Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who do you think the team of the Grand Prix is?
Mercedes 2 8.00%
Ferrari 1 4.00%
Red Bull 19 76.00%
McLaren 0 0%
Toro Rosso 1 4.00%
Haas 1 4.00%
Force India 0 0%
Renault 0 0%
Williams 0 0%
Sauber 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 Apr 2017, 06:58 (Ref:3724932)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the Grand Prix: Chinese Grand Prix 2017

Who do you think the team of the Grand Prix is?
Old 9 Apr 2017, 08:18 (Ref:3724958)   #2
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull maximised this round. Unlike, say Mercedes or Ferrari.
Old 9 Apr 2017, 09:49 (Ref:3724986)   #3
Grandpa_Rob
Racer

Australia
Oz
Grandpa_Rob should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull both cars in the top 4
Old 9 Apr 2017, 14:04 (Ref:3725028)   #4
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Red Bull - they were about the third fastest cars around here - and they maximised everything. A podium and fourth place.

Ferrari messed up Vettel's pitstop and it sounds like Kimi's car was working 100%.
Old 9 Apr 2017, 14:11 (Ref:3725033)   #5
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Probably Red Bull.

On the other end of the scale? Williams?

Richard
Old 9 Apr 2017, 14:14 (Ref:3725034)   #6
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Can't decide between RB and Ferrari...both stayed out of their drivers way and no team.orders.

Ferrari did make a slight error on timing with Vettee's last stop so advantage RB.
Old 9 Apr 2017, 15:38 (Ref:3725050)   #7
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Can't decide between RB and Ferrari...both stayed out of their drivers way and no team.orders.

Ferrari did make a slight error on timing with Vettee's last stop so advantage RB.
I can't decide either, maybe RB because of Ferrari's tyre stop under the VSC.
Old 9 Apr 2017, 16:07 (Ref:3725056)   #8
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I can't decide either, maybe RB because of Ferrari's tyre stop under the VSC.
That was a good call, the real SC that happened the next lap really made it look bad.

I voted for Ferrari although Haas also did really good. They were my second choice.
Old 9 Apr 2017, 16:56 (Ref:3725062)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
That was a good call, the real SC that happened the next lap really made it look bad.

I voted for Ferrari although Haas also did really good. They were my second choice.
He wasn't helped by the FCY, coming a lap later as it did, but at the time I thought the tyre call under the VSC, wasn't right.
Old 9 Apr 2017, 17:33 (Ref:3725070)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RB
Old 9 Apr 2017, 17:38 (Ref:3725074)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sauber, for sharing a whole other set of reasons/stories/excuses as to why Mr Wehrlein can't pilot the 2nd car... top notch creative effort...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Apr 2017, 02:46 (Ref:3725170)   #12
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 08:36 (Ref:3725234)   #13
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RBR, for at least attempting to take the fight to Merc with two cars. And for not telling their drivers anything about how they should do that between themselves (or at least, not getting that on the TV transmission).
Old 10 Apr 2017, 15:27 (Ref:3725313)   #14
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Tough call.

Ferrari did the right thing with Vettel's stop under VSC. Unfortunately for them it didn't work out for them because of the real SC soon afterwards. Without that everyone would have said how brilliant that call was.
Furthermore they split their options by keeping Raikkonen out.
Kudos to them for not ordering Kimi to move over, although that didn't help to maximize their result.
Why did they leave Kimi out for so long on shot tires?

Red Bull: why didn't they pit one of the drivers under VSC? I worked out perfectly now, but it could have been totally different.
As for the result: I think they got the maximum out of it.

Toro Rosso: Nice to see them let Sainz get on with his gamble on slicks. Would have been interesting to see what would have happened without VSC and SC and normal time-consuming stop for everyone else. It's unlikely Carlos would have finished higher than 7th, but would have been nice to see him up there for a while.

Right now, I think splitting your options between your drivers is a pretty good call if you want to maximize your chances.
* what would have happened if Verstappen (or Ricciardo) had started on slicks and there was no SC or VSC in the first few laps?
* ditto Vettel (or Raikkonen)

I think it would have been worth a gamble for Red Bull too. At this moment in time, the best they can hope for is 5th and 6th in a regular fight.
Raikkonen underachieved and Bottas spun, that helped them to get 3rd and 4th.

To beat all 4, they need to do something different.

Last edited by gert; 10 Apr 2017 at 15:36.
Old 10 Apr 2017, 16:32 (Ref:3725330)   #15
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Ferrari Why did they leave Kimi out for so long on shot tires?
good question.

actually was a bit surreal how it took the pit wall so long to understand what Kimi was talking about when it was, imo, pretty clear that Kimi was losing a lot of time every lap.

maybe they were so focused on vettee's race that they lost track of what was happening to Kimi
Old 13 Apr 2017, 16:51 (Ref:3726143)   #16
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Gave this one to red bull