Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 14 Mar 2015, 01:38 (Ref:3514969)   #211
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
An interview with Mike Lancaster from AER, including some hints of LMP2 entrants maybe stepping up to P1.
Still no confirmation of the engine capacity of the P60 though. Why so secretive?

http://www.motorsport.com/wec/news/k...venture-490573
That was good, and it appears the AER weighs 108 kg.
Old 12 Jan 2017, 07:22 (Ref:3701974)   #212
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...-2018-wec.html
http://www.gp2series.com/Guide-to/The-car-and-engine/

So much for 2014 engine options!

The DSC story says the GP2 Mecachrome is a V6. The GP2 website says it is a V8. I don't follow GP2. Which is it?
Old 12 Jan 2017, 08:43 (Ref:3701981)   #213
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
The DSC story says the GP2 Mecachrome is a V6. The GP2 website says it is a V8. I don't follow GP2. Which is it?
Current engine is a V8, they're moving to a turbo V6 in 2018 (I originally thought it was for this year but it seems like they're sticking with the current formula for 2017 too).
Old 12 Jan 2017, 09:20 (Ref:3701988)   #214
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!Mike E is going for a new world record!
Thanks, Victor!
Old 12 Jan 2017, 10:53 (Ref:3702027)   #215
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If its a turbo motor it must be the GP3 based V6 from mechachrome, I think a V8 turbo will be too heavy. The Mechachrome V6 is a nice piece of kit, the main feature being the exhaust is in the middle of the 90degree V angle, and the inlet system is on the outside of the engine, much like Audis 120 Degree V6......this will provide a very nice packaging benefit, and really reduce the frontal silhouette of the engine, so it will be an aero-friendly engine layout for low drag and high speeds, here are some links to the mechachrome V6 GP3 engine, it would adapt quite well to LMP1 me thinks, as its already 3.4 litres which is a good starting point for low revs and high fuel efficiency.......very nice if this is the basis of the Ginetta LMP1 motor

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/le-nouveau-moteur-v6-gp3-expliqu%C3%A9-par-mecachrome-bretagnolles

http://fr.motorsport.com/gp3/news/le-nouveau-moteur-gp3-explique-par-mecachrome-742410/

http://www.autoblog.com/2015/09/06/gp3-16-dallara-chassis-official/#slide-3607264
Old 12 Jan 2017, 15:18 (Ref:3702109)   #216
Mike E
Veteran

So would a single turbo be more likely for packaging reasons as well?
Old 12 Jan 2017, 15:58 (Ref:3702125)   #217
canaglia
Racer

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honestly, I would like to see a HPD 3.5 V6 or a GM 6.2 V8 powering a private lmp1.
Never been a fan of high rev NA engines turned in dyno turbo...
Old 12 Jan 2017, 17:31 (Ref:3702138)   #218
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
woow the Mecachrome it's a very good looking engine with the exhaust in middle of the V. I think it could use a single turbo to save weight, but that mean lag.
Old 14 Jan 2017, 21:49 (Ref:3702611)   #219
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
woow the Mecachrome it's a very good looking engine with the exhaust in middle of the V. I think it could use a single turbo to save weight, but that mean lag.
Yes it's ripe for a single turbo in the middle of the V. There are many anti-lag methods to almost completley eradicate turbo lag, those being:

Fresh air bypass valve
Twin scroll exhaust volute.
Short exhausts.
Variable geometry turbine.
ALS "babg-bang" but it guzzles fuel and is very damaging to the exhaust.
Low-inertia compressor and turbine wheels made from titanium aluminide.

I see no reason why a single turbo will not work.
Old 14 Jan 2017, 23:08 (Ref:3702625)   #220
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Yes it's ripe for a single turbo in the middle of the V. There are many anti-lag methods to almost completley eradicate turbo lag, those being:

Fresh air bypass valve
Twin scroll exhaust volute.
Short exhausts.
Variable geometry turbine.
ALS "babg-bang" but it guzzles fuel and is very damaging to the exhaust.
Low-inertia compressor and turbine wheels made from titanium aluminide.

I see no reason why a single turbo will not work.
Thanks for the data. The Honda V6 engine for Indycar was single turbo the first year right?
Old 16 Jan 2017, 07:30 (Ref:3702868)   #221
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damian Baldi View Post
Thanks for the data. The Honda V6 engine for Indycar was single turbo the first year right?
Yes that's correct, and it was quite competitive against the twin-turbo GM engine.
Old 25 Jan 2017, 12:57 (Ref:3704988)   #222
Mike E
Veteran

So the Nissan GT-R LM V6 is available...

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/b...n-lmp1-engine/
Old 25 Jan 2017, 13:11 (Ref:3704989)   #223
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
Quote:
So the Nissan GT-R LM V6 is available...

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/b...n-lmp1-engine/
ouch! some thinly veiled sleights aimed at AER by Kolles in that press release!......for sure the 3.0 Nissan V6 LMP1 motor is a fantastic piece of kit, its a shame it was not in a car at the start of the 2016 season, I dare say Ginetta will stake an interest in it also, as it will be coming from Cosworth in Northampton, by my understanding NISMO are just fronting the deal as they own the design rights.
Old 25 Jan 2017, 15:59 (Ref:3705023)   #224
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
ouch! some thinly veiled sleights aimed at AER by Kolles in that press release!......for sure the 3.0 Nissan V6 LMP1 motor is a fantastic piece of kit, its a shame it was not in a car at the start of the 2016 season, I dare say Ginetta will stake an interest in it also, as it will be coming from Cosworth in Northampton, by my understanding NISMO are just fronting the deal as they own the design rights.
I like how they said they had "to deal with many setbacks in the past due to engine reliability issues," AKA, we kept catching on fire.
Old 25 Jan 2017, 16:10 (Ref:3705027)   #225
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Their old engine will be great for future BBQ parties though