Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Dec 2016, 14:29 (Ref:3698274)   #1
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Best Liveried Race Cars of All Time

This is the opposite to Dyson Mazda's "Worst Liveried Race Cars of All Time" thread you can find here.

Post the best of the best.

I'll get started with, what in my mind, is the best looking prototype of all time, the Lowenbrau 962.

Old 24 Dec 2016, 14:34 (Ref:3698276)   #2
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Where to start?

Gulf might be completely overused now days, but it was awesome back then.

Old 24 Dec 2016, 15:03 (Ref:3698287)   #3
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I was always a fan of Brun's Repsol Porsche.

With some subtle changes to the livery from race to race. Excellent.
Even when he had more Repsol cars in one race, they were never exactly the same.

IMO Brun had some excellent liveries over the years (the Jagermeister car, the Schiesser car, the Hydro Aluminium car, the Torno cars)
Old 24 Dec 2016, 15:15 (Ref:3698290)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The Silk Cut Jags, the Lancia Martinis, Rothmans Porsche, the white Porsches, blue Peugeots and Gulf liveried Ford GT40
Old 24 Dec 2016, 15:48 (Ref:3698296)   #5
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
This is the opposite to Dyson Mazda's "Worst Liveried Race Cars of All Time" thread you can find here.

I'll get started with, what in my mind, is the best looking prototype of all time, the Lowenbrau 962.

Unfortunately, the product advertised on the car is not particularly good...
Old 24 Dec 2016, 16:08 (Ref:3698299)   #6
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
It aint bad.
Old 24 Dec 2016, 16:42 (Ref:3698303)   #7
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Old 24 Dec 2016, 17:10 (Ref:3698306)   #8
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Surprised the Lizard Porsches haven't shown up yet.

And let's not forget Falken.

Several Audi liveries qualify:

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 24 Dec 2016 at 17:34.
Old 24 Dec 2016, 17:15 (Ref:3698308)   #9
Baliwa
Racer

Baliwa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I'd prefer this two called as unofficial BMW Art car lol GSR miku have a really nice livery when they still in BMW

and yes this is my personal favorite, not mention because Mclaren but they're the only one champion from outside Japan on JGTC
Old 24 Dec 2016, 17:31 (Ref:3698310)   #10
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
K-Pax Racing/Flying Lizard liveries are always pretty awesome.

And some of the Dyson liveries are really classic:

Old 24 Dec 2016, 17:32 (Ref:3698312)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Perhaps it's just how iconic the driver is, but I've loved every 43 stp livery, particularly the 70s.

Old 24 Dec 2016, 17:43 (Ref:3698315)   #12
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post

And let's not forget Falken.
I always loved their livery but found their sharks teeth one great! So did my son.

Old 24 Dec 2016, 17:49 (Ref:3698317)   #13
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Because GT1.

Old 24 Dec 2016, 17:54 (Ref:3698318)   #14
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I always loved their livery but found their sharks teeth one great! So did my son.

Livery holds a lot of very good memories for me, because that was the only Petit Le Mans I was ever able to attend, and it all but cleaned out my savings to get there. Seeing Falkenstein take the win was the perfect finish.
Old 24 Dec 2016, 18:16 (Ref:3698321)   #15
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

I really liked the NGT Ferraris from 2015.

Old 24 Dec 2016, 18:23 (Ref:3698322)   #16
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Perhaps it's just how iconic the driver is, but I've loved every 43 stp livery, particularly the 70s.

David Pearson/Wood brothers #21
Old 24 Dec 2016, 18:34 (Ref:3698324)   #17
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Classic Risi.
Old 24 Dec 2016, 18:39 (Ref:3698326)   #18
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Group 44
Old 24 Dec 2016, 18:41 (Ref:3698327)   #19
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
One of my favorite race cars ever.
Old 24 Dec 2016, 19:02 (Ref:3698329)   #20
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Trouble is that many liveries only work if the car is stationary and you are close enough to see the detail or you take a decent picture from trackside with a good lens . What counts to me is the impact with the naked eye when the car is driven in anger. Sports car winner is any works Ferrari in pristine Rosso Corsa - a 312P will do just fine thanks -or the simply gorgeous McLaren M8 in orenge.

All time best? That would be the sublime Brabham BT52 with Gordon Murray design and Peter Stevens Parmalat livery
Old 24 Dec 2016, 19:17 (Ref:3698332)   #21
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post

Yep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Unfortunately, the product advertised on the car is not particularly good...
I think it's pretty good, tastes like Becks. Miller used to make it when they were sponsoring Holbert's car but more recently it was actually made in Germany again. Good luck finding it in the U.S. anymore. I haven't seen it for about 5 years.
Old 24 Dec 2016, 20:17 (Ref:3698336)   #22
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Always liked black and white, like this Lamborghini GT1

And the signature plus Aston Martin

And this winning GT40

Last edited by TF110; 24 Dec 2016 at 20:24.
Old 24 Dec 2016, 20:19 (Ref:3698337)   #23
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Good thread. The good liveries tend to stick around in the brain more than bad ones.

A few thoughts:
- As much as I like Risi, a red car with sponsors I wouldn't call a livery.
- Flying Lizard Porsches have always been good.
- I liked the R15+
- Psychedelic/Hippy 917 was good
- Most of the simple Martini liveries
- The White/Black M-stripe Z4 GTE's looked good together
- Le Mans BMW M3 GT2 art car a few years back was good
Old 24 Dec 2016, 22:04 (Ref:3698357)   #24
carbsmith
Veteran

carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!carbsmith is going for a new lap record!
I feel like there's quite a few cases in this thread where people's love of the car is creating their fondness for the livery more than anything.

Old 25 Dec 2016, 00:26 (Ref:3698371)   #25
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Peterson White Lightning Porsche is a classic.

The 2012 Corvette livery was pretty solid, too.

EFFORT Racing's 2015 livery looked fantastic.