Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Aug 2003, 21:33 (Ref:704288)   #1
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can you see Alonso's record being broken?

Alonso set a record as the youngest ever pole sitter and race winner, Can you see this record being broken in the near future, and who in F3000, F3 or another formula could do it?
also which teams do you think would take a risk on such a young driver?
i dont really follow the lower formula single seaters but my Bro (spaced invader) really supports Nelson Piquet Jr.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 21:48 (Ref:704301)   #2
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NP Jr. or perhaps Lewis Hamilton.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 21:52 (Ref:704304)   #3
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
One day...
Old 31 Aug 2003, 22:07 (Ref:704313)   #4
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Time changes everything but money rules in F1 so the answer is yes
Old 1 Sep 2003, 09:38 (Ref:704646)   #5
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maybe Nelsinho?
Old 1 Sep 2003, 10:00 (Ref:704657)   #6
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by climb
Maybe Nelsinho?
Only if they start racing prototypes in F1.

I rather see Nico Rosberg break it instead.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 10:03 (Ref:704661)   #7
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why Nico and not Nelsinho?
Old 1 Sep 2003, 10:18 (Ref:704670)   #8
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
None of the names mentioned above. A talent like Alonso only comes along so often. The names mentioned above won't be in F1 until they are at least 23-25.

And if they get into F1 at the age younger than I mentioned above, they won't be in front-running teams.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 11:15 (Ref:704705)   #9
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i can definatly see it being broken in the future .

Just take what Mclaren have been doing with Lewis Hamilton for the past 5 years . Im sure GP drivers and winners are gonna be young men much more often .
Old 1 Sep 2003, 11:49 (Ref:704730)   #10
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wouldn't be surprised if we have teenage F1 drivers on a regular basis by 2010, with guys like Hamilton, Rosberg and Nelsinho leadig the charge. That would give them 2 or 3 years in F1 to win, whcih could easily happen in a top car.

I guess no record is invincible. We all thought 65 ples was, but now Schumacher has it in his sights and Montoya has a great start to pursuing it.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 11:52 (Ref:704734)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It is likely that one day it will be broken. All records can (and eventually are) broken.

Of course each time it becomes slightly harder to break it. This is especially so in the case of a stastical record. With things like the LSR, technology is ever improving so it will be beaten (if someone can be bothered!). However records like Michael's number of wins are harder to break. OK cars (and maybe drivers) may be getting quicker, but that happens down the field. It is a statistical situation that occurs depending on the level of the field. However run the game enough times and it will be broken.

Alonso's youngest records are similar, but of course there is another limiting factor. There is a lower limit of when people can get into F1. So this becomes even harder to break and when it does happen it will be days rather than months I reckon.

There is still scope to break this. Alonso had a year out between his first and second season. So you could argue that the victory could have come (at least) a year earlier. This is ignoring the obvious fact that he has improved as a driver in that year. Factor in the team's strength and you see how more unlikely it gets.

Phew.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 15:07 (Ref:704849)   #12
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd like to see Piquet Jnr. and Nico race in an F1 car and then comment. Because a guy maybe amazing in the lower leagues but may just not be able to make that step up
Old 1 Sep 2003, 17:38 (Ref:704953)   #13
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Schumacher has kkids, I can definitely see them getting good drives, and if they are half the talent he was, they will end up at a top team with a good chance of winning.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 20:33 (Ref:705080)   #14
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by avsfan733
Schumacher has kkids, I can definitely see them getting good drives, and if they are half the talent he was, they will end up at a top team with a good chance of winning.
with TGF's name and genes attached they should do well, and get a top drive early as people will be watching him all the way through evgery formula.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 21:31 (Ref:705123)   #15
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BootsOntheSide
I wouldn't be surprised if we have teenage F1 drivers on a regular basis by 2010, with guys like Hamilton, Rosberg and Nelsinho leadig the charge. That would give them 2 or 3 years in F1 to win, whcih could easily happen in a top car.

I guess no record is invincible. We all thought 65 ples was, but now Schumacher has it in his sights and Montoya has a great start to pursuing it.
I agree. Hamilton is 18 and is at the stage Kimi was at 21 (winning F.Renault title). It really depends if one of these drivers gets the right break, McLaren aren't keen on taking young rookies and letting them debut at the top, but Williams might give NPjr or Nico a break like they did with Jenson.

I still dread the day when there'll be an F1 driver several years younger than me.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 21:46 (Ref:705132)   #16
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It could happen. I don't think it's likely for a while. Someone has jump a step or two in the ladder and land on a top team right away. Natural talent only takes a driver so far, some experience is needed.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 23:24 (Ref:705198)   #17
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Sure it'll happen. Records get broken.

When is another matter. It'll happen.

Senna's 65 poles. Fangio's 6-titles (or if that is broken, then that new record will be).

Records inevitably get broken.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 06:23 (Ref:705355)   #18
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Raven

I still dread the day when there'll be an F1 driver several years younger than me.
I am afraid that happens to us all eventually. I am now at the stage where every F1 driver is several years younger than me.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 07:33 (Ref:705383)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Fangio only had six titles.

Kimi was the first driver to win who was younger than I was when the win happened. Alonso has followed that up pretty quickly afterwards.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 21:17 (Ref:706120)   #20
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore

I thought that that was five titles Adam?
Old 2 Sep 2003, 23:10 (Ref:706244)   #21
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally posted by Dutton
Fangio's 6-titles
Quote:
Originally posted by AdamAshmore
Mr V, sorry, you are pointing out me pointing out.

You are right though - five titles is the record, for now...
Old 3 Sep 2003, 23:11 (Ref:707579)   #22
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Yuppers, a typo.

I was thinking about the possibility of Michael beating the 5, so fingers typed confused.

Clearly, I am aware Fangio is currently the joint record holder with Michael.

I sincerely hope you realise that I am aware of such a basic fact.

Last edited by Dutton; 3 Sep 2003 at 23:13.
Old 3 Sep 2003, 23:56 (Ref:707598)   #23
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Athletes in all sports are turning pro at a much younger age than ever before, and doing quite well I might add. Youth sports associations and junior leagues are far better equipped and organised today than they were just a few years ago, they really push the young kids hard, and although I don't really agree with it, they are very successful.

So yes, Alonso's record will be broken some day, because afterall "records are made to be broken".

Danica Patrick
Old 4 Sep 2003, 07:12 (Ref:707742)   #24
CleanTone
Racer

Romania
Colentina
CleanTone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Asmer. Remember there is a slot for a young gun in 2005. I believe in 2006 we shall see.