Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Notices

Old Yesterday, 06:53 (Ref:3747195)   #1
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!
The be nice to Bauble, today's his Birthday thread!

I was hoping to call this The International be nice to Bauble thread because today is his 80th Birthday thread - One Day Only! but I don't think there's room.
Anyway Bob Old Chap, I for one am prepared to suspend hostilities for 24 hours* to wish you a Jolly and Happy Birthday, and many of them.
As the stalwart of this forum, and thought-provoker extraordinaire that you are, I thought the occasion should be suitably marked...
*Normal service will be resumed of course tomorrow!
Old Yesterday, 08:21 (Ref:3747211)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
As mentioned on the other side, Happy birthday Bob, have a good day
Old Yesterday, 08:48 (Ref:3747221)   #3
Gerard C
Subscriber
Racer

France
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems that a great sens of humor can keep you fresh and sharp.
Mon ami Robert, portez vous bien et longtemps!
Thanks for posting but please consider trading your Vauxhall/ Peugeot thingy against a Volvo diesel !!! Probably one and more than one posting here can provide some plastic hubs! And half a potato too…
Old Yesterday, 11:57 (Ref:3747266)   #4
Gerard C
Subscriber
Racer

France
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From my kikipedia and to stick to the thread keeping it historic racing related, June of your year of birth gives:
Bernd Rosemeyer wins the Donington GP pedaling an Auto Union. An ERA wins the SA grand prix, Pat Fairfield at wheel.
The 24 hours of Le Mans offers first place to the Jean Pierre Wimille and Robert Benoit's Bugatti (in front of 2 Delahaye and 1 Delage), first GB crew finishing 5 th - Skeffington/ Murton-Neale, Aston Martin Ulster. Best lap time, Bugatti tank 5'13" (Wimille at wheel) .
Only two "inventions" recorded: the ski lift and You !
Oh, and hum, Vauxhall launches the famous 10-4 fitted with chrome hub covers as standard, one of the first monocoque of its era
Old Yesterday, 13:54 (Ref:3747304)   #5
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hope you have a brilliant day "Bouble Bob". Many thanks for all you do re BBQ at the Classic. Its Mr and Mrs Delta 30 Th wedding anniversary today as well so I will toast your good health tonight.
Old Yesterday, 14:34 (Ref:3747314)   #6
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMike Harte should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Many happies to you Bob - what is it like to be so ancient? - and well persevered to you Iain and Mrs Delta.
Old Yesterday, 14:40 (Ref:3747317)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well you are all being nice to me, but over on the F1 bit I am getting a lot of stick, just goes to show who your friends are.
Old Yesterday, 14:40 (Ref:3747318)   #8
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!VIVA GT has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Many happies to you Bob - what is it like to be so ancient? - and well persevered to you Iain and Mrs Delta.
Sorry Mike, I had to read your post twice. It must have been because you mentioned Baub, but I thought you'd said well preserved to you Ian and Mrs Delta!
Old Yesterday, 14:58 (Ref:3747326)   #9
richrad smith
Racer

Scotland
30 minutes from knockhill by road
richrad smith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
joyeux anniversaire mon amie
Old Yesterday, 15:27 (Ref:3747334)   #10
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Sorry Mike, I had to read your post twice. It must have been because you mentioned Baub, but I thought you'd said well preserved to you Ian and Mrs Delta!
Go back to the start and read the title of this thread.
Old Yesterday, 16:00 (Ref:3747352)   #11
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Go back to the start and read the title of this thread.
Sorry Baub, I started the day off with the best of intentions but as the day's progressed my resolve weakened... Happy Baubday Birth.
Old Yesterday, 17:40 (Ref:3747370)   #12
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Happy Birthday mate!

Oh and Lewis has asked me to send you the very best too. I said you'd be overjoyed....
Old Yesterday, 18:25 (Ref:3747389)   #13
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Happy Birthday mate!

Oh and Lewis has asked me to send you the very best too. I said you'd be overjoyed....
Don't you 'Mate' me, get back to the F1 Forum ........
Old Yesterday, 18:28 (Ref:3747391)   #14
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Don't you 'Mate' me, get back to the F1 Forum ........
I only go there to rib you....... (and that's only when they open the Le Mans 'cage' and let me out for my weekly exercise......).
Old Yesterday, 19:47 (Ref:3747416)   #15
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Happy Birthday Old Bean...