Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 6 Mar 2017, 16:37 (Ref:3716876)   #26
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
I'd be interested in meeting anyone from here. Friday night might be a good time, right after the races end.

On Thursday after night practice, they'll be showing Le Mans (the movie) on the big screen by the midway. They also show the race broadcast on the big screen and it's a good way to check up on how things are going Saturday night when all you can see is one turn and headlights.

And speaking of the midway and following the race, when I went to testing I noticed they were installing speakers on the light posts along the midway so it looks like they will finally have some sort of P.A. system in place other than just behind the pits.
I'd agree that Friday after track activities would probably be a good time to meet up. Should we meet at a campsite somewhere, or a public area somewhere? I think meeting at the manufacturers exhibit area and then going for a paddock walk and checking in on the activities of the mechanics would be a good time, what do you all think?

And just so that no one is too surprised. Away from the racetrack I am a fine, upstanding, responsible member of society. However, (and this is especially true at Sebring, and there are folks in this thread who can attest to it) I have been known to let my hair down when camping at the race track. Please do not be overly offended if I slur my words or stumble a bit.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 18:47 (Ref:3716902)   #27
btracing82
Rookie

btracing82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey guys been to VIR the past 4 years and made it down to PLM in October and this will be my first trip down to sebring. We have the infield parking pass and im just wondering where is the good spot to set up shop with the chairs before the walking and is there any screens around the track?
Old 6 Mar 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3716903)   #28
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post

And just so that no one is too surprised. Away from the racetrack I am a fine, upstanding, responsible member of society. However, (and this is especially true at Sebring, and there are folks in this thread who can attest to it) I have been known to let my hair down when camping at the race track. Please do not be overly offended if I slur my words or stumble a bit.
I can attest to this being a true statement!
We still had a good time hangin.
Not too often you run into someone that has a map of Le Sarthe tattooed on the side of their rib cage
Old 6 Mar 2017, 19:49 (Ref:3716906)   #29
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
Not too often you run into someone that has a map of Le Sarthe tattooed on the side of their rib cage
It's called being Hard Core (or crazy, possibly obsessed).
Old 6 Mar 2017, 19:53 (Ref:3716907)   #30
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by btracing82 View Post
Hey guys been to VIR the past 4 years and made it down to PLM in October and this will be my first trip down to sebring. We have the infield parking pass and im just wondering where is the good spot to set up shop with the chairs before the walking and is there any screens around the track?
Are you camping, or just parking? Just asking in the event you are also trying to determine where to camp.

As for where to put your chairs, there are a few spots to consider:

Turns 3-4-5 area.

Turn 7, the hairpin, across from the hotel.

Turn 10

As far as I recall there are only two big screens, one being at the Spring Break party area, the other being at the aforementioned hairpin.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 20:06 (Ref:3716909)   #31
btracing82
Rookie

Quote:
Are you camping, or just parking? Just asking in the event you are also trying to determine where to camp.

Turns 3-4-5 area.

Turn 10

As far as I recall there are only two big screens, one being at the Spring Break party area, the other being at the aforementioned hairpin.

We are coming down from Virginia and supposedly have a hotel room on the lake (not name brand hotel so fingers crossed) and 4 day super ticket not getting there till Wednesday night though and the infield parking pass we aren't camping but we will be at the track earlier then 8 with the exception of Thursday might be closer 9:30.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 20:13 (Ref:3716911)   #32
btracing82
Rookie

Quote:

Turns 3-4-5 area.

Turn 10

I really appreciate that I was aiming for the hairpin my father passed away a few years back and my mom loves the cars not so much the racing and she wont let me go to VIR anymore without her wanting to go so she was wanting to go to florida and I wanted sebring so split it and that would be a great place for her to sit and read and watch the screen
Old 6 Mar 2017, 20:23 (Ref:3716915)   #33
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Sorry to hear about your dad, that's too bad. Cool that your mom is happy to come down with you and partake in the race.

Yeah, the hairpin is always a safe bet as a place to set up basecamp for the day.

Just be advised that you will have to trek through a bit of green park to get there, so if your mom is not prepared for questionable behavior she might be in for a surprise. Also be aware there isn't a whole lot of shade, so be prepared for that. There's also a proper bathroom behind the viewing berm at the hairpin, about 100 yards away, so you don't have to use the porta potties if you don't want to (just ask and someone can point you towards them). Let us know if you have any other questions. Hope you can make it for our tentative get together on Friday evening.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 21:09 (Ref:3716921)   #34
btracing82
Rookie

Quote:
Sorry to hear about your dad, that's too bad. Cool that your mom is happy to come down with you and partake in the race.

Yeah, the hairpin is always a safe bet as a place to set up basecamp for the day.

