Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 13 Jun 2011, 22:26 (Ref:2898436)   #26
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audi Racer View Post
ACtually this isnt true. I know your thinking about the Onboard footage from tehe new 908(yes that sounds very loud.. but the sound coming from the onboard footage isn't the engine sound. Its a rather weird phenomena. The reall teller of the sound is when the camera was on the pit straight and the Peugeot went by and it just sounded like a whisper. The on board footage sounds like some kind of tractor and that isnt the sound of the 908.
Countless members have said the car makes a noise. I'll add my name to that list. It's MUCH louder than last year's car. The end.

It will be interesting to see if anything is done about the lights. They do give improved visibility but they also seem like a marketing tool as much as anything. Richard Westbrook tweeted after the race complaining about the brightness.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 00:43 (Ref:2898504)   #27
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Countless members have said the car makes a noise. I'll add my name to that list. It's MUCH louder than last year's car. The end.

It will be interesting to see if anything is done about the lights. They do give improved visibility but they also seem like a marketing tool as much as anything. Richard Westbrook tweeted after the race complaining about the brightness.
I dont think the brightness will be an issue next year. Te gt cars will come back with mirrors that have a coat that dims the brightness. Its common road car technology actually.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 00:44 (Ref:2898506)   #28
Audi Racer
Veteran

United States
Audi Racer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post

Low sound from the diesel engine. All engeins make sound thats a fact. What i am saying is that the Diesels make very little sound.... Theres a better chance of hearing a petrol powered P1 than a Diesel P1. So no it's not The End.
Old 14 Jun 2011, 01:14 (Ref:2898514)   #29
MitchZ06
Veteran

New Zealand
Australia
MitchZ06 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It IS the end. Why? Sound makes no difference in knowing a car is coming up behind you (other than maybe a early GT1 C6.R) and yes you possibly could hear a car coming past you but with a helmet, balaclava and earplugs on a driver cant hear anything other than his own car. Race cars are usually stripped right out with little to no sound insulation, you can test how loud this is by getting a small box and putting a headphone in it (close the box once you've done this) and playing some music or if you've got it, engine sounds. Wrap it in cotton wool and see how loud that is, take the wool out and see how loud your box becomes. Thats basically how it is for a driver...

And I'll agree with the others, the 908 is louder than last year and does sound like a truck.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 07:41 (Ref:2902221)   #30
Pandamasque
Veteran

Ukraine
Kyiv, Ukraine
Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!Pandamasque has a real shot at the podium!
I don't think (lack of) noise had anything to do with the accidents. It seems that the drivers of petrol cars can't hear other cars anyway, unless the opponents are very close with the exhaust pointing at them.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 12:10 (Ref:2902354)   #31
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Even in the Audi itself the engine noise, induction noise and tyre road noise added to the padding of helmet and balaclava drown out the noise of other cars, with the possible exception of the Corvette alongside you.
Old 20 Jun 2011, 18:09 (Ref:2902494)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Just a reminder that this thread is about SOUND - not lights or visibility.