Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 26 Jun 2004, 06:18 (Ref:1016582)   #1
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Assen FIM GP: podiums?

It is just hours for Assen races but I'd like to share some ideas about MotoGP, 250cc and 125cc. As always, I expect to be wrong but anyway it is fun to speak about an incoming event!

They (Yahoo weather info) say weather conditions will be cloudy but dry (although it can be marginal) so I'll base my opinions on dry races.

MotoGP: I'm "afraid" Rossi will win again. Sete is another strong favourite and for a third man it is more complicated. The "default" one, Biaggi has not had good times in the weekend, but he is without a doubt the third fastest in the season. Checa (fast when he is "on") and Barros (regularly the 4th man this season, and good in Assen) are to reasonable bets.
In short: Rossi-Gibernau-Checa

250cc: Porto is so fast, but he currently doesn't have the capacity to fully translate pace into racecraft. Puniet is being impressively regular and he always is on top pace. Pedrosa is a talent and he is more aggresive than Puniet. Difficult to choose among them. Don't forget Elias, he has recovered form and he is a force to be considered.
In short: Pedrosa-Puniet-Porto

125cc: Dovizioso is impressive in the last lap! He reminds me of Aoki. I have a lot of faith in him if he is "there" in the last laps. Locatelly is the other truly season contender. Of the rest, Stoner seems to be more confortable in Assen. So...
In short: Dovizioso-Locatelli-Stoner

Although I don't dislike wet races, I hope it is dry in Assen because the three dry races are going to be potentially very interesting in this nice grand circuit.
Old 26 Jun 2004, 13:45 (Ref:1016743)   #2
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
how the F did he do it .. both were sooooo fast .. in the penultimate lap .. un(*******)beliveble ...
Melandri again on the podium . and Xaus the best ducati yet again ..

Ciao Marco
Old 26 Jun 2004, 17:28 (Ref:1016819)   #3
300kph
Racer

300kph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's why they simply call him "THE DOCTOR"...

He can simply diagnose the whole race given any kind of equipment he may have...

He is next to God in two wheels...
Old 28 Jun 2004, 07:01 (Ref:1018385)   #4
Winther
Racer

Winther should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dr God...hehehe
Old 29 Jun 2004, 04:02 (Ref:1019676)   #5
Schummy
Subscriber
Veteran

Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!Schummy has a real shot at the podium!
Biaggi looks to be losing ground in the last races. At the beginning of the season Max was more or least at similar level as Sete and Rossi.

I'd bet MB can hold third position at the end of the season, but Barros, Melandri and Checa are starting to awake and can threat him. The irregular Tamada is worth of be followed, he has done promising races. Xaus is becoming the biggest unexpected surprise in my eyes.

MotoGP has a lot of disappointments respect preseason expectations. Edwards is nowhere and this is second season in MotoGP (I don't buy the argument he is new at Honda, look at promising perfomances for "newcomers" last year). Ducatis (official ones) are missing in combat, the most astonishing fact this season IMO.

I also had wishful-thinking-like hopes for Kawas and Suzukis and Bridgestones, but currently they are not having an easy season.

With the last two authoritative (in the mental aspect) wins off Rossi over Sete now I think Rossi-Yamaha has the upper hand for the title over Sete-Honda. It's not good for MotoGP race appeal, a bit like Schumacher is doing with F1. Anyway Valentino is not guilty of being so good!

One last note is I'm not sure Yamaha is any worse than Honda. Look at the other riders behind Rossi-Gibernau and things look pretty equal (at least...): Biaggi-Barros-Melandri-Checa-Hayden-Edwards...