Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 25 Mar 2017, 07:06 (Ref:3721345)   #26
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
He is better with Morgans because they still look like they were made before 1955.....
That Steyr does look interesting, although the badge is a bit out of proportion!
Mike if I could spot the Steyr logo its because our friend's picture is quite good. I wonder if the badge looks out of proportion because the car is so tiny or for some other reason!
Old 25 Mar 2017, 07:14 (Ref:3721346)   #27
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Robert mon Ami the reference to underwear is because I just discovered you have a company involved in racing suits named Lille, same name as a large french town. Not very far from Jean's location!
May be you have a typo: French like to drink in brasseries should may be changed to French like to be drunk in brasseries…

Please do inquire about Willie's wonder please. Want to surprise him? Just ask why the Steyr has a soft top instead of a metal one…
Old 25 Mar 2017, 07:22 (Ref:3721349)   #28
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Robert mon Ami the reference to underwear is because I just discovered you have a company involved in racing suits named Lille, same name as a large french town. Not very far from Jean's location!
May be you have a typo: French like to drink in brasseries should may be changed to French like to be drunk in brasseries…

Please do inquire about Willie's wonder please. Want to surprise him? Just ask why the Steyr has a soft top instead of a metal one…
Gerard, at least French people don't get drunk in the street like the English! However, there was a shooting in Lille last night. Just local criminals settling scores apparently.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 07:37 (Ref:3721357)   #29
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I saw the Lille thing John. Sadly may be we could get use to that in a while unfortunately.
As to bauble may be I didn't understand correctly. He is smart enough to write on purpose "brassieres" as he did instead of "brasseries"… Only you can tell !
Old 25 Mar 2017, 08:03 (Ref:3721361)   #30
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This whole conversation is out of control! I post a picture of an obscure old Fiat and it has developed into an international hunt for more information.

Who the heck cares?

Come on chaps is life so deadly dull for you all that such trivia must dominate your waking hours (you probably spend your sleeping hours dreaming about it to)

I shall have to carefully consider my position regarding posting further pictures on site.

Gerard, while I am not well versed in French drinking habits I do know the difference between ladies underwear and drinking dens.

I am wondering about going to a car boot sale today and perhaps buying a couple.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 08:56 (Ref:3721369)   #31
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Gerard, while I am not well versed in French drinking habits I do know the difference between ladies underwear and drinking dens.
Sure Robert.
But… you know those days ……… OK some have not to be remembered!
Old 25 Mar 2017, 09:17 (Ref:3721371)   #32
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
This whole conversation is out of control! I post a picture of an obscure old Fiat and it has developed into an international hunt for more information.

Who the heck cares?

Come on chaps is life so deadly dull for you all that such trivia must dominate your waking hours (you probably spend your sleeping hours dreaming about it to)

I shall have to carefully consider my position regarding posting further pictures on site.

I am wondering about going to a car boot sale today and perhaps buying a couple.

I always knew you could tell your pints from your pants, Bob.

Good luck with finding some boots that fit you.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 11:25 (Ref:3721393)   #33
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Morning Bob

A brief description as follows :

Steyr Puch 500 S *year 1968

modifications:

Capacity increased to 660 cc
Number 5 camshaft for more torque

Front disc brakes fitted.

13 inch wheels & tyres.

Please will you send me the photo of the car.

Looking forward to Tuesday 4th.

Willie
Old 25 Mar 2017, 11:35 (Ref:3721394)   #34
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Merci Robert, c'est très gentil de transmettre!
When you ask "who the heck cares" about your pic, you got an answer: at least Willie does care! Me too. Probably his car is capable of speeds up to 71 and may be 76,23 depending on wind conditions!! You can't imagine the kind of modifications Italians propose for this really nice "pot de yaourt"!
Old 27 Mar 2017, 09:25 (Ref:3721815)   #35
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
What is the relevance of the Fiat 500 ?

I know there's a race for English **** boxes, but not Italian ones ?
Old 27 Mar 2017, 09:56 (Ref:3721831)   #36
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
What is the relevance of the Fiat 500 ?

I know there's a race for English **** boxes, but not Italian ones ?
See previous post regarding relevance.
Old 27 Mar 2017, 15:54 (Ref:3721897)   #37
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
60th Anniversary. Having a parade on the weekend of the Classic.

Joe, I'll try and be a bit more helpful! See above.....
Old 28 Mar 2017, 07:27 (Ref:3722070)   #38
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I thought It might be something like that, a bit more clutter about the place
Old 28 Mar 2017, 10:02 (Ref:3722113)   #39
bauble
Veteran

England
Now if it were Lambrettas ..........
Old 28 Mar 2017, 10:38 (Ref:3722123)   #40
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Now if it were Lambrettas ..........

Fiat have just announced a Special Edition 500 to mark the 60th Anniversary.

Hopefully there will be some of those at Silverstone too as it would help fill up all that empty space...
Old 28 Mar 2017, 17:54 (Ref:3722221)   #41
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Jean, if they need to fill up that great a space I hope many many "pots de yaourt" will show up…
Do you think that to be period and performance correct, the officials will use hourglass instead of stop watch? Or may be a calendar…
Old 29 Mar 2017, 12:07 (Ref:3722409)   #42
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Or Migrating swallows.

you can get 6 LAmbrettas in a car space. I can get 10 in a lock up
Old 29 Mar 2017, 12:58 (Ref:3722416)   #43
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Or Migrating swallows.

you can get 6 LAmbrettas in a car space. I can get 10 in a lock up
The last time I used the words 'Lambretta' and 'Lock-up' in a sentence it was explaining why I had a hole in my jacket elbow!
Old 29 Mar 2017, 15:16 (Ref:3722450)   #44
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Or Migrating swallows.
What do you mean? African or European swallows?
Old 29 Mar 2017, 15:26 (Ref:3722451)   #45
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
What do you mean? African or European swallows?
I didn't understand the analogy either.
Old 29 Mar 2017, 15:44 (Ref:3722455)   #46
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
My ref' comes from the bridge keeper (Monty Python). Its not all about 500's speed ! I wonder when bauble will shoot us for this. May be he's preparing something about side cars??
Old 29 Mar 2017, 15:53 (Ref:3722457)   #47
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
My ref' comes from the bridge keeper (Monty Python). Its not all about 500's speed ! I wonder when bauble will shoot us for this. May be he's preparing something about side cars??
Ah, I'm not very familiar with Monty Python

...and talking of speed, Ten Tenths' clock doesn't seem to have caught up with Summer Time yet.