Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Oct 2006, 10:17 (Ref:1745970)   #1
daj
Racer

daj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Classic sports car Daytona trip ?

Hello ,

Has anyone seen and thought about the Daytona trip ? Looks like it could be a once in a lifetime adventure for what seems good money?

daj
Old 23 Oct 2006, 10:38 (Ref:1745990)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Anymore details, daj? This one seems to have passed me by until now!
Old 23 Oct 2006, 11:01 (Ref:1746017)   #3
daj
Racer

daj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Have a look on http://www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk/ its at the bottom of the page , Not much details really but sounds intresting and not bad cost if shared between two drivers.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 11:10 (Ref:1746031)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ah, thanks. It will be interesting to see if any Ten-tenthers go. They have a year to save and plan!
Old 23 Oct 2006, 11:57 (Ref:1746105)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I'm seriously considering it, I just need to find out more details of the number of races, the circuit they are using and final price, all of which will be announced at the Autosport show I believe.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 12:15 (Ref:1746131)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I too heard that the details of this were to be confirmed at the Autosport Show. The timing fits in well as there shouldn't be much else going on around that time of year.

I don't think that the circuit they use will be a classic, but to be at that venue would be fantastic.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 15:04 (Ref:1746332)   #7
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamAshmore
I too heard that the details of this were to be confirmed at the Autosport Show. The timing fits in well as there shouldn't be much else going on around that time of year.

I don't think that the circuit they use will be a classic, but to be at that venue would be fantastic.
I would have thought it would be the same course as used in the 24 hour race but over a shorter distance!

Daytona is a superb facility and when I visited the resort I took the 50 cent tour! I also drove over part of the old road course and on the superb beach.
Old 23 Oct 2006, 17:09 (Ref:1746495)   #8
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm definitely considering it. Gonna be a strange first year on the circuits
Old 24 Oct 2006, 02:56 (Ref:1746987)   #9
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

You might find THIS thread useful.

The HSR group will be using the traditional 3.52 mile course as used by the cars in the Rolex 24.

The maps in the linked thead as well as THIS one should provide the information you need.

PM thebear for specific information or assistance in the US.

Hope you can ALL make the trip and bring a few marshals with you.
Old 24 Oct 2006, 06:32 (Ref:1747073)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
We got the initial deets from Bernie Chodosh at spa. It does sound attractive but let's see the final cost.

Its not high on my priorities though.
Old 24 Oct 2006, 09:13 (Ref:1747228)   #11
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
it does look good, although next year already has pencilled a visit down under to see the outlaws etc, hopefully with a Bathurst/Oran Park historic trip tied in too !
Old 28 Oct 2006, 20:19 (Ref:1752138)   #12
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
to consider something else, you could go racing in South Africa as well. imagine racing on an old F1 winter course (Tasman like) with the " tafelberg" as horizon........
idea?????
Old 29 Oct 2006, 19:49 (Ref:1752949)   #13
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To me it sounds like a truly great deal, and if we stayed on for a week or two I might actually convince my wife that it was a proper holiday rather than yet another racing trip.
Old 26 Nov 2006, 13:22 (Ref:1775277)   #14
RushyRacer
Racer

RushyRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kickstart
To me it sounds like a truly great deal, and if we stayed on for a week or two I might actually convince my wife that it was a proper holiday rather than yet another racing trip.
The trip has been extended by a couple of days to increase the non race days / race days ratio for the other halfs holiday but we can extend even longer if you wish . And if you want to stay even LONGER still we can arrange to ship the car up to Sebring for the meeting there. Get in touch via the CSCC web site
Old 26 Nov 2006, 13:35 (Ref:1775282)   #15
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
How much has the price increased to take the extra days and will the CSCC be involved with the Sebring meeting?

I can't remember if it has been mentioned before but what is the position with personal insurance? We are talking the USA and dangerous sports in one sentence, something that insurance companies will run and hide from.
Has anyone from the CSCC looked into this or even considered it?

Last edited by Tim Falce; 26 Nov 2006 at 13:39.
Old 26 Nov 2006, 14:37 (Ref:1775295)   #16
photohsr
Racer

Canada
Burlington, Ontario
photohsr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
All participants at Historic SportsCar races are covered by an insurance policy through the Vintage Motorsport Council. Here is a note from Bonnie Madden of Parish-Heacock Insurance
"Clarification regarding participant accident coverage through the VMC Insurance program and non-US participants:

ANY participant (US citizen or not) is covered under the VMC participant accident coverage for all benefits in the policy. Medical expenses are paid as follows: The first $5,000 in bills is paid as primary coverage for the participant by the VMC policy. After that $5,000 is paid, any other benefits under this policy are paid as excess after any other health plan in force pays. This excess limit is $50,000.
If there is no other health plan in place for the participant, the VMC policy will pay medical expenses up to the excess limit of $50,000."

What happens away from the track is another issue.
Bob H.

