Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 16 Mar 2016, 17:05 (Ref:3623356)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Currently I am watching the 2015/2016 World Series Sprintcars (Australia). Great series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
We need to include these guys; Whelen Modifieds

(Southern Schedule)
http://hometracks.nascar.com/races/NWSMT

Full Schedule:
http://hometracks.nascar.com/races/NWMT

One Southern Event already run, in NC. There's another this weekend in Concord NC.

Icebreaker at Thompson Speedway in CT April 10th.

If you've never seen modifieds before, you need to check them out!

Defending and 3 time series Champ, Doug Coby:

Nah mofifieds on asphalt are not really my cup of tea. Years ago I watched a tv series which followed several drivers at Bowman Gray. Fun to watch.
Old 16 Mar 2016, 17:26 (Ref:3623364)   #17
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
C
Nah mofifieds on asphalt are not really my cup of tea. Years ago I watched a tv series which followed several drivers at Bowman Gray. Fun to watch.
They do dirt as well
http://www.superdirtcarseries.com/sc.../2016-schedule
And are Big Blocks, too!

Speedvision used to show the races at the NY State Fairgrounds. Such a cool, throw back event:
http://www.superdirtweekonline.com/
Old 16 Mar 2016, 17:32 (Ref:3623367)   #18
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Currently I am watching the 2015/2016 World Series Sprintcars (Australia). Great series.

Madhouse was a horrible representation of the sport.
Old 16 Mar 2016, 17:38 (Ref:3623370)   #19
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
They do dirt as well
http://www.superdirtcarseries.com/sc.../2016-schedule
And are Big Blocks, too!

Speedvision used to show the races at the NY State Fairgrounds. Such a cool, throw back event:
http://www.superdirtweekonline.com/
I like modifieds on dirt and watch regular USMTS on Youtube.
Old 16 Mar 2016, 17:39 (Ref:3623371)   #20
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Madhouse was a horrible representation of the sport.
But still fun to watch.
Old 16 Mar 2016, 17:52 (Ref:3623380)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bowman Gray is on my bucket list. Not for a Winston-Salem State Div II football game, even though that would be cool. One of the few "in town" tracks remaining, I think.
Old 16 Mar 2016, 20:46 (Ref:3623451)   #22
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Bowman Gray is on my bucket list. Not for a Winston-Salem State Div II football game, even though that would be cool. One of the few "in town" tracks remaining, I think.
I saw an old Grand National Division (now Sprint Cup) race there, YEARS ago. It was a fun track and it is one that REALLY show who the talented drivers are. You'll love the place in person!
Old 17 Mar 2016, 01:57 (Ref:3623493)   #23
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
I saw an old Grand National Division (now Sprint Cup) race there, YEARS ago. It was a fun track and it is one that REALLY show who the talented drivers are. You'll love the place in person!
That's awesome you saw a GN race there. Was the King or the Silver Fox the winner?
Old 17 Mar 2016, 03:08 (Ref:3623500)   #24
Nick Woodbury
Racer

United States
Massachusetts, USA
Nick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNick Woodbury should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bowman Gray fans and how they behave are completely and utterly deplorable. Just watch any video on Youtube that involves a driver to driver fight or any on-track excursion and you'll quickly realize just what I mean.

As for me, the Local racing season is JUST around the corner! I can hardly contain my anticipation for warm temperatures and the fumes of expended race fuel! Winters up here in Massachusetts seem to last longer and longer to me each and every year, the wait is truly awful.

My local raceway, Lee USA Speedway in Lee, NH, will be holding their season opening event on the 9th and 10th of April.....The Governors Cup 150 for the American Canadian Tour Late Models. A Short video I made about the event back in 2011 (One of the rare occasions when it was a relatively warm day). Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyF0nIVdu9k Now mind you, I was far younger and far more inexperienced back then, so pardon the excessive jittery-ness of some of the footage.

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 17 Mar 2016 at 03:18.
Old 17 Mar 2016, 07:52 (Ref:3623530)   #25
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That's awesome you saw a GN race there. Was the King or the Silver Fox the winner?
The King won that one. It was in 1967. That was one of his 27 wins for that season.
Old 17 Mar 2016, 13:26 (Ref:3623600)   #26
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Woodbury View Post
Bowman Gray fans and how they behave are completely and utterly deplorable. Just watch any video on Youtube that involves a driver to driver fight or any on-track excursion and you'll quickly realize just what I mean.

