Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 21 Jan 2001, 00:04 (Ref:59566)   #1
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Knockhill isn't til 22 July 2001 but, like Mondello may take some planning, even though there are no ferries involved.

A few people have shown an interest of sharing the driving up to Knockhill and camping (B&B's are reasonably priced if you do not feel like roughing it in a tent). If you are thinking about visiting this circuit, which, I have visited before and have been very impressed, then post your thoughts or proposals here and we can see if we can share the cost of petrol.

Believe me when I say that you won't be disappointed. A good photo opportunity for cars as well.
Old 21 Jan 2001, 15:30 (Ref:59634)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I'm definately up for it Lorny - i'm gonna try booking the time off work tomorrow. However, I cannot guarantee i'll get it as they hit the roof when I came up with the dates for Le Mans on Friday...

I will be booking the Friday and Monday off if I am permitted the time. I suggest we all meet and start driving up early Friday morning. This'll give us Saturday to do our thing, Sunday at the track and then we can drive back again early Monday morning and be back at our desks on the Tuesday. Sound OK ?
Old 21 Jan 2001, 19:20 (Ref:59663)   #3
Lorna
Veteran

I have already booked off the Friday, Monday and Tuesday. Definitely drive up Friday morning. The people I have interested at the moment works out pretty well. Probably means that you have the longest journey, Craig! We will head up north picking up people on the way. Still need to suss out which car we are taking - the biggest for boot space, obviously. I am not fussed when we come back as I have the Tuesday off as well.

I have four people so if anyone else is interested, this will mean taking a second car.
Old 21 Jan 2001, 19:25 (Ref:59665)   #4
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say Me please but if you are full.....
Old 21 Jan 2001, 19:30 (Ref:59668)   #5
Lorna
Veteran

Oh Les! I know I can take five people in my car but that means three adults in the back on a say, 7 or 8 hour journey from where I am, anyhow. And also there is the luggage problem for those that are taking tents. I am not sure about Woody's plans yet so there may still be a way. I will email her but I think it all boils down to finances with her. I shouldn't have any financial troubles by then! Woohoo!

We'll find a way, Les. There are still some people who I think may come and haven't nagged yet.

How big is your car?
Old 21 Jan 2001, 19:37 (Ref:59669)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Two cars would be good. It's a long journey and a backup car is always a good idea. The alternative is a minibus - which I would be happy to drive if everyone else wants to pay for it between them ?
Old 21 Jan 2001, 19:42 (Ref:59673)   #7
Lorna
Veteran

That's a good idea. I am not bothered about driving a minibus either to share the driving. I've driven a Mercedes Sprinter before and coped pretty well. Only clipped one curb (and that was dealing with a crossroad with traffic lights in Germany!

How many seats are there on a minibus? 8? plus room to put tents and luggage. Do you know how much a minibus would cost? for the four days?
Old 21 Jan 2001, 23:56 (Ref:59718)   #8
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this year, because on the 22nd of July I'll be down at Snetterton racing a Mini

Bloody shame though because I really want to visit Knockhill. It was on last years Mini calendar, but it's missing off this year's.
Old 22 Jan 2001, 00:00 (Ref:59719)   #9
Sparky
Veteran

Sparky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it this year, because on the 22nd of July I'll be down at Snetterton racing a Mini
Ooh! Guess I know where I'll be then!

Old 22 Jan 2001, 06:41 (Ref:59743)   #10
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
I've got a Corsa - bit of a squeeze with 4 people and no luggage.
Minibus sounds good.
Old 22 Jan 2001, 13:59 (Ref:59800)   #11
Lorna
Veteran

I have just been having a look around at prices for people carriers/mini buses. They were £70 per day. (ouch!). Wouldn't it be cheaper to take two cars????
Old 23 Jan 2001, 13:14 (Ref:59935)   #12
Sarah
Rookie

Sarah should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love to go to knockhill and don't mind driving,I only have a Clio though.
Old 23 Jan 2001, 20:38 (Ref:59971)   #13
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
You think that is bad for a minibus - a return flight is £53 from Stansted and a Corsa for 2 days £56 - ouch!
Old 23 Jan 2001, 21:18 (Ref:59984)   #14
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to go - but my car won't make the journey and its gonna depend on that money thing.
Old 23 Jan 2001, 21:23 (Ref:59986)   #15
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Knockhill Circuit Guide is now updated for 2001
Old 23 Jan 2001, 21:39 (Ref:59992)   #16
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really ought to go this year.
I'll decide after the first couple of meetings.
I don't fancy going all that way for a procession.
Don't mind driving if I do go.
Old 24 Jan 2001, 21:52 (Ref:60177)   #17
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Seventy quid a day is expensive. Obviously this will come down if we booked for four or five days or whatever. It may or may not be worth taking two cars - even if it's a little more expensive to run a bus up, it may make more sense than to whack 1000 miles or whatever on a couple of our motors ?

I know - or should I say, I did know in my old job - a few peeps who may well be able to assist us - i'll try and get in touch with a few in the next few days and see what sort of deal we can wangle.
Old 25 Jan 2001, 13:14 (Ref:60279)   #18
Lorna
Veteran

Craig, the site I looked at WAS for 4 or 5 days!

Hehe ! You look up your old contacts, mate - save us some pennnies!

Woody - you won't have to take your car - we'll sort something out - just save some pennies.
Old 25 Jan 2001, 23:37 (Ref:60363)   #19
Chris Y
Nature's servant
Veteran

United Kingdom
Over there, over here
Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!Chris Y has a real shot at the championship!

I said before that Mighty Minis weren't going to Knockhill.. Now it appears we may be.. We're also not going to Anglesey anymore, but we may go to Croft instead.

So those 'provisional' dates for MM you have Lorna - they're very much likely to change
Old 26 Jan 2001, 19:44 (Ref:60470)   #20
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Seems i've burned a few bridges by leaving Titan... Always knew the boss was an arse, but word has been passed around to all the suppliers that there should be no favours done. I will phone TLS directly when I get a mo though - I know I can get a 7.5 tonner from them for just over £60 a day, so a 3.5 ton minibus should be less than that i'd have thought.
Old 26 Jan 2001, 19:48 (Ref:60472)   #21
Sparky
Veteran

What a nasty bar-steward!

...After all you did for him, an'all.

Hey... Thinks. Imagine how much beer you could get in the back of a 7.5 tonner!!
Old 26 Jan 2001, 22:07 (Ref:60504)   #22
Lorna
Veteran

Please don't encourage him, Sparky.....

Thanks for the warning, Chris. I was going to start inputting dates again this weekend.
Old 26 Jan 2001, 22:38 (Ref:60510)   #23
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Good idea Sparky. Sadly another problem with leaving Titan - i've now lost my beer supplier, so I have to pay 'official' prices now...
Old 26 Jan 2001, 22:48 (Ref:60517)   #24
Invader
Veteran

Invader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tight arse....you'll end up like that aussie bloke.
Old 26 Jan 2001, 22:51 (Ref:60519)   #25
Sparky
Veteran

Who? Rolf Harris?