Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 1 Oct 2007, 05:15 (Ref:2027530)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fujitsu Series @ Bathurst 2007

Entry List Here

Who will win the round??

Mr Caruso will flog them.... perhaps....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 1 Oct 2007, 05:17 (Ref:2027532)   #2
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It'll be Andrew Thompson, he dominated in '06, he'll flog them again...

Oh, wait...

"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 1 Oct 2007, 05:56 (Ref:2027551)   #3
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If Mr Kelly stays on the entry list it will be interesting to see what speed he can generate....

Interesting addition to the field is #30, Mr Ryan Brown, running in the ex-DJR Falcon of Mr McGill in the ANT Racing franchise licence slot.... a noted peddler of an Rx7 in Improved Production.... lets hope the McGill machine can be as pacy as his regular mount... and run for more than 5 laps at a time
Old 1 Oct 2007, 06:04 (Ref:2027554)   #4
888_Fan
Racer

888_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If what I hear is true, this is an outdated list...expect it to inundated with changes before P1....
Old 1 Oct 2007, 06:07 (Ref:2027556)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
It isnt the official one, its the one on the official site... a large difference it seems... with probably 4 too many cars on it...
Old 1 Oct 2007, 06:10 (Ref:2027557)   #6
888_Fan
Racer

...so where do they get this list from as opposed to the official entry list???
Old 1 Oct 2007, 06:12 (Ref:2027558)   #7
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
This is a list of all the L3 franchise licence slot owners who have nominated cars for the event, with the driver nominated against them.

The first practice for the Fujitsu cars is 9.10 Thursday morning... presumably the documentation review is sometime Wednesday, meaning changes can, and will, be made up until that point.....
Old 1 Oct 2007, 06:17 (Ref:2027562)   #8
888_Fan
Racer

Thanks GTR.

Just curious, when you say the driver nominated against the L3 franchises, do you mean the driver who was nominated at the start of the year in that car or the driver which was actually entered for the race meeting?
Old 1 Oct 2007, 06:24 (Ref:2027564)   #9
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Entered for the race meeting.....

There are no TBA's on the list this time... maybe TEGA is clamping down on non existent entries (finally!)
Old 1 Oct 2007, 06:30 (Ref:2027567)   #10
888_Fan
Racer

34 entered for the biggest race meeting of the Fujitsu year, with (as you say GTR) 4 could be dropped. Not exactly in keeping with previous race meetings of well over 40 cars, pre-qualifying etc etc.

Having said that, I've heard of a few that should be on that list, but unconfirmed...
Old 1 Oct 2007, 06:31 (Ref:2027568)   #11
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this also the last outing for the AU at Bathurst?
Old 1 Oct 2007, 06:41 (Ref:2027571)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend
Is this also the last outing for the AU at Bathurst?

From the 2007 Operations Manual... allegedly....

Doesnt look like it....
Old 1 Oct 2007, 06:45 (Ref:2027573)   #13
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888_Fan
34 entered for the biggest race meeting of the Fujitsu year, with (as you say GTR) 4 could be dropped. Not exactly in keeping with previous race meetings of well over 40 cars, pre-qualifying etc etc.

Having said that, I've heard of a few that should be on that list, but unconfirmed...
There are almost always late entries... or where they missed the cutoff anyway... I know of a couple that havent shown because cars are damaged/in the process of being sold/been sold and awaiting the new owner to enter them.... but they arent on the list yet

I thought Mr Spychala was going to run?
Old 1 Oct 2007, 07:00 (Ref:2027578)   #14
James63
Veteran

Australia
Q
James63 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to be a little off topic, but who in their right mind is going to choose a BF over a BA in the 2009 series??
Old 1 Oct 2007, 08:10 (Ref:2027617)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by James63
Sorry to be a little off topic, but who in their right mind is going to choose a BF over a BA in the 2009 series??
Perhaps TEGA will tighten the rule allowing BF's to be converted to BA's....
Old 1 Oct 2007, 12:09 (Ref:2027823)   #16
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if all stay on the list, for me it's Caruso, D'Alberto and O.Kelly, in any order as the one's to beat.
Old 1 Oct 2007, 19:06 (Ref:2028202)   #17
V8's rule
Racer

V8's rule should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
if all stay on the list, for me it's Caruso, D'Alberto and O.Kelly, in any order as the one's to beat.

