Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11 Feb 2016, 17:53 (Ref:3614020)   #1
10TENTHS
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 592
10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2016 USF2000 / Pro Mazda

Schedule

March 12-13: St Petersburg
April 23-24: Barber
May 13-14: Indianapolis GP
May 27: Lucas Oil Raceway
June 25-26: Road America
July 10: Iowa (Pro Mazda only)
July 16-17: Toronto
July 30-31: Mid-Ohio (USF2000 triple-header)
Sept 10-11: Laguna Seca

USF2000 teams\drivers (confirmed as of 11 Feb)

Cape Motorsports: Nikita Lastochkin, Parker Thompson
Chastain Motorsports: Sam Chastain
John Cummiskey Racing: Ayla Agren, Lucas Kohl
Pabst Racing Services: Garth Rickards, Yufeng Luo, Jordan Lloyd
RJB Motorsports: Clint McMahan, Michai Stephens
Spencer Racing (national class): Eric Filguerias
Swan Racing: Max Mallinen
Team Pelfrey: Robert Megennis, Jordan Cane, T.J. Fischer, James Munro

Dakota Dickerson will be this year's Mazda scholarship winner, once he chooses a team.

Pro Mazda teams\drivers (confirmed as of 11 Feb)

Cape Motorsports: Nico Jamin, Jake Eidson
Juncos Racing: Nicolas Dapero, Garrett Grist, Will Owen, Jake Parsons
Team Pelfrey: Aaron Telitz

Last year's top 3 in USF2000 have all moved up, Nico Jamin being the scholarship recipient as champion. The reigning champion Santiago Urrutia has been confirmed in Indy Lights for 2016, benefiting from ~$600k in scholarship funding.

Off-season testing will continue until the weekend before St Pete (March 5-7).
10TENTHS is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Feb 2016, 14:10 (Ref:3614221)   #2
rwintle
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2013
Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
Posts: 698
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10TENTHS View Post
Schedule

March 12-13: St Petersburg
April 23-24: Barber
May 13-14: Indianapolis GP
May 27: Lucas Oil Raceway
June 25-26: Road America
July 10: Iowa (Pro Mazda only)
July 16-17: Toronto
July 30-31: Mid-Ohio (USF2000 triple-header)
Sept 10-11: Laguna Seca

USF2000 teams\drivers (confirmed as of 11 Feb)

Cape Motorsports: Nikita Lastochkin, Parker Thompson
Chastain Motorsports: Sam Chastain
John Cummiskey Racing: Ayla Agren, Lucas Kohl
Pabst Racing Services: Garth Rickards, Yufeng Luo, Jordan Lloyd
RJB Motorsports: Clint McMahan, Michai Stephens
Spencer Racing (national class): Eric Filguerias
Swan Racing: Max Mallinen
Team Pelfrey: Robert Megennis, Jordan Cane, T.J. Fischer, James Munro

Dakota Dickerson will be this year's Mazda scholarship winner, once he chooses a team.

Pro Mazda teams\drivers (confirmed as of 11 Feb)

Cape Motorsports: Nico Jamin, Jake Eidson
Juncos Racing: Nicolas Dapero, Garrett Grist, Will Owen, Jake Parsons
Team Pelfrey: Aaron Telitz

Last year's top 3 in USF2000 have all moved up, Nico Jamin being the scholarship recipient as champion. The reigning champion Santiago Urrutia has been confirmed in Indy Lights for 2016, benefiting from ~$600k in scholarship funding.

Off-season testing will continue until the weekend before St Pete (March 5-7).

Thanks for the update. I sure hope more teams/drivers appear for Pro Mazda. That's a pretty thin grid. USF2000 doesn't look bad, 17 drivers across 8 teams.
rwintle is offline  
Quote
Old 12 Feb 2016, 17:42 (Ref:3614266)   #3
10TENTHS
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 592
10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Thanks for the update. I sure hope more teams/drivers appear for Pro Mazda. That's a pretty thin grid. USF2000 doesn't look bad, 17 drivers across 8 teams.
I've only listed 100% confirmed car\driver combinations, so that doesn't include anyone who tested in the off-season without announcing a deal. There were 19 Pro Mazda entries at Laguna Seca last year, for reference.
10TENTHS is offline  
Quote
Old 15 Feb 2016, 19:36 (Ref:3614936)   #4
10TENTHS
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 592
10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Updated with new signings*:

USF2000 teams\drivers

Afterburner Autosport: TBA
ArmsUp Motorsports: TBA
Cape Motorsports: Nikita Lastochkin, Parker Thompson, Anthony Martin*
Chastain Motorsports: Sam Chastain
JAY Motorsports: TBA
JDC Motorsport: TBA
John Cummiskey Racing: Ayla Agren, Lucas Kohl
Pabst Racing Services: Garth Rickards, Yufeng Luo, Jordan Lloyd
RJB Motorsports: Clint McMahan, Michai Stephens
Spencer Racing (national class): Eric Filguerias
Swan Racing: Max Mallinen
Team Pelfrey: Robert Megennis, Jordan Cane, T.J. Fischer, James Munro

Pro Mazda teams\drivers

Cape Motorsports: Nico Jamin, Jake Eidson
JDC Motorsport: TBA
Juncos Racing: Nicolas Dapero, Garrett Grist, Will Owen, Jake Parsons
M1 Racing: Jay Horak*
Team Pelfrey: Aaron Telitz, Weiron Tan*
World Speed Motorsports: Bobby Eberle*
10TENTHS is offline  
Quote
Old 22 Feb 2016, 14:57 (Ref:3616755)   #5
rwintle
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2013
Canada
Maple (yes really), Canada
Posts: 698
rwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridrwintle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the update. Getting better...
rwintle is offline  
Quote
Old 23 Feb 2016, 17:59 (Ref:3617094)   #6
10TENTHS
Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 592
10TENTHS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
Thanks for the update. Getting better...
Felipe Ortiz (2nd in 2014 South American F4) confirmed at Afterburner Autosport in USF2000.

