Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 29 Aug 2003, 17:51 (Ref:702917)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2005 Williams seat available?

Assuming Montoyas expected transfer to McLaren goes through next year, who do you think/who would you like to see as his replacement?

Wurz? Heidfeld? Nico Rosberg? Barrichello? (strange proposals, I know)

Personally, I believe that young Jenson Button should have a shout for the seat. Frank Williams is a big admirer and said he would gladly take him back.

So I think Button, but what do you think?
Old 29 Aug 2003, 17:54 (Ref:702920)   #2
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Webber, Webber, Webber !
Old 29 Aug 2003, 18:29 (Ref:702938)   #3
esorniloc
Veteran

esorniloc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why can't Montoya keep the seat, this is stupid to say that he is going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 29 Aug 2003, 18:42 (Ref:702946)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think its already mooted that he wants to change. Yes it would be good for him to stay but I don't think Sir Frank would pay the dosh. Ralf's salary is probably underwritten by BMW and I don't know of a Colombian Sponsor so bring back Jense.

Webber would be good too but would he leave a team that (by that time) is built solely around him?
Old 29 Aug 2003, 19:10 (Ref:702967)   #5
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Webber would be good ,what about Wirdheim??
Old 29 Aug 2003, 19:13 (Ref:702970)   #6
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'd rpefer to see Wilson in a top drive than Button, good though jenson is.

Alonso high be the ideal from Frank's perspective, but it depends on how well Renault do in 2004.

Names like Bourdais and Wirdheim can't be overlooked - Frank's gambles on rookie drivers are frequent, and almost always successful
Old 29 Aug 2003, 19:35 (Ref:702982)   #7
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, and there's a young driver that already feels at home there...
Old 29 Aug 2003, 20:10 (Ref:703010)   #8
CleanTone
Racer

Romania
Colentina
CleanTone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
button is obviously not coming back unles wins wdc next year. I believe it' s gonna be a young gun(have no idea which one). Maybe Rosberg, maybe Asmer???, maybe Wirdheim(hmmm, not that plausible though), no Bourdais
Old 29 Aug 2003, 20:28 (Ref:703022)   #9
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber or Fisichella

(though Pantano or Bourdais in a Williams would be great to see )
Old 29 Aug 2003, 20:31 (Ref:703025)   #10
esorniloc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by x_dt
Webber or Fisichella

(though Pantano or Bourdais in a Williams would be great to see )
There is no way that Pantano is good enough for F1 let alone a top line drive with Williams. He has spent 3 years in F3000 and hasn't won it, which shows he will struggle in F1.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 22:12 (Ref:703075)   #11
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Let's be sensible - by the time 2005 comes around, nobody will remember this thread.
Old 29 Aug 2003, 22:16 (Ref:703079)   #12
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nelsinho!!!!
Old 29 Aug 2003, 23:35 (Ref:703101)   #13
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber.
Old 30 Aug 2003, 00:17 (Ref:703106)   #14
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If Jaguar allow Webber to show his true ability he will be a front runner
Old 30 Aug 2003, 01:02 (Ref:703123)   #15
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
No ! not Webber not in a Williams (even if I do think Webber & Ralf would the best pairing ), I think Mark will be a front runner in the Jag by then anyway in a new top 5 team format

Button would be good as my pick or Wilson
Old 30 Aug 2003, 02:54 (Ref:703145)   #16
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Webber
I think Mark will be a front runner in the Jag by then anyway in a new top 5 team format
This my friends, is what an optimist sounds like.

With current form, how the names Button, Wilson, Wurz, Heidfeld, Rosberg, Bourdais, Wirdheim, Pantano or Bourdais would be mentioned before Alonso and Webber I'll never understand. Any top team would have a close eye at stealing these 2.

That said, we have no idea what 2004 holds. The current hero's could fall from grace, and a new 'Alonso/Webber' performance could come from someone else.

And Montoya is going anywhere just yet. I have no doubt he will be looking at which car is the better performer before making such a massive career move.

It's hard enough to see what 2004 holds, let alone 2005.
Old 30 Aug 2003, 03:40 (Ref:703158)   #17
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jaguar will have been 2 complete management reshuffles by then, will be unrecognisable again.

Webber will likely be pished off by the end of next season with the whole Jaguar thing.

Why pished off? Cosworth will remain a midpack runner power-wise, and blow ups will still be a big risk. The team will select a paydriver teammate and wont be getting any development support from him. Car failures in components continue. Mark is 1-1.5 seconds a lap better than the car is.
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 30 Aug 2003, 06:00 (Ref:703180)   #18
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Once any team starts talking about cutting costs, especially with as big a company as FORD calling the shots, then I think the chances of improvement are nil.
Old 30 Aug 2003, 06:29 (Ref:703186)   #19
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
18 posts into this thread and no mention of JVil yet? Can't have that!
Old 30 Aug 2003, 07:10 (Ref:703195)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Whoooooooooooooo?
Old 30 Aug 2003, 07:25 (Ref:703205)   #21
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
DC back in the Williams for 2005,that could be his year then
Old 30 Aug 2003, 07:48 (Ref:703209)   #22
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who's to say JPM is even leaving Williams?

Personally, I don't see Button getting the call, although you never know I suppose. But I think Dave Richards will try and keep him.

Other than that, Sir FW could go for someone like Webber, who comes across as a very workmanlike driver in his performances. Perhaps FW will see a bit of Alan Jones in him...
Old 30 Aug 2003, 08:14 (Ref:703213)   #23
Rossi # 46
Racer

Rossi # 46 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well, if Montoya goes to McLaren my guess is we might have a surprise in the Williams seat.

My picks...James Courtney or Helio Castronevis.

BMW and williams dont beleive in paying their drivers high salaries, which is why i beleive we will see some new blood placed in this seat.
Old 30 Aug 2003, 10:13 (Ref:703261)   #24
esorniloc
Veteran

What about Bruno Junqueira?

He was a Williams test driver and went to Ganassi as JPM's replacement. Is he still under Williams contract?
Old 30 Aug 2003, 11:32 (Ref:703297)   #25
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jaguar won't become a top team until they become wiling to invest more, and get some stability. if Wilson goes for 2004, it sets a very bad impression to the outside world that they won't stick with anyone for any length of time. For that reasn, Webber mgiht be wise to consider the Williams psot, if he's offered it.