Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Overdrive BTCC Diecast Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Armchair Enthusiast

View Poll Results: Which is better Autosport or Motorsport News?
Autosport 13 86.67%
Motorsport/Motoring News 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 3 May 2001, 12:59 (Ref:88319)   #1
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Autosport or Motorsport News

As a reader of autosport for the last 6 or 7 years, I think it has gone a bit of over last couple of months and as it not as good as it used to be, anyone got any thoughts on the matter
Old 4 May 2001, 12:29 (Ref:88831)   #2
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only trouble with Autosport is the price - at £2.60 per week it's not worth it.
Old 4 May 2001, 13:29 (Ref:88867)   #3
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
me and my dad have shared an autosport subscription for 4 years, and there's always a fight to get it first at thursday lunchtime. it has contributed to many a family arguement (you're only looking at the pictures no i'm not, etc).
however, i love it to bits, and that big newspaper thing isn't a patch on it. it needs more smaller race coverege though. some of us actually care about f3000, you know, autosport.
Old 6 May 2001, 09:43 (Ref:89583)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Always used to buy Autosport, until the end of last year. I think it's still the best for international coverage. But for national motorsport you have to get Motorsport News, as Autosport has gone garbage...
Old 6 May 2001, 13:37 (Ref:89642)   #5
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think Autosport is good for seeing into the future. They said Rover would be making a comeback to the BTCC in an October 1999 issue.
Old 8 May 2001, 19:33 (Ref:90413)   #6
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Autosport is far superior to Motorsport News - only problem is that the price is a bit steep. I only buy Autosport on "special occasions" i.e. end of season, start of season or an article on one of my favourite teams or drivers.

Motorsport News is trash (and I've thought that ever since last season when I wrote into them and complained about their constant criticism of...guess who?...Ralf - well, awarding him 3/10 when he finished third is a bit daft! ), and Autosport is, on the whole, a much better buy. But if I bought it every week, I'd be broke. So I'm stuck with our weekly copy of Motorsport News instead.
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 8 May 2001, 21:17 (Ref:90488)   #7
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Autosport is much bettter. But at £2.60 - I'll stick to my subscription with Motoring News - Or MOTORSPORT NEWS as it is now called!!
Old 14 May 2001, 19:06 (Ref:92473)   #8
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I subscribe to both... I only bother with the back few pages of Autosport since it went all tabloid style, but read Motorsport News from front page to back each issue...
Old 16 May 2001, 21:18 (Ref:93368)   #9
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Our household subscribes to both. I read both from cover to cover, and find them about equally informative, but one thing really gets on my nerves. I appreciate Autosport concentrates on major national and international series, that's why I read Motorsport News for club racing reports. Why then are the club reports often exactly the same in both papers? Yes, they're sister publications, but surely the grass-roots focused paper should go into more depth.
Old 21 May 2001, 09:57 (Ref:94718)   #10
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I live in Australia, and we don't even get Motoring News. And Autosport costs $11 (Good old Aussie dollar!). A subscription there for costs $500-600!

The best Racing mag's over here are Motorsport News (no relation to the English one), and Auto Action. Motorsport News is my favourite, as it is A4 size, on nice paper, and costs little.
Old 21 May 2001, 20:53 (Ref:94934)   #11
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Whats happened to your site DNQ?
Old 22 May 2001, 09:00 (Ref:95110)   #12
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
START OF OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION :-)

Hi touring legend. Unfortunantly my site was deleted by my host . I have managed to reupload it, in a much smaller different form to http://home.iprimus.com.au/louknee - I'll be getting a proper server and domain name soon.

END OF OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION :-)
Old 22 May 2001, 20:45 (Ref:95312)   #13
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like autosport ... (but to defend motoring news, thats because I have never read it )
Old 23 May 2001, 07:01 (Ref:95430)   #14
badoer fan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
badoer fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport News is okay, but the problem is, it's a newspaper