Pro Racer.......Bit tough on 3rd placeman in the Championship, Scott are you not?.......Just because lady luck has not exactly done him any favours this season.......He is 3rd in the champion, because he can drive!........He is also driving the pole car from last year.......and has the benefit of that set up information plus Marks speed trace from last year.......And a different clutch to boot!

D'Alberto may be leading the championship and should win it.......But IMO he is is certainly not a better driver than Scott.......Even if he has been doing the DVS for twice as long........Caruso is also no world beater, and with out direct factory assistance, would not be running were he is.

Owen Kelly is probably the star of the bunch but you also need a good car at Bathurst.......And I am far from convinced he has the equal of the other 3.

Last edited by V8's rule; 1 Oct 2007 at 19:09.
Old 2 Oct 2007, 00:49 (Ref:2028456)   #18
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well no surprises here peoples--- GO JOSE!!!

seriously thou, 7 drivers have a realistic chance of winning the championship so you can't rule out Caruso, D'Alberto, perhaps maybe Fernandez (yep im optimistic ) and Youlden plus Thompson..

v8's rule, I havent mentioned Kayne Scott either purely because I dont like him, never have never will.. to me he's a SORF.
Old 2 Oct 2007, 01:42 (Ref:2028474)   #19
888_Fan
Racer

Jose? You're joking right. Has he even won a race this year...or ever?

I've got my money on Caruso.
Old 2 Oct 2007, 01:59 (Ref:2028482)   #20
Prickly_Goo
Veteran

Australia
somewhere you arent...
Prickly_Goo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888_Fan
Jose? You're joking right. Has he even won a race this year...or ever?
Nope im not joking 888 Fan.. Russell Ingall won the championship without winning any races during the year right?

The day people start realising that Jose has just as much chance as anyone else is the day I will stop carrying on. Its just the same as you going to Lowndesy's defence, everytime someone bags him out..

Untill then keep ya trap shut!!

Thanks.
Old 2 Oct 2007, 02:55 (Ref:2028503)   #21
888_Fan
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fernandez_Angel
Nope im not joking 888 Fan.. Russell Ingall won the championship without winning any races during the year right?

The day people start realising that Jose has just as much chance as anyone else is the day I will stop carrying on. Its just the same as you going to Lowndesy's defence, everytime someone bags him out..

Untill then keep ya trap shut!!

Thanks.
I seem to remember Russell winning a race and a round in his title year, along with multiple race and round podiums....

I think he's had his chances to impress. Isn't the car he's in the same one that dominated the last two rounds in 2006 in the hands of Mr. Thompson...
Old 2 Oct 2007, 03:40 (Ref:2028516)   #22
Used Car
Racer

Alderney
In the big house without my wife & kids
Used Car should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by V8's rule
Pro Racer.......Bit tough on 3rd placeman in the Championship, Scott are you not?.......Just because lady luck has not exactly done him any favours this season.......He is 3rd in the champion, because he can drive!........He is also driving the pole car from last year.......and has the benefit of that set up information plus Marks speed trace from last year.......And a different clutch to boot!

D'Alberto may be leading the championship and should win it.......But IMO he is is certainly not a better driver than Scott.......Even if he has been doing the DVS for twice as long........Caruso is also no world beater, and with out direct factory assistance, would not be running were he is.

Owen Kelly is probably the star of the bunch but you also need a good car at Bathurst.......And I am far from convinced he has the equal of the other 3.

Crikey mate... you are pulling the other one to write all that while keeping a straight face.

That Scott bloke can qualify all right but when it comes to racing, he gets passed like a dodgy curry...

If they have betting allowed on these cars, Jono Webb is the man to beat. Best car & prep in the feild by a mile. Only questionmark is Jono..

To all whose lives I have touched in my short time here, may your eggs turn into chickens and kick your house down.
Old 2 Oct 2007, 07:15 (Ref:2028581)   #23
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I reckon this is one of the most wide open races for years, no real standout, but for my mind, at least half a dozen or so real chances.
Old 2 Oct 2007, 10:16 (Ref:2028748)   #24
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
atleast it is more than main game.
Old 2 Oct 2007, 11:45 (Ref:2028826)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Looks like Mr Kelly isnt starting in the development series races Here with the car's owner, Mr Neville, stepping into it.

Also interesting is Mr Wyhoon has his AU back