Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 5 Mar 2018, 18:12 (Ref:3806020)   #3076
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
I think if we had solid proof that Davenport was testing a different Avensis to Ingram (i.e. they had 2 running) this might have legs, the way I'm seeing it at the moment is that that was a second opinion on testing the car from someone with NGTC experience who happens to be testing the teams LMP3 car at the same venue
Do we have any proof that he actual drove an Avensis? Only picture is of him sat in the car in the garage. None of the pictures of the car on track show anything other than Ingram at the wheel. The fact that Speedworks posted the picture with a smilie at the end of the comments indicates that maybe all is not as it seems.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 18:17 (Ref:3806021)   #3077
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
The TBL's go back to TOCA if not used, so even if BMR decided not to run 3 cars for whatever reason, it's not a given that it would go to another team.
for the big deal they have made of the 60th anniversary year, I cant see them running with anything other than a capacity grid
Old 5 Mar 2018, 18:27 (Ref:3806025)   #3078
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
for the big deal they have made of the 60th anniversary year, I cant see them running with anything other than a capacity grid
They can't force a team to race a car if they have no driver or money to race though. However, hasn't there been mention of guest drivers? Perhaps the 32nd licence will be used for that. A team will get to run a car at each meeting for a guest driver.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 18:57 (Ref:3806033)   #3079
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
They can't force a team to race a car if they have no driver or money to race though. However, hasn't there been mention of guest drivers? Perhaps the 32nd licence will be used for that. A team will get to run a car at each meeting for a guest driver.
no they cant, but maybe some assistance may be offered "under the radar" to get a team thats almost there onto the grid in the right circumstances.
The guest driver is an interesting idea but for me it doesn't add much if they are cruising near the back in an unfamiliar car
Old 5 Mar 2018, 19:02 (Ref:3806034)   #3080
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I think the TBL has a condition that the driver can only be changed twice in a season.

It was introduced I think to prevent a situation that occurred with Support Our Paras team in 2015, where the car failed to appear at the opening round at Brands Hatch. Richard Hawken raced at Donington Park but was then replaced by Martin Donnelly for one round at Thruxton. The car missed Oulton Park as the team couldn't find a driver and then Max Coates raced at Croft before the team was stripped of its TBL for that car.

Last edited by mark_l; 5 Mar 2018 at 19:10.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 19:05 (Ref:3806035)   #3081
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Stewart Lines now...

https://twitter.com/AmDessex/status/970704363508436992

#trollingagain
Old 5 Mar 2018, 19:06 (Ref:3806036)   #3082
Liquoriceman
Racer

England
Lancashire
Liquoriceman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ash Sutton says that there are" some exciting things coming up.....!" on the way to the opening round.

https://twitter.com/ASuttonRacing/st...645760513?s=19

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk

Last edited by Liquoriceman; 5 Mar 2018 at 19:26.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 19:27 (Ref:3806042)   #3083
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquoriceman View Post
Ash Sutton says that there are" some exciting things coming up.....!" on the way to the opening round.
Hopefully some new sponsors and a shiny new livery design.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 19:44 (Ref:3806044)   #3084
AdrianM
Racer

AdrianM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_l View Post
I think the TBL has a condition that the driver can only be changed twice in a season.
I think it was the way Team Hard was playing musical chairs that brought that in.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 19:46 (Ref:3806045)   #3085
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Only one change allowed, unless declared force majeure.

Martin Donnelly coming in the team's one allowed change. Donnelly's departure, and Max Coates coming in was due to Infiniti pulling out, which was declared force majeure.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 19:50 (Ref:3806046)   #3086
CM388
Racer

CM388 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see those Infinitis back, I can't help but feel they had so much potential that was untapped (plus they looked pretty cool). I wonder why no other team snapped them up after the SOP debacle?
Old 5 Mar 2018, 19:56 (Ref:3806047)   #3087
psq43
Veteran

psq43 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
I think it was the way Team Hard was playing musical chairs that brought that in.
That, and a certain boss of a lightbulb company, who said he'd be out for opening day, no make that round 3, actually round 4, then change driver for Scotland. Oh and let's not bother with the last few events either...
Old 5 Mar 2018, 19:58 (Ref:3806048)   #3088
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM388 View Post
I'd love to see those Infinitis back, I can't help but feel they had so much potential that was untapped (plus they looked pretty cool). I wonder why no other team snapped them up after the SOP debacle?
I would too, but I would think the long wheelbase would be less than ideal?
Old 5 Mar 2018, 19:59 (Ref:3806050)   #3089
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Only one change allowed, unless declared force majeure.

