Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Notices


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 20 Oct 2016, 21:20 (Ref:3681655)   #1
peckstar
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Cayman Islands
Posts: 14,386
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
SuperUtes

SuperUtes to launch in 2017

New series to launch in 2017 utilising production based turbo-diesel dual cab utes currently available for sale in the Australian marke
peckstar is offline  
__________________
Scott and Chaz 1-2 in 2017

well that's my hope
Quote
Old 20 Oct 2016, 21:33 (Ref:3681658)   #2
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club
 
GTRMagic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Australia
Sell me this pen....
Posts: 41,662
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
Wonder what happened to the control chassis idea floated for this class?

Here's hoping a July start doesnt put the prep houses out of business, with no work (and therefore no income!) for over half a year
GTRMagic is offline  
__________________
Lawrence Garfield (Other People's Money): "I love money. I love money more than the things it can buy. There's only one thing I love more than money. You know what that is? OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY."
C.D. Bales (Roxanne): "Are we having fun yet?"
Quote
Old 20 Oct 2016, 21:40 (Ref:3681660)   #3
peckstar
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Cayman Islands
Posts: 14,386
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Wonder what happened to the control chassis idea floated for this class?

Here's hoping a July start doesnt put the prep houses out of business, with no work (and therefore no income!) for over half a year
Control chassis was the previous promoters idea and at the time was part of the reasoning for the series going under
peckstar is offline  
__________________
Scott and Chaz 1-2 in 2017

well that's my hope
Quote
Old 20 Oct 2016, 23:04 (Ref:3681675)   #4
Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran
 
Tourer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Australia
Sideways
Posts: 2,214
Tourer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTourer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Wonder what happened to the control chassis idea floated for this class?

Here's hoping a July start doesnt put the prep houses out of business, with no work (and therefore no income!) for over half a year
Remember that the work doesn't start the day of the first race meeting though. I'd suggest they'll be flat out getting the things built, developed, tested and race ready for mid way through next year, that's assuming the tech regs are locked down in every way at this stage, which they may not be yet.
Tourer is offline  
__________________
“We’re far from having too much horsepower…[m]y definition of too much horsepower is when all four wheels are spinning in every gear.” ― Mark Donohue
Quote
Old 20 Oct 2016, 23:30 (Ref:3681680)   #5
chavez
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Australia
The Basin, Victoria
Posts: 1,671
chavez should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course the last time a series was mooted for similar style of vehicle it barely got off the ground.

However the tradies Utes appear far more popular when it was last attempted.
chavez is offline  
__________________
Real race cars don't have doors.
Quote
Old 21 Oct 2016, 03:20 (Ref:3681708)   #6
peckstar
Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2004
Cayman Islands
Posts: 14,386
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
MOTORSPORT: SuperUtes for 2017

Personally im a little unsure if these facts are true, or maybe left over from the previous ideas

The technical specification for the pick-ups will include a control rollcage, cosmetic aero additions, a control Motec ECU and the possibility of a control transmission and rear axle assembly.

The performance kit will include an exhaust, front and rear shock absorbers and springs, six-piston front and four-piston rear brake callipers and front and rear discs, a pedal box and master-cylinder with brake-bias adjustment, control tyres and control wheels.
peckstar is offline  
__________________
Scott and Chaz 1-2 in 2017

well that's my hope
Quote
Old 21 Oct 2016, 03:25 (Ref:3681709)   #7
bludvl_x19
Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Australia
umop apisdn
Posts: 1,358
bludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbludvl_x19 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Wonder what happened to the control chassis idea floated for this class?
I think the licencing fee that Supercars wanted per chassis for their IP put the kybosh on that particular idea.
bludvl_x19 is online now  
__________________
If you lose one sense, your other senses are enhanced.

That's why people with no sense of humour have an increased sense of self-importance.
Quote
Old 21 Oct 2016, 05:21 (Ref:3681717)   #8
racer69
Veteran
 
racer69's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Australia
Sydney, Australia
Posts: 9,940
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do we really need it?

