Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Aug 2003, 14:42 (Ref:703382)   #26
Redlake27
Racer

Redlake27 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Fisichella on a one year contract if Ferrari don't have him. He will be about the best available,and although it was a long time agoat Jordan,was more regularly a Ralf-beater than Montoya ever has been,so he is a known quantity for Williams.

But by the end of 2005,I think the driver market will be even more open so there will be a lot of one year contracts,unless teams have a star secured.....eg: Kimi
Old 30 Aug 2003, 15:45 (Ref:703404)   #27
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is _so_ many possibilities!...

I think Webber and Jenson are top canditates, but theres many... Alonso, Wilson, Bourdais, Wirdheim, Karthekiyan, Heidfeld, Massa and so many others... Maybe theres even a brand new star then?...
Old 30 Aug 2003, 16:03 (Ref:703413)   #28
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Fisichella, if he's not in a top drive. Otherwise, I agree, Webber...
Old 30 Aug 2003, 17:16 (Ref:703449)   #29
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think Webber is more likely to stay at Jag. He reportedly had an offer from Williams earlier this year but favoured Jag. That team will be built around him and could be a frontrunner soon.

Fisichella could be at Ferrari and, even if he isn't, may want to stay at Sauber for another year to try and get a seat there.

Alonso you'd assume would be fighting for titles with Renault.

No, for me it's either Montoya stays or Button comes in.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 03:47 (Ref:703770)   #30
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
He reportedly had an offer from Williams earlier this year but favoured Jag.
Well, if true that would mean his Managers skills are lessor then his driving. Sounds like BS to me, do you have a source or quote on that one, or even a seat?
Old 31 Aug 2003, 10:17 (Ref:703917)   #31
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The next three races will provide a better idea as to who is a chance out of Fisichella, Button and Webber
Old 31 Aug 2003, 12:08 (Ref:703958)   #32
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fizzy and Webber have both a contract for 2005, Button hasn't (only a contract for next year, and BAR has an option for another 2 years). Button is in the better seat, he is propably cheaper to get, quick, young, uncle Frank likes him and ... he is British. And the most major contracts (DC, Rubens, JPM) will end at the end of next season, while the contracts Fizzy and Webber finish one year after that.

Last edited by Daisy; 31 Aug 2003 at 12:11.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 12:21 (Ref:703970)   #33
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Yes Wrex but remember you heard it here first
Old 31 Aug 2003, 12:37 (Ref:703981)   #34
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
Well, if true that would mean his Managers skills are lessor then his driving. Sounds like BS to me, do you have a source or quote on that one, or even a seat?
Correction. I was going from memory. He didn't specifically say Williams I don't think, but it was definitely a top four team that he turned down. Whether it was a testing role or a race seat I can't remember but I remember he said he was determined to be a part of a successful Jaguar future and that he wanted to help build the team up. He said he felt he would be wasting his and the teams hard work if he moved away now.

I'll have a look for the quote somewhere in my mountainous pile of motorsports magazines! He definitely said something along those lines!
Old 31 Aug 2003, 13:44 (Ref:703999)   #35
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!

Well if it was a Wurz style top 4 seat he made a smart decision then did'nt he. I really think any drive is better than a test drive. It did worked for Panis (and Alonso but that was a little different) but it is a risky move.

Unless you out of options (Panis) and have a race seat set in concrete the year after (Alonso) it's a loser. By the time the silly season starts the team managers are handing cheques to the latest hot rookie.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 21:24 (Ref:704279)   #36
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to see Button back at Willaims, to finish what he'd started there.
Button has what it takes to win the WDC and i think in the right car it could happen.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 00:37 (Ref:704404)   #37
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by corkholio
18 posts into this thread and no mention of JVil yet? Can't have that!
You know sometimes I swear that cork is the biggest in-the-closet Villeneuve fan! He can't help bringing up his name even when he hasn't been mentioned in a thread!

Nonetheless I will have to remedy the point you make by saying: "VILLENEUVE WDC IN 2005!!!!!!!!!!"

Hey the way it's looking right now all I've got are my dreams so shhhhhh
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 00:43 (Ref:704405)   #38
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Your right Teddy, he does protest a little too much
Old 1 Sep 2003, 06:45 (Ref:704497)   #39
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am with wrex on this one. Threads talking about 2005 are a bit pointless at the moment. Not everyone is confirmed for 2004 yet, and I think a lot will depend on 2004 car/driver pace which as of yet we know nothing about. There are some good names waiting in the F3 wings who with an extra year could become the next Alonso, or Kimi, or even worse Alonso could have a really bad year and make 2003 look like a lucky year ?? who knows ? and thats my point this thread makes assumptions based on how 2003 is going (its not even finished yet) pretty tough to start a proper debate on 2005 with this information, although I do appriciate how hard it is to start a thread like this on 2004 with most of the seats locked down.

Why not wait until closer the time for the 2005 predictions.

By the way Irvine will be in Williams 2005
Old 1 Sep 2003, 16:15 (Ref:704899)   #40
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well it does seem increasingly likely that Juan is leaving, hence the reason for this thread. And you can usually make a pretty good rough guess.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 22:09 (Ref:705156)   #41
herowassenna
Veteran

herowassenna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One name no-one has mentioned, but who has had a test drive of a Williams last winter is Vittantonio Liuzzi.
Isn't he the 2001 World Kart Champion, 2002 German F3 Champion and an extremely promising F3000 driver this year...just a thought...
Since when has Frank ever cared about a driver being British? Mansell and Hill were both Champions and he got rid of them!
JB in a Williams? Nah, i don't think so, he proved he wasn't good enough against Ralf, Fisi and Jarno. OK so he's beaten JV, but then again JV isn't all that!!!
Old 1 Sep 2003, 22:26 (Ref:705166)   #42
Raven
Veteran

England
Raven should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Junqueira's the man for the job.

Position filled.
Old 2 Sep 2003, 10:03 (Ref:705493)   #43
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
With JPM at McLaren (not a bad decision as that's when the Paragon-designed Mac should come out), DC will be out a drive, so he'll be looking for a swap, or maybe Ferrari. No point in him looking elsewhere.
Barrichello could be moving across by then too, and the other 2 names on the list are Fisi and Webber. Button - he's on a long term contract at BAR, and with BAR approving and Daddy Richards looking after him so well; not much point in moving based on current form
Old 2 Sep 2003, 12:11 (Ref:705598)   #44
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: 2005 Williams seat available?

I like to see Webber, Bourdais, or Wirdheim, as Williams's driver.

But, I prefer Montoya to stay...