I'll wait until the March 5 test at Barber before I post another update.
10TENTHS is offline  
Quote
Old 28 May 2016, 04:20 (Ref:3644995)   #7
BudLightJaguar
Veteran
 
BudLightJaguar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Finland
Espoo
Posts: 638
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here's a couple of pics from Lucas Oil Raceway. What a lovely weather it was yesterday.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126204...57668188446460
BudLightJaguar is offline  
Quote
Old 28 May 2016, 07:38 (Ref:3645012)   #8
Rob29
Veteran
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Posts: 3,222
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Where is 'Lucas Oil Raceway'? Is this new sponsor name for old one mile oval? Also how many F2000 series are there=I seem to have become confused
Rob29 is offline  
__________________
Do it in the streets!
Quote
Old 28 May 2016, 09:55 (Ref:3645029)   #9
canamman
Veteran
 
canamman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
United States
Posts: 1,500
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
Here's a couple of pics from Lucas Oil Raceway. What a lovely weather it was yesterday.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/126204...57668188446460
Very cool . You have a good eye. Those Sprints are amazing.
The live stream was not working for me yesterday so I just
had live timing up.
canamman is offline  
__________________
CanAmMan
Quote
Old 29 May 2016, 00:06 (Ref:3645333)   #10
BudLightJaguar
Veteran
 
BudLightJaguar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Finland
Espoo
Posts: 638
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29 View Post
Where is 'Lucas Oil Raceway'? Is this new sponsor name for old one mile oval?
In Brownsburg, Indiana. I don't know any other name for it since I hadn't been there before.
BudLightJaguar is offline  
Quote
Old 30 May 2016, 17:12 (Ref:3645848)   #11
NaBUru38
Veteran
 
NaBUru38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Posts: 6,739
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It was originally called the Indianapolis Raceway Park.

2016 Pro Mazda stadings after IRP:

1. MEX Patricio O'Ward (Pelfrey), 221
2. USA Aaron Telitz (Pelfrey), 166
3. CAN Garett Grist (Juncos), 133
4. USA Will Owen (Juncos), 125
5. FRA Nico Jamin (Cape WTR), 120
6. AUS Jake Parsons (Juncos), 109

USF2000 standings after IRP:

1. CAN Parker Thompson (Cape WTR), 178
2. AUS Anthony Martin (Cape WTR), 152
3. AUS Jordan Lloyd (Pabst), 133
4. BRA Victor Franzoni (ArmsUp), 130
5. CHN Yufeng Luo (Pabst), 122
6. AUS Luke Gabin (Jay), 113
NaBUru38 is offline  
__________________
"Show me a driver who didnít make a handful of errors this year, and Iíll show you someone who wasnít trying hard enough." - David Malsher
Quote
Old 16 Jun 2016, 22:31 (Ref:3650783)   #12
Rob Howden
Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Canada
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 23
Rob Howden should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudLightJaguar View Post
In Brownsburg, Indiana. I don't know any other name for it since I hadn't been there before.
Track has been called Indianapolis Raceway Park (IRP) and O'Reilly Raceway Park (sponsorship by US auto parts store). Now branded by Lucas Oil.

Lucas Oil Raceway.
Rob Howden is offline  
__________________
Respectfully,
Rob Howden - Mazda Road to Indy Announcer
Quote
Old 19 Jun 2016, 19:16 (Ref:3653575)   #13
BudLightJaguar
Veteran
 
BudLightJaguar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Finland
Espoo
Posts: 638
BudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBudLightJaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Howden View Post
Track has been called Indianapolis Raceway Park (IRP) and O'Reilly Raceway Park (sponsorship by US auto parts store). Now branded by Lucas Oil.

Lucas Oil Raceway.
That explains a lot. Before the event I was buying beer at the local CVS. The customer before me (who was also buying beer) joked something like "I won't get dehydrated at the Raceway Park". I thought he meant the IMS...
BudLightJaguar is offline  
Quote
Old 14 Jul 2016, 15:49 (Ref:3658835)   #14
NaBUru38
Veteran
 
NaBUru38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Posts: 6,739
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Pro Mazda has 9 entries for Toronto, including the top 6 in the standings: O'Ward, Telitz, Owen, Jamin, Dapero and Parsons.
NaBUru38 is offline  
__________________
"Show me a driver who didnít make a handful of errors this year, and Iíll show you someone who wasnít trying hard enough." - David Malsher
Quote
Old 14 Jul 2016, 15:52 (Ref:3658836)   #15
NaBUru38
Veteran
 
NaBUru38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Posts: 6,739
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
USF2000 has 23 entries for Toronto, including the top 12 in the standings: Martin, Thompson, Franzoni, Lloyd, Gabin, Luo, Megennis, Agren, Lastochkin, Rickards, Dickerson, Cane, Kohl.
NaBUru38 is offline  
__________________
"Show me a driver who didnít make a handful of errors this year, and Iíll show you someone who wasnít trying hard enough." - David Malsher
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Pro Mazda / USF2000 NaBUru38 Indycar Series 41 12 Aug 2015 18:10
2014 Pro Mazda and USF2000 NaBUru38 Indycar Series 30 25 Aug 2014 03:56
2013 Road to Indy (Indy Lights, Pro Mazda, USF2000) NaBUru38 Indycar Series 64 23 Dec 2013 16:04
2012 Road to Indy - Indy Lights, Star Mazda, USF2000 NaBUru38 Indycar Series 104 17 Sep 2012 10:54


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 18:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2016 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.