The Utes as they are now have justabout come to a natural conclusion, why not funnel the drivers, funding, effort etc... into bolstering classes we already have instead of starting up another new one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez
Of course the last time a series was mooted for similar style of vehicle it barely got off the ground.
Exactly, i think it only lasted the one season, it had some Nissan backing as well.
racer69 is offline  
__________________
"The Great Race"
22 November 1960 - 21 July 1999
Quote
Old 21 Oct 2016, 05:22 (Ref:3681718)   #9
Umai Naa
Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4,436
Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many variations are the usual low-slung 2WD these days?

Amarok isn't. Triton isn't. I don't think the Navara, Ranger, Colorado/D-Max, or BT50 are either.
Umai Naa is online now  
Quote
Old 21 Oct 2016, 06:40 (Ref:3681724)   #10
porsche91722
Veteran
 
porsche91722's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Australia
S.E.Qld
Posts: 931
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Had to check the calendar! Nope, it ain't April 1.
Really?....Are this mob fair dinkum?
The existing ute class of racing had some small measure of entertainment value going for it, if you were into that sort of thing, but deadset.......watching a bunch of dual cab Triton's, Navara's, Hilux's, Amorok's, Ranger's, Colorado's etc racing against each other, is bordering on pathetic. What's next? Bus racing?? I'm sure they could do a deal with MAN, Scania, Volvo, Mercedes etc
Oh wait.....this is the same crowd who bring you stadium super trucks, so maybe I shouldn't be surprised.
porsche91722 is offline  
__________________
Go the mighty Flying Lizards
"A good way to gauge the strength of your argument is to weight the quality of the rebuttals. Strong arguments have low quality rebuttals." David Heinemeier Hansson
Quote
Old 21 Oct 2016, 07:40 (Ref:3681730)   #11
Driver TBA
Veteran
 
Driver TBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,037
Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Boring!

Just because something is popular in the market place, doesn't mean it be popular with spectators.

2 ton 4WD's (4wd height /look) powered by 4cyl turbo diesels racing around has zero appeal to me. And I owned a twincab 4wd diesel for 12 years.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Driver TBA is offline  
__________________
What If the Hokey Pokey Really IS What It's All About???????????
Quote
Old 21 Oct 2016, 11:50 (Ref:3681757)   #12
sizzle
Veteran
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Australia
Darwin
Posts: 3,133
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No disrespect to the kiwis but if the Ssangyong series is anything to go by it will be a good time to go to the bar.
sizzle is offline  
Quote
Old 21 Oct 2016, 13:03 (Ref:3681765)   #13
snappa
Racer
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location:
kalgoorlie WA
Posts: 129
snappa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvl_x19 View Post
I think the licencing fee that Supercars wanted per chassis for their IP put the kybosh on that particular idea.
Word on the street last year was that a couple of the board members were the reason that the Utes idea failed to materialise. Every time the Utes team put forward a proposal supposedly the same two veto'd them and sent them packing. Word was they used the excuse that their IP was being infringed.
snappa is offline  
Quote
Old 22 Oct 2016, 06:55 (Ref:3681853)   #14
Wazzi
Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Australia
Bilpin NSW
Posts: 57
Wazzi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Saw these things race overseas, What a joke, slow , boring, lots of black smoke, nothing exicting in the racing at all. Wouldn't bother watching them.
And I love the current utes series
Wazzi is offline  
Quote
Old 22 Oct 2016, 11:56 (Ref:3681898)   #15
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran
 
FIRE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Netherlands
Posts: 15,961
FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!FIRE has a real shot at the podium!
When I saw this on Twitter I thought it was an early April 1 joke...
FIRE is offline  
Quote
Reply

Bookmarks




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT. The time now is 00:16.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Original Website Copyright © 1998-2003 Craig Antil. All Rights Reserved.
Ten-Tenths Motorsport Forums Copyright © 2004-2016 Royalridge Computing. All Rights Reserved.