Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Downforce Radio MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 27 Jun 2012, 19:47 (Ref:3099068)   #16
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cal is saying he has an offer for a factory ride. Most are thinking it's from the boys in red.
Old 27 Jun 2012, 19:55 (Ref:3099077)   #17
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here's my guess. And no, I'm clinging on for hope that Smith doesn't really get the Tech 3 ride. If he does, it will be a Tech 3 CRT.

Ducati
Crutchlow
Hayden

Honda
Marquez
Pedrosa

Yamaha
Lorenzo
Rossi

Gresini
Bautista

LCR
Bradl

Tech 3
Dovizioso
Spies
Old 27 Jun 2012, 23:43 (Ref:3099189)   #18
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen View Post
Here's my guess. And no, I'm clinging on for hope that Smith doesn't really get the Tech 3 ride. If he does, it will be a Tech 3 CRT.
Yeah there's no chance of Smith getting a prototype next year, it would be a joke if he did considering his performances in Moto2. Im not the least bit surprised that Crutchlow is being linked to Ducati but he needs to ask himself if its worth losing the best bike in the field just to be able to say that he's a factory rider.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 00:21 (Ref:3099209)   #19
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie View Post
Yeah there's no chance of Smith getting a prototype next year, it would be a joke if he did considering his performances in Moto2. Im not the least bit surprised that Crutchlow is being linked to Ducati but he needs to ask himself if its worth losing the best bike in the field just to be able to say that he's a factory rider.
Been a long time since a rider with a satelite bike won a race.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 08:30 (Ref:3099272)   #20
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I would have no issue with Cal going to Ducati, I dont think it would necessairily harm him hugely if he was on Nickys pace he would show that he is doing about the same as Rossi, Melandri, Checa, Gibernau, Capirossi, and that isnt bad company.

PLus he would get a hefty pay cheque, and stil be likely to drop into WSB on a good bike if it all doesnt work out.

In my mind he has proved a lot this year, Smith is no way ready to move up amnd that whole deal stinks of a footblall type contract that is binding relative to no results or form.

I dont doubt thet Brad is talented but so far this year has proved very little and should really be a little embarassed about the whole deal really
Old 28 Jun 2012, 11:29 (Ref:3099341)   #21
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2013 will probably be another boring year until they get the regs right. Factory teams should have CRT bikes aswell - why ain't there no Honda/Yamaha engined CRT bikes?
Old 28 Jun 2012, 15:03 (Ref:3099432)   #22
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Been a long time since a rider with a satelite bike won a race.
Yeah but its been a long time since anyone looked like winning on a Ducati.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
I would have no issue with Cal going to Ducati, I dont think it would necessairily harm him hugely if he was on Nickys pace he would show that he is doing about the same as Rossi, Melandri, Checa, Gibernau, Capirossi, and that isnt bad company.

PLus he would get a hefty pay cheque, and stil be likely to drop into WSB on a good bike if it all doesnt work out.

In my mind he has proved a lot this year, Smith is no way ready to move up amnd that whole deal stinks of a footblall type contract that is binding relative to no results or form.

I dont doubt thet Brad is talented but so far this year has proved very little and should really be a little embarassed about the whole deal really
Oh yeah there's loads of perfectly valid reasons to go to Ducati, and you've named them, but with the graveyard that Ducati has been for riders in the past it would be a risky move. The guys you named were all world champions and race winners but how many of them would view the move to Ducati (in the 800 era not Capirex in 03) as a positive move that didn't effectively end their premier class careers?
Old 28 Jun 2012, 15:34 (Ref:3099439)   #23
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
You are right with one exception, the world champion, I think bike racers have gigantic ego's, and none of nthe really think they cant get on a bike and make it go fast! Cal will be no exception, he has done enough this year to justifry a palce after Ducati if he needs to.
Old 28 Jun 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3099444)   #24
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
Quote:
You are right with one exception, the world champion, I think bike racers have gigantic ego's, and none of nthe really think they cant get on a bike and make it go fast! Cal will be no exception, he has done enough this year to justifry a palce after Ducati if he needs to.
Casey is clearly the exception that proves the rule but in a sample size of which we've seen since 2007 no other rider has improved their standing to any real extent. I think Cal could do well on the Ducati, he's been really impressive this year and made a lot of people, including me, change my view on him.

