Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 15 Sep 2000, 07:16 (Ref:37266)   #76
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I agree with the principles behind the protest. However. The protesters may have let themselves down had they behaved badly. That hasn't happened fortunately so I trust "Bleurgh" will now treat them with the respect they deserve and negotiate honestly and properly.

Remember, no drivers were actually stopped from delivering fuel. They stayed put because of they're agreement with the principle. I believe stories of intimidation were "spin" and no doubt we will find this out later.

Sadly though, Bleurgh's spent so much time telling us that its the schools and hospitals that have suffered due to the protests, rather than admitting that these services suffer due to the high cost of fuel which has to be paid for out of a limited budget (books? food? operations?). Now he appears on tv and suggests that the government "won"?

The man is no more than a complete ass.

One more thought.

We pay less income tax in the UK than any other EU country. However food and clothing prices in those countries are substantially less than in the UK. Why? I can only assume that it is because fuel costs are lower.

Even so, the Belgians, Dutch, Germans and French have/are protesting.

Old 16 Sep 2000, 23:09 (Ref:37577)   #77
CATMAN
Racer

CATMAN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully the protests signal the end of Blair and his dumb pals. I followed the story at home, I thought I`d heard drivel from various politicos but Blair and Prescott came out with so much Sh1t the should be declared a major pollution hazard! Brits pay more fuel tax than any one else in the world yet they insisted on blaming the cost on OPEC.
Brits pay more tax on fags and booze than in Europe they pay more for the cars they drive, so the goverment collects more duty and tax on them aswell. So now we know why the Brits are so well off compared to europe, NOT!
Just move to France and join me, I can see no advantage in the UK system. And in France people stand up for themselves.