Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Aug 2003, 22:46 (Ref:704340)   #1
vatuloa
Racer

vatuloa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Next Best

Given you have 4 super teams the other six teams are all targeting 9 spot or 5th spot in the constructors championship. Both Webber and Button have both said they are aiming for it.
Old 31 Aug 2003, 23:07 (Ref:704353)   #2
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its probably Toyota overall, although BAR and AJguar are a close second
Old 31 Aug 2003, 23:35 (Ref:704375)   #3
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Should lead to some good racing lower down the order aswell then as there's 3 of them in very close contention! Should be interesting!
Old 31 Aug 2003, 23:43 (Ref:704381)   #4
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Hmm, are we talking drivers championship or Constructors?

I watched an interview with Jenson Button yesterday where he stated his one goal in the last 3 races is to beat Mark Webber. I recall Webber saying something similar. Are these 2 friends, as it seemed a healthy happy rivalry?

I think points are going to be tough in these last 3 races, the top 4 are both fast and Bullet proof at the moment, and have their own problems and goals.

I think Webber will pull off 9th in WDC, BAR will get 5th in Constructors. At this point they are tied for 5th on points, the position going to Jag on countback (I think).
Old 1 Sep 2003, 00:05 (Ref:704392)   #5
The Lounge King
Rookie

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
The Lounge King should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I say Webber for 9th, and because of Webber, Jag 5th.

BAR still seem to be having to many dnf's. You can't rule Toyota out, but as Wrex said, points for "the rest" are gonna be hard to come by.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 00:36 (Ref:704403)   #6
vatuloa
Racer

Points go to 8th and as WREX said the top 4 teams 8 drivers ave proving very reliable and they are a lot faster than the 5th placed team. This will mean that a lot of luck with be involved for the 9th position for driver and the 5th position for the team
Old 1 Sep 2003, 04:07 (Ref:704444)   #7
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Webber 9th,but i think Toyota might finish 5th
Old 1 Sep 2003, 07:15 (Ref:704509)   #8
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Webber 9th ,Jag 5th
Old 1 Sep 2003, 07:43 (Ref:704538)   #9
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber is a better driver than Button, no risk, and despite the gains made by BAR this season due in no small part to Button, Webber is a more solid contender and doesn't have a high profile team mate like JV to deal with.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 1 Sep 2003, 08:04 (Ref:704557)   #10
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The tires will decide it.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 10:36 (Ref:704683)   #11
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Webber 9th & Toyota 5th.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 10:53 (Ref:704696)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree with jetsetter, the Jag still doesnt have a strong #2 driver, and Mark cant accumulate enough points to cover the 2 Toyotas....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 1 Sep 2003, 11:59 (Ref:704738)   #13
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BAR are only dragged down by Jacques' bad luck and the Bridgestone tyres. In terms of staff, driving skill and technical efficiency, they are generally still ahead of Toyota and Jaguar.

If the Michaelin tyre situation causes problems, tehy could be in palce to push for surpriae late-season podiums.

Actually, I think Jenson's comment that he intends to challenge for the 2004 title is interesting - suggesting how much BAR beleive the Michelin teams will suffer.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 15:06 (Ref:704847)   #14
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button is an awesome spokesperson, he says all the right things. I know he is devastated that he is not in a Renault at this point of the season. He knows he could have given Alonso a run for the money. Button is just as fast as Alonso, IMO he makes a few more mistakes though.

BAR must be the most luckless team in F1. It never ceases. The car is good enough to be competitive. Now something else is holding them back. I think Jag will get 5th, Toy 6th and BAR 7th... all this because of tires.

I can only hope that BS comes up with a miracle to keep their runners in the game.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 21:18 (Ref:705111)   #15
vatuloa
Racer

Mark Webbers tyres were gone by lap 17 at Hungary it was more the Chassis setup with the tyres so Jaguar don't have the big advantage with Michelin buthe should takes 9th and I hope Justin Wilson get get some points in one of the next 3 races.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 21:38 (Ref:705125)   #16
Smokey 6 litre
Veteran

England
The Total Perspective Vortex
Smokey 6 litre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Normally in F1 there are two teams at the top (at least in my lifetime) and if another team goes to the top one of those already there has to fall down the order for a while.
But ic ant see Mclaren, Ferrari or Williams allowing themselves to fall down again.
But also the mass-market car manufacturer teams renault, jaguar and Toyota are putting in HUGE resources and i can see them up there in the future, and aslong as all the teams have the right driver they could all be fighting for wins!!!
Button, Wilson and Webber are the best driver out of the 'top 4' and given a competative car they could all be title contenders, i hope anyway.
Old 1 Sep 2003, 22:26 (Ref:705167)   #17
vatuloa
Racer

It's to early to rate Wilson in the top eleven drivers in F1 the Jaguar has the pace to put him up there so lets hope he can show it in the next three races