Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 22 Sep 2006, 04:11 (Ref:1716035)   #1
fullSPEED
Rookie

fullSPEED should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dover 400 and Busch 200 (includes spoilers)

On Sunday, round two of the Chase for the Nextel Cup moves to Dover International Speedway for the Dover 400. Kevin Harvick goes for his third straight win to increase his lead in the standings. He leads rookie Denny Hamlin by 25 points and former champion Matt Kenseth by 41 points. Nine points further back is 4-time champion Jeff Gordon. Behind Gordon in the standings are Jeff Burton, Mark Martin, Dale Earnhardt Jr., Kasey Kahne, Jimmie Johnson and Kyle Busch.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 10:47 (Ref:1716231)   #2
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There will be a new points leader after Dover. Either Jeff Gordon or even possibly Mark Martin.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 14:52 (Ref:1716425)   #3
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
kingfloopy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should be interesting, here's hoping Mark Martin runs well. It would be amazing if he won the championship in his final year. It'd be really funny if he didn't win a race. What would NASCAR do to the points system then?

J.D.
Old 22 Sep 2006, 23:14 (Ref:1716778)   #4
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeff Gordon on the pole. Haervick is starting back in 29th, I believe.
Old 23 Sep 2006, 21:09 (Ref:1717274)   #5
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The 200 Busch race just finished.

A new record for cautions at Dover, something like 13! That is too much!

A win for Clint Bowyer then, he made the low line work for him and he was incredibly quick when it mattered and weathered the late restart. He had an exciting battle with Matt Kenseth for a while as they both ran different lines, Clint eventually edging ahead and making the break despite some difficult traffic.

Sorenson lost it over the line and smashed into the wall backwards, still got sixth place though!
Old 24 Sep 2006, 00:26 (Ref:1717363)   #6
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
Wow Harvick is now 699 points in the lead of the Busch series. I'd say the championship is pretty well locked up. Maybe he could take a few weeks off to relax and let everyone catch up?

J.D.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 14:28 (Ref:1717626)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some hope!
Old 24 Sep 2006, 14:43 (Ref:1717638)   #8
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Geez. Thats for putting Dover 200 spoilers in the DOVER 400 THREAD!

DAAAAMN YOU KNOWLESY!

Actually, becuase I am going to watch the 400 live, I thought 'I can either watch the coverage, and have the stupid jackass comentars go and "now we'll asume you've watched the Busch Race so here's the result..."'

Or I could just check in the thread.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 24 Sep 2006 at 14:48. Reason: Incorrect spelling of my name...mwahahahaha!
Old 24 Sep 2006, 14:49 (Ref:1717644)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

I did think about editing the title....but nah.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 15:37 (Ref:1717679)   #10
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
Oops, I guess I didn't think about the spoilers either.

J.D.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 15:44 (Ref:1717684)   #11
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
So, should I put a spoiler on today's race for those that don't watch it until later.
Old 24 Sep 2006, 15:54 (Ref:1717689)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Title edited, so we can relax now!
Old 24 Sep 2006, 16:52 (Ref:1717717)   #13
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
everytime i watch a busch race, it seems they seem to set new records for cautions...

to the big and long time nascar fans, in cup has there ever been a race that you know of that never had a caution period?
Old 24 Sep 2006, 16:59 (Ref:1717721)   #14
Erki
Racer

Estonia
Tartu, Estonia
Erki has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke
everytime i watch a busch race, it seems they seem to set new records for cautions...

to the big and long time nascar fans, in cup has there ever been a race that you know of that never had a caution period?
Michigan 1999(I think) Cup race was a caution free race. There have been about 3 or so caution free Cup races.

Is this for real that Viasat Sport 3 wants to show some idiots throwing some ball with hands and calling it "american football"??? Grrrrrrrr... Who cares about NFLwhatsoever?! This is disgrace!

I AM ANGRY!!!!
Old 24 Sep 2006, 17:58 (Ref:1717745)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Well Kasey Kahne got caught in someone else's accident early on, so that's bad news!

Last edited by Knowlesy; 24 Sep 2006 at 18:08.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 01:48 (Ref:1718045)   #16
kingfloopy
Veteran

United States
Iowa, USA
Good job to Burton on winning today and taking over the points lead. It was only a matter of time before he won another race as good as he's been this year. It's really great to see it finally happen again after 5 years. Wouldn't be amazing if he won the championship? Too bad for Harvick on losing an engine, but he's not too far out yet and Johnson gained some ground back, but still needs to push hard to make it all up.

J.D.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 02:31 (Ref:1718058)   #17
Cambo
Rookie

Australia
Melbourne
Cambo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
As far as I can remember wasn’t Talladega in 2001 caution free? Bobby Hamilton won the race IIRC.

Edit: Just checked it all out on NASCAR.com and:

Official Race Results

Talladega 500 | Talladega Superspeedway

April 22, 2001 | Race 9 of 36

Average Speed: 184.003 mph
Margin of Victory: .163 Time of Race: 02:43:04
Lead Changes: 37

Cautions: 0

Bobby Hamilton did win in the Sqaure D Chevrolet.

Last edited by Cambo; 25 Sep 2006 at 02:32. Reason: new info
Old 25 Sep 2006, 09:34 (Ref:1718222)   #18
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cambo
As far as I can remember wasn’t Talladega in 2001 caution free? Bobby Hamilton won the race IIRC.

Edit: Just checked it all out on NASCAR.com and:

Official Race Results

Talladega 500 | Talladega Superspeedway

April 22, 2001 | Race 9 of 36

Average Speed: 184.003 mph
Margin of Victory: .163 Time of Race: 02:43:04
Lead Changes: 37

Cautions: 0

Bobby Hamilton did win in the Sqaure D Chevrolet.
Aye that was some race - Hamilton almost collapsed after getting out of the car due to the heat and the intense mental pressure that had come with racing non-stop without getting some cautions as breathers.

On a side note I miss that Square D Chevy and the whole Andy Petree team.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 10:37 (Ref:1718276)   #19
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
Guess you know that Bobby Hamilton is undergoing treatment for cancer.

Back to the Dover race. It was sad to see Kahne get taken out of the race so early. That is one aspect of the chase that I don't like. The point system for the final 10 races almost eliminates a driver if they have 1 DNF.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 14:47 (Ref:1719353)   #20
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Man what a race!!!!

Talk about dropping the Ball:
DEI with the Number 8 car
Kenseth with the fuel.
Kahne with the badluck.

Great work Jeff Burton.
Old 25 Sep 2006, 14:48 (Ref:1719355)   #21
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Oh, and RCR with the engines. Great work. (Not)

Man its like all the Chase contenders had a bad run...
Old 27 Sep 2006, 06:40 (Ref:1720910)   #22
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow, I just watched the highlights of the Busch and Cup races, awesome, the last 50 or so with Bowyer winning, and the last 20 or so with Burton winning, for once the drivers I wanted to win did, both of them thouroughly (sp) deserved it, I was on the the edge of my seat at the end of both of them

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 27 Sep 2006, 19:29 (Ref:1721449)   #23
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It made the endless yellow flags worth it!