On the other hand though he has to look at the fates of other talented riders on the bike and weigh up whether he thinks he can succeed where they failed.

Here's the list of Ducati riders since 2007. It's a pretty long list of race winners from the smaller GP classes or World Superbikes but for many of them Ducati was the end of their reputation as a potential MotoGP rider.

Im not saying that its impossible for Cal to succeed on the bike just that he needs to be wary.

Valentino Rossi
Nicky Hayden
Hector Barbera
Karel Abraham
Randy de Puniet
Casey Stoner
Carlos Checa
Mika Kallio
Niccolo Canepa
Sete Gibernau
Aleix Espargaro
Michel Fabrizio
Toni Elias
Sylvain Guintoli
Marco Melandri
Loris Capirossi
Alex Barros
Alex Hoffmann
Shinichi Itoh
Chaz Davies
Ivan Silva
Old 28 Jun 2012, 16:54 (Ref:3099471)   #25
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Quote:
Not sure to be honest, but LCR is a bit like Ducati, riders don't really seem to go well there. RdP had some moments, but that's about it really. Stoner had trouble there if you recall, and said that the team didn't have faith in his requests or insight. Elias, while not a great example, also said the team more or less said this is how the bike will be set up, now get on with it. Not exactly an inspiring environment for a rider.
Old 30 Jun 2012, 15:00 (Ref:3100195)   #26
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bradl looked good early int eh eyar ut has dropped off a bit now.

I think the tyre situation will obviously affect him more than Repsol.

Such a shame this stuff and the Spanish domination of everything GP happens, I so wish someone else was running our sport sometimes, CRT is beginning to look pathetic, regardless of Ezpeleta;s best intentions, he loks a spoilt little man with lost of power trying to push through hsi own ideas, as these bikesa re a tota joke with joke riders most ofth time

In the wet they look reasonable, but the sameis true in any series
For the sport to progress; meaning lots of factory bikes, riders, etc it really needs to be without the Dorna! They are simply hopeless, they are running a World Championship- not an Iberian/ Mediterranean Championship.....the number of Spanish riders is a joke!
The dropping of the rookie rules stinks; it's quite simply disgusting. Marquez is talented, but he's had loads of backing, support; imagine a young Brit with that type of backing......but no, Repsol & Marquez & Dorna = No rookie rule.
Rant over!!
Old 30 Jun 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3100207)   #27
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
thing is .. what's stopping a british company to back a brit .. as there are a few quick ones already in the series

Ciao Marco
Old 30 Jun 2012, 17:04 (Ref:3100223)   #28
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Well for a start we dont run the championship, the Spaniards do hence they look sfater their own!

Most of the sponspors involved are Spanish, nearly all of the people who work in the sport are based in Spain.

Of course a British team could do all these things, but they would be trying to do them in a Spanish championship that takes most of its riders from the CEV Buckler series which is also run by the same people who run GP.

You cannot argues with their policy, they have turned GP from ebing a world championship into a Spanish dominated series that is backed, funded and nurtured by its people.

Only trouble is, Spain is broke

But none seems to have told Ezpeleta
Old 10 Jul 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3104753)   #29
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Comments being tossed about that Rossi could continue with Ducati. I wonder if it's reasonable to assume that he has not had a favorable reception from Honda and Yamaha...
Old 12 Jul 2012, 09:12 (Ref:3105459)   #30
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Honda
Marquez
This has now been confirmed; http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/101135

I'm really excited to see what Marquez can do in MotoGP.