Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Oct 2016, 17:17 (Ref:3679795)   #16
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
News on Nissan DPi. ( about a week old)

http://www.racer.com/imsa/weathertec...an-dpi-project
Old 13 Oct 2016, 17:35 (Ref:3679801)   #17
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
DPI, GTLM, and GTD grids all look good. Can we just get rid of LMPC for Daytona to make more room!
Old 13 Oct 2016, 17:36 (Ref:3679803)   #18
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!
I'll be camping again.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 17:44 (Ref:3679804)   #19
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
DPI, GTLM, and GTD grids all look good. Can we just get rid of LMPC for Daytona to make more room!
No.

L.P.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 18:12 (Ref:3679809)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
I'll be camping again.
Spend the coin on PLM, instead

I've thought hitting this one, but I'll be at some airfield in FLA around St Patrick's day, instead.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 19:02 (Ref:3679818)   #21
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!Maelochs is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Spend the coin on PLM, instead

I've thought hitting this one, but I'll be at some airfield in FLA around St Patrick's day, instead.
Well .... Theoretically with the long night session there is more time to both drink and watch racing at Daytona ... but the fans at Sebring outdo themselves each year.

Daytona is for cooking a big dinenr, being cold, getting up early to watch sunrise, eating a huge breakfast, and packing up before watching the end of the race.

Sebring is for barely being able to find your way to the podium ceremony, and waking up Sunday afternoon not remembering where you are.

Different experiences.

Oh, except there is a race at both.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 19:17 (Ref:3679821)   #22
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Both certainly have their appeals. I do really like Daytona but I now have to chose between the 2 once every 4 years, unfortunately and it's Sebring every time.

I certainly wake up Sunday at an old airfield wondering WTF happened every time!
Old 13 Oct 2016, 19:50 (Ref:3679827)   #23
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Both certainly have their appeals. I do really like Daytona but I now have to chose between the 2 once every 4 years, unfortunately and it's Sebring every time.
Daytona is habit forming. Once it gets you, its hard to shake off.
By then , the offseason withdrawls are so bad , the excitement
of new gear and teams is what the Dr. orders.

The 6 weeks between Daytona and Sebring is tough enough.

Cant wait to see how Core does in GTD.
http://coreautosport.com/core-moves-...rsche-in-2017/

As far as PC, they have had some really nice class battles over the years
when they haven't been in a spin cycle.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 20:05 (Ref:3679828)   #24
Matt
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!Matt has a real shot at the championship!
Pffftttt, Daytona isn't cold!

It gets down to like 40. Where I'm from it's usually like 10 that time of year.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 20:26 (Ref:3679830)   #25
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Yankees.....

Old 13 Oct 2016, 20:56 (Ref:3679833)   #26
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I appears Rebellion is trying to have their cars ready to go for the 2017 Rolex as well

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/r...-lmp2-program/
Old 13 Oct 2016, 21:03 (Ref:3679835)   #27
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
Daytona is habit forming. Once it gets you, its hard to shake off.
By then , the offseason withdrawls are so bad , the excitement
of new gear and teams is what the Dr. orders.

The 6 weeks between Daytona and Sebring is tough enough.

Cant wait to see how Core does in GTD.
http://coreautosport.com/core-moves-...rsche-in-2017/

As far as PC, they have had some really nice class battles over the years
when they haven't been in a spin cycle.
I know going to the Daytona 24 is a great especially with the new stands now. In 2016 I spent 80% of the time that I was at the track sitting in front of NASCAR turn 1 rather than the infield.

Went to the race in 2014, the roar in 2015, and race in 2016. Won't be able to go in 2017 at all for personal reasons though.
Old 13 Oct 2016, 23:17 (Ref:3679863)   #28
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I know going to the Daytona 24 is a great especially with the new stands now. In 2016 I spent 80% of the time that I was at the track sitting in front of NASCAR turn 1 rather than the infield.
Good to hear. That's my plan for 2017. I have done so many years
in the infield ,I am ready for a change. The event I will do the infield is in
Nov. of 2017 when the Classic 24 Hr comes back. The infield is about 50%
filled so there is plenty of elbow room and easier to navigate.
Old 14 Oct 2016, 02:10 (Ref:3679890)   #29
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJHamilton will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would like to see the improvements at Daytona, but I chose Sebring every year. The longer drive is worth it to me. Plus, I like to take photos and Sebring is very camera friendly. Although the background is always straight garbage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Mazda View Post
I appears Rebellion is trying to have their cars ready to go for the 2017 Rolex as well

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/r...-lmp2-program/
You think? I'm still not sure which way they're going to go.
Old 14 Oct 2016, 02:19 (Ref:3679893)   #30
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCoach Ep should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sounds like a WEC campaign + Daytona (and perhaps more NAEC races?).

Is the WEC test prologue mandatory for full season entrants?