Martin Donnelly coming in the team's one allowed change. Donnelly's departure, and Max Coates coming in was due to Infiniti pulling out, which was declared force majeure.
Wasn’t this upped to 2 changes in the rule changes for this year or did I dream it?
Old 5 Mar 2018, 20:12 (Ref:3806054)   #3090
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Wasn’t this upped to 2 changes in the rule changes for this year or did I dream it?
Good to see someone is awake

For 2018:
Driver changes

A team is now permitted a maximum of two permanent driver changes per season (previously one).
Old 5 Mar 2018, 20:38 (Ref:3806057)   #3091
RS67
Veteran

Quote:

It was introduced I think to prevent a situation that occurred with Support Our Paras team in 2015, where the car failed to appear at the opening round at Brands Hatch. Richard Hawken raced at Donington Park but was then replaced by Martin Donnelly for one round at Thruxton. The car missed Oulton Park as the team couldn't find a driver and then Max Coates raced at Croft before the team was stripped of its TBL for that car.
I realise all that, but there has been talk of having guest drivers as it is the 60th anniversary and as at least one TBL (could be 2, I can't remember) is owned by Toca, but loaned to teams, Toca can do whatever they want with one if it is being unused. Other teams would have to agree to the financial help anyway. I can't see Toca doing it behind every other teams back. I don't know if it is the same now, but back in the 90's, there was several drivers/team owners on the Toca board, if that is still the case, it would be impossible to keep it quiet.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 20:43 (Ref:3806059)   #3092
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquoriceman View Post

https://twitter.com/ASuttonRacing/st...645760513?s=19

Sent from my R7plusf using Tapatalk
Perhaps he is excited that they might just get some testing in before media day.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 20:48 (Ref:3806061)   #3093
VXDave
Racer

VXDave should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PMR Vauxhall have built a third Astra... perhaps they will run a three car squad?
Old 5 Mar 2018, 20:51 (Ref:3806064)   #3094
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
so have motorbase used 1 of their changes or is it only in effect from first practice at Brands?
Old 5 Mar 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3806071)   #3095
RS67
Veteran

Quote:
so have motorbase used 1 of their changes or is it only in effect from first practice at Brands?
I would think it will be either media day or 1st practice at Brands.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 21:30 (Ref:3806074)   #3096
mark_l
Veteran

England
Quote:
I realise all that, but there has been talk of having guest drivers as it is the 60th anniversary and as at least one TBL (could be 2, I can't remember) is owned by Toca, but loaned to teams, Toca can do whatever they want with one if it is being unused. Other teams would have to agree to the financial help anyway. I can't see Toca doing it behind every other teams back. I don't know if it is the same now, but back in the 90's, there was several drivers/team owners on the Toca board, if that is still the case, it would be impossible to keep it quiet.
The 2 TOCA TBL's I believe are with Power Maxed Racing, but I don't think TOCA could dictate who drives for PMR at any event. Both TOCA TBL's are in use so there isn't one not being used.

There are 32 TBL's in total, including the TOCA ones, and all are allocated so there I don' think there will be any surprise extra cars appearing at the Snetterton round. Why would a championship contender give up their drive so an Alain Menu, Steve Soper etc can have an outing.

There is a celebration of 60 years of the BTCC at the Silverstone Classic, but that is no much to do with TOCA.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 21:39 (Ref:3806076)   #3097
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Something in the back of my mind tells me that Alan Gow said that he may well create an extra Licence for guest driver/s during the course of the season to celebrate the anniversary. Something also tells me that it may only be at the Snetterton round.

With any luck, and a following wind, it may all become clear in just 3 weeks time.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 22:06 (Ref:3806084)   #3098
redshoes
Veteran

There has always been the provision for two additional entries over and above the original 32, so having guest cars at Snetterton would not mean someone else standing down.

http://www.btcc.net/2013/11/04/toca-...-btcc-licence/
Quote:
TOCA may allow up to two extra cars on top of the 32 TBLs to participate at selected events. These will be as ad-hoc, celebrity or R&D entries and will not gain championship points or count towards eligibility for a TBL.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 22:11 (Ref:3806085)   #3099
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
I would think it will be either media day or 1st practice at Brands.
Race weekend as I recollect, so whoever turns a wheel at Brands is the first driver.
Old 5 Mar 2018, 22:16 (Ref:3806086)   #3100
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VXDave View Post
PMR Vauxhall have built a third Astra... perhaps they will run a three car squad?
I think this is purely so they don't have to sit out if a car is heavily damaged. Prepping a new shell from scratch and bolting bits to it is a big job; none of the BTCC teams have anything like the manpower (or budget!) of say an F1 or NASCAR outfit.

Last edited by Alfisti; 5 Mar 2018 at 22:22.