Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 4 Jun 2011, 23:38 (Ref:2891257)   #51
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I still cant believe I called it more than Five Hours before the penalty has been handed out (well currently under appeal).

To the SRO, FIA, Nissan and all of its supporters:
Old 4 Jun 2011, 23:40 (Ref:2891258)   #52
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mind you that it is FIA not SRO that does scrutineering... ;-)
Old 5 Jun 2011, 02:53 (Ref:2891287)   #53
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
BINGO! Young Driver AMR and Hexis excluded for a rear wing infringement #23 JRM gets the victory.
What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
Please tell me you are kidding, why the heck wasnt Nissan excluded for a similar issue at Algarve?
Damn straight. Mind you this is the FIA we are talking about, remember how they treated K plus K and GLPK?
Old 5 Jun 2011, 03:56 (Ref:2891294)   #54
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MitchZ06 View Post
Andy the new one on the site links back to an older one...
Dam, very sorry about that, now updated, but probably little use now
Old 5 Jun 2011, 04:05 (Ref:2891296)   #55
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
What?

Damn straight. Mind you this is the FIA we are talking about, remember how they treated K plus K and GLPK?
How dare you question it, Nissan won because the Datsun Pick Up Truck godzillamobile is the greatest supercar in the world!
Old 5 Jun 2011, 04:45 (Ref:2891302)   #56
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b View Post
Dam, very sorry about that, now updated, but probably little use now
All good Andy, I'm just glad someone does them. This might also be a bit frustrating but they didnt use the red wheels in the race
Old 5 Jun 2011, 07:34 (Ref:2891330)   #57
Andy77
Veteran

Andy77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r View Post
BINGO! Young Driver AMR and Hexis excluded for a rear wing infringement #23 JRM gets the victory.
It never fails to amaze how cars that obviously passed the scrutineering before they even hit the track suddenly causing infringements when they are successful
Old 5 Jun 2011, 07:52 (Ref:2891339)   #58
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
And there's been an appeal, and shockingly, the decision was overturned, the original results stand.

http://twitter.com/#!/planetlemans/s...80694463762432
Old 5 Jun 2011, 08:02 (Ref:2891346)   #59
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To be more specific than on Twitter.

Cars were excluded because the rear wing did not fit in the gauge that is used in scrutineering. Turned out that not the rear wings were wrong, but the gauge.
So results went back to what they were.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 09:22 (Ref:2891368)   #60
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
You are kidding?! They scrutineered with the wrong template?

LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 5 Jun 2011, 09:30 (Ref:2891372)   #61
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
The right gauge for an Aston Martin...just an incorrectly produced gauge it seems. ;-)
Old 5 Jun 2011, 09:30 (Ref:2891373)   #62
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Could not believe the appalling driving I witnessed in those first few corners of yesterday's race.It looked like several of the Nissan's only had one clear intention..... ram Turner's Aston off the track at any cost!

His car was wrecked before they even got onto the Wellington Straight......quite bizzare, like banger racing!

Can't wait to see the start of this afternoon's race!
Old 5 Jun 2011, 10:01 (Ref:2891387)   #63
marcosgt
Racer

England
UK
marcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmarcosgt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looked pretty lairy on TV (I was on the pit straight at the start), but I wonder if Brabham got a bump from behind?

Anyway, I was only there yesterday, but it was a pretty good day (nice and sunny, if a bit blowy, most of the time) with some good races.

GT1 was quite an interesting race despite a thin field and the GT3s and GT4s were nice big fields with lots of good dicing (first GT4 race was probably the best of the day for me).

The circuit loudspeakers, though, were a joke. Even without cars on the track at many places you had to strain to hear them even standing right in front of them. Oddly, they were fine some places, but come on Silverstone, you spent gazillions on the new pits, but there's no audible commentary around 2/3rds of the circuit!!!

On a related topic, I decided after yesterday to go back for the 6 hour race and went to book online. Sunday ticket is £25 on the day or £23 + £3 handling from the website...

OK, so Silverstone want me to PAY an extra £1 to commit in advance to turning up on the day, whatever the weather...? Yeah, right...