Last edited by photohsr; 26 Nov 2006 at 14:40.
Old 26 Nov 2006, 17:39 (Ref:1775348)   #17
RushyRacer
Racer

RushyRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
How much has the price increased to take the extra days and will the CSCC be involved with the Sebring meeting?

I can't remember if it has been mentioned before but what is the position with personal insurance? We are talking the USA and dangerous sports in one sentence, something that insurance companies will run and hide from.
Has anyone from the CSCC looked into this or even considered it?
1a) Not Much
1b) No
2) Yes- Check with office
Old 4 Dec 2006, 12:43 (Ref:1781627)   #18
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
TorqueWench should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Daytona trip November 2007

The price for the trip is currently at £3,650 to include:
1.Shipping of car to Brunswick from Southampton, transportation from Brunswick docks to Daytona circuit and back (Shipping to take 3 weeks)
2. 2 x return flights with Virgin Atlantic Heathrow to Orlando (economy)
3. Hotel (accommodation only) split between Kissimmee and Daytona for 9 nights (out Sat/Sun 2nd/3rd Nov, back overnight Tues 12th or so)
4. All race entry fees (but not testing on the Thursday payable direct to circuit) You will have 2 x qualification races, 2 30 min races and one 1-hour race over the weekend
5. Local car hire for the 10 days
6. Insurance for cars in transit and "holiday insurance"

There is also the extra possibility of keepong the cars an extra 3 weeks and taking them to the Sebring races later in November.

Any extras such as extra flights, hotel rooms, car hire etc can be quoted - we are using Travellink UK as our ATOL-bonded agents, and the "Classic Sports Car Travel Club Ltd" is the organiser of the package trip.

We have over 100 cars pledged, including Cobras, Morgans, Jaguars, Lotus, MGs, Chevrolets, even an Osca!

The price will be subject to a limit on currency and flight fuel hikes etc (as any agent would include)

Deposit of £500 required by Autosport Show, balance by 31st July. The CSC Travel Club Ltd will hold funds in a secure account and these will be used to pay fees to travel agency, shipping, transportation in USA etc.

BOY are we lookng forward to this! Come and see us on our stand at Autosport International and the Stoneleigh Historic Show

All the best - happy racing,

Sarah
Old 4 Dec 2006, 12:50 (Ref:1781630)   #19
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
Daytona FAQs

I am also compiling a list of FAQs and answers -

www.classicsportscarclub.co.uk

Follow link

If you can think of anything else to add please PM me and I will add it on
(but hold off for a couple of days as I;m still writing it...!)

Old 4 Dec 2006, 16:29 (Ref:1781754)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Welcome Sarah. I hope it's a great success. What prompted this enterprise initially?
Old 4 Dec 2006, 16:47 (Ref:1781768)   #21
kickstart
Veteran

United Kingdom
Cheshire
kickstart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One question I do have is whether the cars will be going after the Spa 6 hour meeting, as I plan to race at this meeting and then hopefully leave the car with yourselves for transport onto Florida.

I think the Spa dates are 6/7th October.

How are your dates for 2007 looking as I hope to also be back out in tin tops this year.
Old 4 Dec 2006, 22:30 (Ref:1782032)   #22
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the FAQ it states that extra drivers need to have an 'A' Licence yet in the original information it states that you only need a 'B' licence. Confused!!
Which do I need?? (I will be the only driver)
Old 5 Dec 2006, 08:30 (Ref:1782253)   #23
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
Daytona 2007

The trip was prompted by Bernie Chodosh who has organised two previous trips to Sebring, and is a Committee member of the CSCC. He came to a committee meeting and, unusually, stayed awake. Once started, he is difficult to stop... and he suggested the Club run a Daytona trip, to the event organised by the Historic Sportscar Racing Club of America at their Daytona International Historic Fall Meeting.

Judy and Skip at the HSR were very keen, and so here we go!

As to Licence level - I will check and confirm status required.

As to shipping after Spa races - the shipping is likely to be after the Spa 6 hours, but I have avoided organising one of my usual endurance races there this year as I don't want the cars to be compromised so close to the shipping date.

Any more queries - keep them coming, and I'll add them to the FAQs page.

The Classic Sports Car Travel Club will be posting out an information pack and Booking Forms before Christmas to those already on the database.
Old 5 Dec 2006, 08:38 (Ref:1782264)   #24
TorqueWench
Racer

United Kingdom
Sunny Berkshire
Marshals Prize Trip to Daytona

Don't forget that all Marshals that sign on for a CSCC race in 2007 will be entered into our prize draw, for 2 tickets for flights and hotel accommodation to accompany our Daytona trip. I believe this has already been posted on the Marshals' Forum by their Chairman. The more you sign on, the higher the chance of winning!
Old 5 Dec 2006, 10:39 (Ref:1782371)   #25
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
You say no GRP replicas, does that rule out Dtype replicas?