As for me, the Local racing season is JUST around the corner! I can hardly contain my anticipation for warm temperatures and the fumes of expended race fuel! Winters up here in Massachusetts seem to last longer and longer to me each and every year, the wait is truly awful.

My local raceway, Lee USA Speedway in Lee, NH, will be holding their season opening event on the 9th and 10th of April.....The Governors Cup 150 for the American Canadian Tour Late Models. A Short video I made about the event back in 2011 (One of the rare occasions when it was a relatively warm day). Enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyF0nIVdu9k Now mind you, I was far younger and far more inexperienced back then, so pardon the excessive jittery-ness of some of the footage.

I'll be at Thompson for the Icebreaker that weekend.
Old 18 Mar 2016, 00:40 (Ref:3623745)   #27
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Nah mofifieds on asphalt are not really my cup of tea.
How come? Seeing modifieds on asphalt is a 'bucket list' item for me. Pocono in particular, but anywhere really. Maybe it's because we don't have modifieds where I live, but it's always great on TV, IMO.

Quote:
That describes almost every short track near me. Depends on the night and who is 'visiting' in many cases. Admittedly, some tracks have more of a reputation than others.

Quote:
I'll be at Thompson for the Icebreaker that weekend.
You *******! Have fun!
Old 18 Mar 2016, 01:33 (Ref:3623759)   #28
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Thx for sharing!
Nick and Matt, I'd like to hear more about your experiences this year at your home tracks. Closest to me is Winder Barrow where there's a fight every weekend and a race breaks out. I may brave a visit this year. Its dirt but now that Lanier and Peach State (Grisham) are inactive, the closest asphalt oval is AMS, I think.

I'd still like to try and get Greenville Pickens for a K&N race but the March race will be a tall order. Just wish there was something closer.
Old 18 Mar 2016, 12:40 (Ref:3623857)   #29
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
You *******! Have fun!
Quote:
Thx for sharing!
Nick and Matt, I'd like to hear more about your experiences this year at your home tracks. Closest to me is Winder Barrow where there's a fight every weekend and a race breaks out. I may brave a visit this year. Its dirt but now that Lanier and Peach State (Grisham) are inactive, the closest asphalt oval is AMS, I think.

I'd still like to try and get Greenville Pickens for a K&N race but the March race will be a tall order. Just wish there was something closer.
A buddy of mine and myself do the Icebreaker and World Series at Thompson every year.

I really don't get out to any other short tracks during the year as most of my Saturday nights are taken up crewing for my buddies Late Model at the New London-Waterford Speedbowl in southeastern CT. Best track in the state for actual racing, 3/8 mile and two actual grooves so you can run side-by-side for laps. New owner is pumping a lotttttttttttt of money into the facility this year. Gone are the armco barriers in the corners, replaced with concrete. All new electrical system for the track lights, new scoreboard, an additional pit gate on the exit of 2, and brand new catch fencing all the way around(lets hope its black so you can see through it). Grandstands to be torn down and rebuilt between the '16 and '17 seasons.

Last edited by Matt; 18 Mar 2016 at 12:48.
Old 18 Mar 2016, 13:04 (Ref:3623864)   #30
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
A buddy of mine and myself do the Icebreaker and World Series at Thompson every year.

I really don't get out to any other short tracks during the year as most of my Saturday nights are taken up crewing for my buddies Late Model at the New London-Waterford Speedbowl in southeastern CT. Best track in the state for actual racing, 3/8 mile and two actual grooves so you can run side-by-side for laps. New owner is pumping a lotttttttttttt of money into the facility this year. Gone are the armco barriers in the corners, replaced with concrete. All new electrical system for the track lights, new scoreboard, an additional pit gate on the exit of 2, and brand new catch fencing all the way around(lets hope its black so you can see through it). Grandstands to be torn down and rebuilt between the '16 and '17 seasons.
The "Speedbowl"! Love the name.

Place looks neat with tons of history. I'll have to read up on this later,
http://speedbowlhistory.com/

Good stuff and glad to see money being pumped into a shorttrack!