Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racing Technology

Old 1 Oct 2001, 11:48 (Ref:154205)   #1
GT fan
Rookie

GT fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
F1 contact information and job opportunities

Regarding my previous message, i was wondering if anyone had a contact address for Mclaren F1 as i cannot seem to find one. Their website is not very useful for contact. Also, i would be interested in contact addresses for brabham and lotus F1 as they too have a long history in the sport. Wiiliams have already been contacted.

Once again thanks for your help

Andy

[I took the liberty of changing the title of your thread, Andy to distinguish it from your previous topic with the same name]

Last edited by Dino IV; 6 Oct 2001 at 15:52.
Old 6 Oct 2001, 16:02 (Ref:156762)   #2
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi Andy, welcome to 10-10's.

Back in the days of my first studies in aeronautical engineering I tried to get my foot between the doors of UK-autosport industries as well - with little success as those doors are pretty much closed - so I should have some contact addresses lying around somewhere, but I can't figure out where unfortunatly. A friend of mine did however work for Mercedes Motorsports in Germany and he should have some information of how to get a letter to McLaren. I'll ask him and let you know.

Brabham and Lotus don't have any active F1 engineering aspirations anymore, as far as I know.

However if you're interested in getting a job in autosports please have a look at the Autosport website. Click on 'Appointments' link at the right hand menu and you'll find a list of the job opportunities which are also published in the Autosport magazine.

Scott Gruer of TechnicalF1.com is also doing a fine job of gathering as much info as possible on the subject, so have a look at his site as well.

Cheers,
Dino.