Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 6 Jun 2007, 06:17 (Ref:1929913)   #1
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
The Best National Series?

Moderators: please feel free to delete this topic if appropriate. Not that you wouldn't if you thought it necessary, of course...I just meant I apologise if this is repetitive.

I am still learning the labyrinth of NASCAR series, but, with regards this thread, I mean the CTS, Busch, and Nextel series. I thus apologise if my use of the term "national" is inappropriate.

Which do you prefer? (I am sure this will be a very tired topic, and quite possibly recently). I just ask because I personally prefer the CTS.

The vehicles kick out more, and there is more bump-and-take as it were. Whilst a fair chunk of this will be down to a lower standard of talent, one must remember there are regularly a lot of "non-CTS" drivers who take part. So the natural vehicle tendencies must play a part to a point.

The yellow-flag debate is NAm wide from my perspective, so I do not hold this as relevant with regards this comparitive discussion.

Otherwise, I regret that the CTS races are so short. But, then, this judgement is possibly unreasonable. I have an inherent desire for longer races. I find them inherently frustrating if below 4 hours (as in 4 hours of green racing can leave me essentially satisifed, although longer would be better). Having said that, in the NAm sense, I would rather go with a total-green-lap limit rather than a time limit. It should just so happen that the green-lap total should total 4 hours (ideally).
Old 6 Jun 2007, 13:35 (Ref:1930277)   #2
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's a tie.

All three have their ups and downs. NASCAR is where the big boys play. Busch is where the up and comers race, and CTS is just a hootenanny of a darn good time all around.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 14:41 (Ref:1930340)   #3
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cup is best IMO, I haven't seen many Truck races, but I prefer them over the Busch series.

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 6 Jun 2007, 19:23 (Ref:1930566)   #4
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazza
It's a tie.

All three have their ups and downs. NASCAR is where the big boys play. Busch is where the up and comers race, and CTS is just a hootenanny of a darn good time all around.
We wish. Cup is okay except when they drive the COT, then it turns into a truck race. Busch has too many Cup drivers, and the truck series is set up for the retirees.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 22:26 (Ref:1930720)   #5
ThePenguin
Veteran

United States
United States
ThePenguin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The cup is probably my favorite series. The Busch series has become a way for cup drivers to make more money and most of the time to get more practice at the track that they will probably be racing on the next day. Though sometimes, like this weekend the Busch series is at a different place so we will see fewer cup drivers. I have only been able to see a few cts races, but the ones that I have seen have been good. The cts isn't just a place for those too old for the other two anymore as some younger drivers go strait form cts to the cup.
Old 7 Jun 2007, 03:53 (Ref:1930867)   #6
Jacko44
Racer

Australia
Gelorup WA
Jacko44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd have to say the Cup series is my favourite, but Marcos Ambrose being in the Busch Series is making it much more interesting to watch. The truck series isn't bad but would be better if there were more cars (36 just ain't enough for me)! So the order would be Nextel Cup, Busch series, CTS.
Old 7 Jun 2007, 13:23 (Ref:1931224)   #7
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Without question IMO, the Cup Series.
Old 8 Jun 2007, 06:00 (Ref:1931923)   #8
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
NEXTEL Cup might be number 1, but the Craftsman Truck Series is way ahead of the Busch Series.
Old 8 Jun 2007, 07:19 (Ref:1931958)   #9
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
The order for me is CTS, Nextel, Busch.

The overall driver standard is clearly higher in Nextel than CTS, but I just prefer the racing CTS provides. Part of it is driving manners/styles, but probably a bigger part is vehicle behaviour. The extra yellows that said racing can produce can be irritating, but I am gradually managed to get adjusted to it.

I think the Busch series would do itself a great favour if a severe restriction was placed on the number of Nextel drivers who could take part in any given race. Perhaps 4? Also limit the number of events that any given Nextel driver could compete in in Busch over the year as a whole. Perhaps in the region of 5? This latter restriction should only apply to drivers who compete in an entire season of Nextel (or above 90%, or the like). I would also think Nextel rookies should be excempt from the latter limit. There may well already be some sort of restriction in place? You will have to tell me, as I have no idea (though clearly if there is, it is woefully inadequate). I just think it is a major problem that must be addressed.

Last edited by Dutton; 8 Jun 2007 at 07:24.