Just be advised that you will have to trek through a bit of green park to get there, so if your mom is not prepared for questionable behavior she might be in for a surprise. Also be aware there isn't a whole lot of shade, so be prepared for that. There's also a proper bathroom behind the viewing berm at the hairpin, about 100 yards away, so you don't have to use the porta potties if you don't want to (just ask and someone can point you towards them). Let us know if you have any other questions. Hope you can make it for our tentative get together on Friday evening.
Thank you I am worried about finding a parking spot first come first serve is going to be a adventure but im 29 and a friend is coming with me and he is in his 30's and I was kinda a hard headed teen if my mom could handle me she handle that but as for getting togeather im all for it

Last edited by btracing82; 6 Mar 2017 at 21:18.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3716923)   #35
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
Never had so much hassle trying to get tickets, seemingly they are incapable of selling to non-US addresses even though I'll be picking them up at the circuit anyway. Physically won't let me continue without a US address!
Sebring is a bit of a shitshow compared to other tracks I venture to, so you will probably have to call them. Worst comes to worst, I have bought tickets at the gate before.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 21:30 (Ref:3716924)   #36
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btracing82 View Post
Thank you I am worried about finding a parking spot first come first serve is going to be a adventure but im 29 and a friend is coming with me and he is in his 30's and I was kinda a hard headed teen if my mom could handle me she handle that but as for getting togeather im all for it
I have never come in and out of the track before, only camped, but it seems like many people park between the midway and Big Bend. That would be a nice place to park as you are inside the facility but outside the track.
Old 6 Mar 2017, 21:38 (Ref:3716927)   #37
btracing82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I have never come in and out of the track before, only camped, but it seems like many people park between the midway and Big Bend. That would be a nice place to park as you are inside the facility but outside the track.
Looking at the track map that's what I was thinking I just want a relatively short walk to the car if we set up in the hair pin my mom is in her late 60's so less walking the better for her
Old 7 Mar 2017, 00:26 (Ref:3716946)   #38
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Sebring is a bit of a shitshow compared to other tracks I venture to, so you will probably have to call them. Worst comes to worst, I have bought tickets at the gate before.
Thanks, that's good to know. It's only the 'delivery address' I have a problem with (why they make this mandatory, I don't know!), the billing address is accepted fine. Might just put some random address in for delivery, it's not gonna be used anyway, and I doubt Sebring even bothers with sending around advertising, they don't run enough events for that

Certainly been a very different experience to Daytona so far, and I'm not even in the country yet all attempts at contacting Sebring's 'customer service' were ignored, I presume they just don't care for non-US visitors because they probably don't get many.
Old 7 Mar 2017, 00:28 (Ref:3716947)   #39
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Please do not be overly offended if I slur my words or stumble a bit.
I have a speech impairment so that's basically me every day
Old 7 Mar 2017, 20:47 (Ref:3717113)   #40
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
I know it's way to early.
Just let me be my neurotic self

Old 8 Mar 2017, 02:52 (Ref:3717168)   #41
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It'll be hot ish, rain or be Armageddon at least once and something will be on fire....nail it.

We'll be in Green Park somewhere, probably towards the hairpin. Maybe Friday evening will be good for a meet up.

We'll be getting there in the wee hours of Thursday, hopefully before they open the track...

Next week this time I'll be thrashing things together....hopefully, the flu will be gone by then
Old 8 Mar 2017, 17:51 (Ref:3717319)   #42
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Schedule of events at the new Club12

Old 8 Mar 2017, 19:59 (Ref:3717332)   #43
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
In case anyone wants to know, under the tree I circled on the map is where we camp every year. Our site will be surrounded by different armed forces flags. Stop by and drink one or more beers with us.

look for these flags:
Old 8 Mar 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3717336)   #44
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Schedule of events at the new Club12

I've only heard of Steve McQueen, drink specials, champions, biggest guns, prime rib and bikinis from that lineup....
Old 9 Mar 2017, 14:57 (Ref:3717528)   #45
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Forecast is going towards a bit cooler (70s most of the days) and drier weather.

It might be cooler next week over there than here at home right now!
Old 9 Mar 2017, 15:43 (Ref:3717534)   #46
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Forecast is going towards a bit cooler (70s most of the days) and drier weather.

It might be cooler next week over there than here at home right now!
Yes, I'm loving the way it looks right now!

Old 9 Mar 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3717560)   #47
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Doesn't a 10% chance of rain in FLA mean something different than everywhere else?
Old 9 Mar 2017, 18:49 (Ref:3717571)   #48
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
Hey Everyone. Looks like I have a couple extra tickets since people in my group are flaking. Anyone interested in 4 day tickets for $65 send me a PM.
Old 9 Mar 2017, 19:15 (Ref:3717573)   #49
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Friend has it on the inside of his left bicep. I've thought about maybe calf, or hip or something...
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 9 Mar 2017, 22:45 (Ref:3717613)   #50
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Hey Everyone. Looks like I have a couple extra tickets since people in my group are flaking. Anyone interested in 4 day tickets for $65 send me a PM.
Damn, if only you'd posted that 2 days ago