Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 16 Oct 2010, 07:48 (Ref:2775666)   #276
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Can think of nothing more to say that hasn't already been said..........moving and wonderful on every level.

Welcome back Henri!
Old 16 Oct 2010, 09:16 (Ref:2775690)   #277
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Amazing - that is the second thing this week that restores ones faith in mankind.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 10:09 (Ref:2775710)   #278
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359 View Post
If Henri can't find some sponsorship money to go along with this save, wont this all be for nothing? 400,000 Euros doesn't seem to quite cut it I'd think.

Yes, probably, but it's hard to imagine him being unable to find it - just look at the support here for him and imagine that spread worldwide - and particularly - France-wide. I'd almost expect a queue to be forming as we speak.....
Old 16 Oct 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2775732)   #279
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Old 16 Oct 2010, 11:28 (Ref:2775735)   #280
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes, probably, but it's hard to imagine him being unable to find it - just look at the support here for him and imagine that spread worldwide - and particularly - France-wide. I'd almost expect a queue to be forming as we speak.....
He could adopt a similar sponsorapproach to Jan Lammers' checkered livery with his Racing For Holland project a couple of years ago. I bet Ten-Tenths would show up on his car(s)!

Best sportscar news of 2010 btw!
Old 16 Oct 2010, 11:51 (Ref:2775744)   #281
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's been done many times, by Jan - even by Paulzinho's dad!! (Tim Lee Davey). I even have the Sponsor Club t-shirt to prove it!

Last edited by Aysedasi; 16 Oct 2010 at 11:57.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2775788)   #282
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Just dreamin ..... but if there was an American team , considering on doing the LMS (Like Drayson does in ALMS) Henri would be one hell of a team manager to have in your squad . Let him off to mastermind a Le Mans assault for a manufacturer , I reckon he could do it all ..... But also I dont feel thats what it is all about either .....

I think what the happy thought is , is the possible return of Pescarolo Sports . I think he made a name for himself bigtime taking it to the Audi's , year in year out , closer than most ever got , and I also feel that he developed one massive fan base because of that privateer V's Vorsprung Durch Technik ..... Imagine the cheek !!!

I wanta see his Pescarolo Sports team back again .
Old 16 Oct 2010, 17:38 (Ref:2775823)   #283
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so where does this lead them technically?

I guess the obvious move is the Judd 3.4L that has been running in P2 can be put in the P1 chassis,...... are there other viable options (HPD, Zytek, AER)?

What would need to be done to the chassis other than the BHF (big honkin' fin)?

Do they leave the car as is and operate under restricted grandfathered rules?

If the history of the ACO is taken into account,... old cars get pretty much castrated.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 17:47 (Ref:2775825)   #284
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamato View Post
so where does this lead them technically?

I guess the obvious move is the Judd 3.4L that has been running in P2 can be put in the P1 chassis,...... are there other viable options (HPD, Zytek, AER)?

What would need to be done to the chassis other than the BHF (big honkin' fin)?

Do they leave the car as is and operate under restricted grandfathered rules?

If the history of the ACO is taken into account,... old cars get pretty much castrated.
Much will probably depend on the level of sponsorship/budget that can be raised, I would think.

L.P.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 18:12 (Ref:2775833)   #285
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder if Sony/Playstation/Granturismo will go back to Pescarolo or stay with Peugeot!?

But i wonder if there is any big firms, who are well known in motorsports, who is currently not sponsoring anyone!? (Kinda like Gulf before AMR)
Old 16 Oct 2010, 18:21 (Ref:2775836)   #286
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Congratulations !!!
Old 16 Oct 2010, 19:56 (Ref:2775866)   #287
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
I wonder if Sony/Playstation/Granturismo will go back to Pescarolo or stay with Peugeot!?

But i wonder if there is any big firms, who are well known in motorsports, who is currently not sponsoring anyone!? (Kinda like Gulf before AMR)
A bit of nostalgia and kindness isn't going to take Playstation off a possible winning car.

The news is great, but what would the team be running with at Le Mans? The grandfathered-in cars running in LMP2?
Old 16 Oct 2010, 19:58 (Ref:2775868)   #288
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
A bit of nostalgia and kindness isn't going to take Playstation off a possible winning car.

The news is great, but what would the team be running with at Le Mans? The grandfathered-in cars running in LMP2?

The cars are P-1s.

L.P.
Old 16 Oct 2010, 21:04 (Ref:2775894)   #289
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Its a great opportunity for a sponsor particularly a French company and especially if the fairy tale comes true in june
Old 16 Oct 2010, 23:14 (Ref:2775943)   #290
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think that the ACO will do whatever they deem necessary, in relation to their rules, to help make Henri's team competitive next year. This will be a marketing bonanza for them.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 00:34 (Ref:2775955)   #291
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I read in the E-I interview that Henri says he can count on Moutl and Le Sarthe which is a start anyway.

As was the kind person who donated 5000 euro to the cause at the auction.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 11:06 (Ref:2776107)   #292
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe Total will add support too.
They need the positive image to better their own!
Old 17 Oct 2010, 16:39 (Ref:2776198)   #293
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
This is really good news on at least three frounts

1) I like Henri
2) It is good for sportscar racing
3) My pescarollo shirt could be relevant to the cars actually racing again
Old 17 Oct 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2776222)   #294
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Would a link-up with OAK not be most logical?
Old 17 Oct 2010, 18:31 (Ref:2776231)   #295
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Pescarolo OAK Lmp1!?
Old 17 Oct 2010, 18:49 (Ref:2776238)   #296
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There are no words. There really are good souls in this world.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 18:59 (Ref:2776240)   #297
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Would a link-up with OAK not be most logical?
This was my thought too. Makes too much sense not to. Two car team, one with the gentleman/pay drivers and another with a strong pro line-up.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 20:00 (Ref:2776274)   #298
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's enough to make you cry, isn't it. Best story since I simply don't know when.
Old 17 Oct 2010, 21:50 (Ref:2776330)   #299
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
http://www.translate.google.dk/trans...2F&sl=fr&tl=en
Pescarolo Sport is dead.
Long live Team Pescarolo!

Henri's new team will be independant from OAK and will probably field 2 LMP1's.
Good news indeed
Old 17 Oct 2010, 23:53 (Ref:2776365)   #300
Canada ALMS fan
Veteran

Canada
Calgary, Canada
Canada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCanada ALMS fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I have been away a few days and am just learning about this! What a great story, almost a miracle, cheers to these gentlemen for such a wonderful gesture! After seeing the OAK Pesca at Petit I was worried we would not see these chassis again, not now!