and Don Manly at various times. The car was last run in 1995 and Simon Pearson sold the engine and gearbox over the next few years and I am now the owner of the rolling shell and spares such as they are. The car is complete, apart from the engine/box and apart from the modified rear arches and 'cossie' wing, is as it would have raced in Group A.