Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 10 Dec 2015, 08:45 (Ref:3596785)   #1
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Drink Le Mans Classic 2016

Finally got my tickets sorted out, have been trying the ACO site for several days and kept having problems, managed to get 4 sets of tickets with camping in blue nord this time. turns out the problems was with the ACO site they are trying to fix but best to phone them if you want tickets, good camping tickets and aco stand spaces are almost sold out

So who else will be there?
Old 10 Dec 2015, 09:40 (Ref:3596794)   #2
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Well, it sure is on the to do list. Shame it is so close to the big one, which makes it a bit hard to convince my boss that I really DO need the days off!
Old 10 Dec 2015, 10:05 (Ref:3596798)   #3
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Well, it sure is on the to do list. Shame it is so close to the big one, which makes it a bit hard to convince my boss that I really DO need the days off!
Unlike the main event you will only really need to take one or two days off, we arrived wednesday 3 years ago and campsite was empty, best to go down either thursday or friday and head back sunday. so you could do it with only 1 day off work. If you book blue nord you are welcome to join us
Old 10 Dec 2015, 10:52 (Ref:3596811)   #4
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Agree with that. It's very much a weekend event.
The place is strangely quiet on a Friday but you do get to move around very easily, which is nice.
Old 10 Dec 2015, 18:13 (Ref:3596891)   #5
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
That's the thing for me Vince. I went to the first one in 2002 when it was in September. That was do-able. To take another break so soon after the main event just isn't on for me, both work and home-wise.......
Old 10 Dec 2015, 21:30 (Ref:3596924)   #6
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am on ticket duty for our lot, just got to chase up a couple of people and then book in the next week or so.
Old 16 Dec 2015, 19:03 (Ref:3598201)   #7
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
yep classic tickets arrived

still no sign of main 24 hour tickets yet
Old 16 Dec 2015, 22:14 (Ref:3598231)   #8
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tickets in my pocket since last sunday
Old 17 Dec 2015, 07:10 (Ref:3598300)   #9
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
Tickets in my pocket since last sunday
i would put them somewhere safe Eric after 7 months in your pocket they will be rather battered come June/July
Old 6 Jan 2016, 15:47 (Ref:3602557)   #10
antonylight
Rookie

United Kingdom
Cobham
antonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridantonylight should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Classic Entry List #1

The first entry list for this year's Classic is now on www.lemansclassic.com featuring 286 cars
Go to "Competition" then "Entry List"
Old 13 Jan 2016, 21:21 (Ref:3604522)   #11
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Djcomix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drink be there

Hello !
First all my best wishes for this new year to all friends on the forum.
I'll be there too !
cheers to all

Laurent
Old 11 Feb 2016, 20:19 (Ref:3614040)   #12
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
looking for hotel

Looks like I'll attend the LM classic this year with some friends. We will drive our cars to La Sarthre. As probably many of them aren't into camping here is my question and I know we are kind of late; We are looking for a hotel arround Le Mans with lots of safe parking spots and good atmospheer. Any suggestions?
Old 11 Feb 2016, 21:57 (Ref:3614066)   #13
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going to try to go... but on a working basis. The guys who are supporting 24h2lm with accommodation are also operating at the classic and I mentioned I'd be happy to go and work with them (I think you get a bit of time off!)... not sure how that will pan out with the Mrs after the big one though!
Old 12 Feb 2016, 12:59 (Ref:3614192)   #14
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Looks like I'll attend the LM classic this year with some friends. We will drive our cars to La Sarthre. As probably many of them aren't into camping here is my question and I know we are kind of late; We are looking for a hotel arround Le Mans with lots of safe parking spots and good atmospheer. Any suggestions?
i think you will have trouble getting anything with secure parking close to the circuit but you never know, Try Nadine she may be able to help you Rene
Old 12 Feb 2016, 16:50 (Ref:3614245)   #15
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
i think you will have trouble getting anything with secure parking close to the circuit but you never know, Try Nadine she may be able to help you Rene
If all goes the way we plan we will have paddock parking. Just looking for a good hotel.
Old 14 Feb 2016, 08:49 (Ref:3614564)   #16
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
Chef pique nique

i've just bought 2 picnic baskets
Old 14 Feb 2016, 15:46 (Ref:3614621)   #17
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djcomix View Post
i've just bought 2 picnic baskets
Enjoy the "Rillettes" !
Old 20 Feb 2016, 10:44 (Ref:3616234)   #18
Djcomix
Racer

European Union
Le mans
rillettes

yes !