Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Jan 2003, 18:04 (Ref:484790)   #1
Acid09
Veteran

Germany
Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!Acid09 is going for a new lap record!
Graham Nash Saleens joining FIA GT Championship

Now its official:

Both Graham Nash Saleens will join FIA GT Championship this Year.

The driver lineup for both cars is not anounced yet.

Source: GT-eins.de

This are really great News , cant wait to see those Babys at Oschersleben

Last edited by Acid09; 24 Jan 2003 at 18:05.
Old 24 Jan 2003, 18:34 (Ref:484814)   #2
SFonseca
Veteran

Portugal
Canelas, Portugal
SFonseca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Graham Nash Saleens joining FIA GT Championship

Quote:
Originally posted by Acid09
The driver lineup for both cars is not anounced yet.
One GNM Saleen will speak Portuguese.... "Racing for Portugal"
Old 24 Jan 2003, 22:05 (Ref:485011)   #3
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
that great news, didnt they win the british championship in 2002
Old 24 Jan 2003, 22:43 (Ref:485056)   #4
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Yup,

Convincingly!!
Old 24 Jan 2003, 23:05 (Ref:485070)   #5
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely the FIA will try to ensure they don't dominate their playpen?
Old 24 Jan 2003, 23:10 (Ref:485075)   #6
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Easy - get Tommy to drive more slowly!!!
Old 24 Jan 2003, 23:20 (Ref:485082)   #7
jase
Veteran

jase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjase should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Graham, any idea if it's going to be Tommy and Ian in one car?
Old 24 Jan 2003, 23:22 (Ref:485083)   #8
cybersdorf
Veteran

Austria
Vienna, Austria
cybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcybersdorf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The FIA has done the right thing.
Old 25 Jan 2003, 15:02 (Ref:485573)   #9
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
yep this is good news all round, I wonder if the restrictors that are used in the ALMS for all classess this year will effect the FIA SCC and FIA GT, seeing as the rules dont merge together offically until 2004, all I know is that ALMS and ACO have said there is a 10% power reduction across all classess this year at Le Mans, I know it effeccts ALMS and Le Mans but does this effect FIA? I also know that the 10% power restrictors go back to the 2002 spec in 2004, when the piper design tunnels are in use on all the cars.

anyone got any info on this matter?
Old 25 Jan 2003, 17:13 (Ref:485648)   #10
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
jason

Nope Ian is due to be in a Lister I believe but there are things afoot in Leatherhead just now so watch this space.
Old 27 Jan 2003, 00:44 (Ref:486950)   #11
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
do i really have to pay to read the fia sportscar calender on your website graham - your kidding mun!
Old 27 Jan 2003, 16:09 (Ref:487433)   #12
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know, I dont like the way its done personally either. No offence Graham. Gomick here is the 2003 FIA SCC calender. http://www.motorsport.com/news/artic...3726&FS=FIA-SC
Old 27 Jan 2003, 21:58 (Ref:487748)   #13
pink69
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire / Nottingham
pink69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McKellar and Erdos would be a force to be reckoed with if they are partnered together again, but they won't have it as easy as they did in the British GT.
Old 27 Jan 2003, 22:03 (Ref:487757)   #14
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
They sure wont, its going to be a great fight between them and the 3 BMS Scudiera Ferraris and the Dart Ferrari and the Listers. Roll along Spa 24hrs..
Old 27 Jan 2003, 22:50 (Ref:487794)   #15
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Ian McKellar isn't racing with Tommy this season
Old 27 Jan 2003, 22:52 (Ref:487795)   #16
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Quote:
Originally posted by gomick
do i really have to pay to read the fia sportscar calender on your website graham - your kidding mun!
Nope - you can register for a free week and look for nothing!
Old 27 Jan 2003, 23:21 (Ref:487815)   #17
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
This was an irrelevant and inappropriate post.

Edited by Sportscar/GT Forum Moderator - 30.1.03

Last edited by Aysedasi; 29 Jan 2003 at 07:50.
Old 27 Jan 2003, 23:27 (Ref:487818)   #18
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Yeah and then when we can't afford to pay the guys who work their nuts off to write proper race reports we can pack it up and all go back to reading press releases elsewhere.

I don't mind you having an opinion Chris - I do mind you being malicious about it.

I'll wait ten minutes before reporting the above post to the moderator. The edit button btw is at the top!
Old 28 Jan 2003, 07:38 (Ref:488073)   #19
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Yes I am not sure we should be showing anyone how to illegally subscribe to our colleagues sites
Old 28 Jan 2003, 12:25 (Ref:488256)   #20
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Same here, but then theres nothing illegall about it. Anyone who even thinks the tinest bit latteraly would have thought of what I had said. It goes on throughout the world all of the time.

If Graham really dosent like it as much as he claims all he has to do is block that users IP. Which means u cant acess the website, if he dosent do that then hes really bringing it on himself.
Old 28 Jan 2003, 12:36 (Ref:488262)   #21
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Quote:
Originally posted by Graham Goodwin
Yeah and then when we can't afford to pay the guys who work their nuts off to write proper race reports we can pack it up and all go back to reading press releases elsewhere.

I don't mind you having an opinion Chris - I do mind you being malicious about it.

I'll wait ten minutes before reporting the above post to the moderator. The edit button btw is at the top!
Just because it will stop this thread from staying at the top of the pile I will say sorry I shoudnt have said what I had said, I was merely stating the obvious, and whilst I hadnt gone against the forum rules I shoudnt have said what I said.

As Ive already said though I woudnt ever encourage anyone to make a false passport and use it to gain free acess to any pay-per view website.

That ok for u Graham?
Old 29 Jan 2003, 07:53 (Ref:489103)   #22
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Just because it will stop this thread from staying at the top of the pile I will say sorry I shoudnt have said what I had said, I was merely stating the obvious, and whilst I hadnt gone against the forum rules I shoudnt have said what I said.

As Ive already said though I woudnt ever encourage anyone to make a false passport and use it to gain free acess to any pay-per view website.

That ok for u Graham?
Your apology is approprisate Saleen. Whether you like DSC's way of operating is entirely irrelevant. Drawing atention to a means by which it might be hacked was not acceptable. And I'm pleased you now realise that. I have effectively removed the offending post.
Old 31 Jan 2003, 23:05 (Ref:492409)   #23
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
sorry to start all that - just not used to motorsport sites where you have to pay to view ..... thanks SALEEN S7R for the sportscar calender - 5 rounds, hopefully the quality of cars and racing will be good!
Old 1 Feb 2003, 01:07 (Ref:492520)   #24
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
No problemo, Im not used to pay to view websites either. Next time ur looking for something and cant find it on a particular website, Id suggest rather than registering on a pay per view website u can always do what I do and lots of other people and visit www.google.com type in what u are looking for and it will most likely find another free website that has the same info.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 1 Feb 2003 at 01:08.
Old 1 Feb 2003, 15:26 (Ref:492957)   #25
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Actually Ive just found a revised calender, now the dates are final its just subject to approval. http://www.crash.net/news_detail.asp...6&language_id=