Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Aug 2016, 12:45 (Ref:3663035)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
2017 Blancpain GT Series

2017 Blancpain GT Series calendar:

April 2: Misano (Sprint)
April 24: Monza (Endurance)
May 7: Brands Hatch (Sprint)
May 14: Silverstone (Endurance)
TBA: Zandvoort (Sprint)
June 2: Paul Ricard 1000km (Endurance)
July 29-30: Spa 24 Hours (Endurance)
Aug: Red Bull Ring or Hungaroring (Sprint)
Sept 17: Nürburgring (Sprint)
Oct 1: Barcelona (Endurance)

A Zandvoort Sprint is added.
The Nürburgring Endurance race is dropped.
Barcelona becomes an Endurance.
Old 2 Aug 2016, 15:08 (Ref:3663061)   #2
Miguel
Veteran

Netherlands
GLD
Miguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMiguel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm happy that Zandvoort is back here it belongs but the Ring Sprint and Barcelona Endurance? Come on!
Old 2 Aug 2016, 20:03 (Ref:3663114)   #3
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miguel View Post
I'm happy that Zandvoort is back here it belongs but the Ring Sprint and Barcelona Endurance? Come on!

I'm with you on the Barcelona bit. I do however quite like the short version of the Nurburgring circuit for the Sprint.

I guess the main reason they want to do only sprint at Nurburgring is to not be doing an endurance race at the home of the N24

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 2 Aug 2016, 20:13 (Ref:3663116)   #4
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
I'm with you on the Barcelona bit. I do however quite like the short version of the Nurburgring circuit for the Sprint.

I guess the main reason they want to do only sprint at Nurburgring is to not be doing an endurance race at the home of the N24
Naw, Nürburg GP just lacks any sort of the glamour that Ratel likes to surround his series with. It's cold, damp and in a remote area of the country far from any non-racing (and I guess non-hiking) attractions and crowds haven't been great either on the September date, so it really doesn't make for a very good end of the season. Barcelona on the other hand offers sun, beaches, vibrant city life, etc...
Old 3 Aug 2016, 08:12 (Ref:3663192)   #5
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Naw, Nürburg GP just lacks any sort of the glamour that Ratel likes to surround his series with. It's cold, damp and in a remote area of the country far from any non-racing (and I guess non-hiking) attractions and crowds haven't been great either on the September date, so it really doesn't make for a very good end of the season. Barcelona on the other hand offers sun, beaches, vibrant city life, etc...

Very good point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 3 Aug 2016, 16:21 (Ref:3663262)   #6
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nürburgring GP and Sprint are brilliant circuits. But aside from the 1996 Spanish GP, I'm yet to see a decent race at Barcelona.