What ARE they thinking??? If they want a big crowd on the day make the advance tickets £5 cheaper!!! I would've bought one, now I'll see what the weather forecast is before I leave home!

M
Old 5 Jun 2011, 10:19 (Ref:2891405)   #64
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
To follow on from the first GT1 race criticism, it is indeed silly for 4 cars to be out of the running on lap 1 when the field is that small.

I'm assuming the Nissan rammed the Aston and the Ford and Lambo went off in avoidance?

How did Turner's car get that badly damaged from a punt at the rear. How hard did he hit him???!!!

Altold one of the most boring GT1 races i've seen at the circuit. Real shame because we had some classics nearly ever year in the past.

I agree the GT3 and GT4 races were pretty good, those Merc are very odd looking aren't they?!! The new 458 is a smashing car though, truly wonderful,
Old 5 Jun 2011, 10:25 (Ref:2891409)   #65
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
I'm assuming the Nissan rammed the Aston and the Ford and Lambo went off in avoidance?

How did Turner's car get that badly damaged from a punt at the rear. How hard did he hit him???!!!
When he was spun around (shaking his fist at the SumoPower car that hit him) the rear got swiped by the JRM GTR coming around behind him and thats what damaged the rear and took the JRM car out of the race (iirc).
Old 5 Jun 2011, 10:50 (Ref:2891421)   #66
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GT3 drivers thinking they are in GT1 by the looks of it.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 11:28 (Ref:2891433)   #67
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
Pretty rough crash for that Merc, tapped from behind by the looks of it. Dont really get why they cant just slow down and ease off on the starts....
Old 5 Jun 2011, 11:28 (Ref:2891434)   #68
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Danny_GT2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great battle for 4th in GT3 atm!
Old 5 Jun 2011, 11:58 (Ref:2891442)   #69
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
What a race!! 7 cars battling for 5th at one point & a last lap pass for the lead! Hoevert Vos' celebration was epic & got a video of it which I'll post up later when it processes!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQSpF7CcV34

Last edited by Danny_GT2; 5 Jun 2011 at 12:10. Reason: embedded video
Old 5 Jun 2011, 12:05 (Ref:2891445)   #70
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny_GT2 View Post
What a race!! 7 cars battling for 5th at one point & a last lap pass for the lead! Hoevert Vos' celebration was epic & got a video of it which I'll post up later when it processes!
A tremendous battle, that'll go down as a classic for a GT3 race of all time surely, shame it wasn't for the lead!
Old 5 Jun 2011, 14:07 (Ref:2891484)   #71
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Mucke needs to be banned from this series WTF is he thinking?
Old 5 Jun 2011, 14:07 (Ref:2891485)   #72
helgi
Veteran

Russian Federation
Sergiev Posad, Moscow Region, Russian Fe
helgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridhelgi should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Absolutely arcade game. I'm sure this was made for an advertising.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 14:09 (Ref:2891486)   #73
Danny_GT2
Veteran

Ireland
Lucan, Ireland
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Mucke needs to be banned from this series WTF is he thinking?
Absolute disgrace, childs play that was! It's fair enough to be annoyed that the other driver took you out but trying to get revenge by crashing into him?? That could've went horribly wrong & if it did, god knows what would've happened to Mucke!
Old 5 Jun 2011, 14:18 (Ref:2891490)   #74
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This race has been cleaner than yesterdays but still someone needs to have a word with the drivers, the driving is ridiculous. I used to love GT1, it was the class that got me interested in sportscars back in 2005 but this really is just a richmans demolition derby now.

Infact i take it all back, ban them all this really is joke driving.
Old 5 Jun 2011, 14:18 (Ref:2891491)   #75
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
I bet Mucke (or any other drivers) would be happy to be banned from the FIA Kindergarten World Championship. That was bloody stupid stuff from Mucke, but perhaps if the FIA actually *gasp* penalised the Nissans for agressive driving incidents like that wouldnt happen. Its just like NASCAR now.

Brilliant GT3 race with clean, great driving by young and gentlemen drivers and now this by Pro drivers.