Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Nov 2008, 16:27 (Ref:2336444)   #1
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Pretty Vacant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Silly Season and awards dinners

Ok yes I was bored.
Yes I WILL get in trouble later.
And yes when I find the photo I'll put it on of Moose with his trophy.

So as it's that time of year, I'd thought I'd put up a couple of silly photos of a certain driver signalling how many laps left to the photographer! Guess who.............................

Oh damn! I 've left the name on the car.....................never mind!
Old 17 Nov 2008, 18:14 (Ref:2336501)   #2
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Had the Legends"BRDC" dinner last Wed then HSCC this Saturday then Historic FJ AGM and lunch Sunday " i wont stay for lunch as i normally fall asleep" then its our Historic FF2000 AGM in two weeks at Saracens head ,and after a good old natter and noggin on how fast we all used to be and all the if and only's. Cant wait.
Old 17 Nov 2008, 18:18 (Ref:2336505)   #3
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ooooh, this thread could be fun
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 17 Nov 2008, 20:01 (Ref:2336571)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretty Vacant
Ok yes I was bored.
Yes I WILL get in trouble later.
And yes when I find the photo I'll put it on of Moose with his trophy.

So as it's that time of year, I'd thought I'd put up a couple of silly photos of a certain driver signalling how many laps left to the photographer! Guess who.............................

Oh damn! I 've left the name on the car.....................never mind!
Its illegal to use a mobile whilst driving.
Old 18 Nov 2008, 09:19 (Ref:2336847)   #5
Zola
Racer

United Kingdom
Zola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very funny all of you!!!!!!
Old 18 Nov 2008, 10:14 (Ref:2336876)   #6
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
CSCC awards

The Moose loose!

CSCC trophy winner!

3rd from right, next to our guest speaker, Penny Mallory.
Old 22 Nov 2008, 08:52 (Ref:2339409)   #7
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
So who's going to HSCC tonight.Driver collecting the most pots buys the drinks.
Old 23 Nov 2008, 09:04 (Ref:2340021)   #8
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Or how to be 'scene' at the do. Goodwood Aero Club Christmas Party my choice, no tin pots, no speaches, just good old fashioned fun, smart casual, and far less expensive in these uncertain days compared with most jolly's.
Old 23 Nov 2008, 19:01 (Ref:2340327)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I did enjoy the HSCC evening ,Tony Brooks was amaizing with his stories racing with Moss, Fangio,Hawthorn what a fantastic memory and so articulate with the history of his racing back in the 50's. I had a little chuckle when he said his accident at Le Mans was not his fault!. Something to do with looking at the gear lever as the car was stuck in 4th and he missed his breaking point and ended up rolling the car. A truly great racing driver.
Old 23 Nov 2008, 19:03 (Ref:2340329)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta
So who's going to HSCC tonight.Driver collecting the most pots buys the drinks.
I had a good look for Ben Simms after the awards. Well done Ben.
Old 24 Nov 2008, 10:58 (Ref:2340663)   #11
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry for missing that drink Ian I will have to owe you one How many did Michael get..... he seemed up there more than me....

It was a brilliant Night especially getting the foulston trophy but how embassising dropping the Lid

Tony Brooks WOW what a life he has had amazing stories....I cannot beleve that he had to think hard to go and drive for Ferrari a true brit good man...

I might see you at the 2000 AGM Stuart is plannig on going and we are at his for the weekend

Benn
Old 25 Nov 2008, 09:51 (Ref:2341292)   #12
Pretty Vacant
Rookie

England
Deepest Darkest Dorset
Well there did seem to be a plethora of trophies handed out on the night, but who did bag the most? Seemed Lyons Jnr was up there a lot.

Tony Brooks certainly has been there and done that in the most incredibly humble way. And to think he wanted to be a dentist!

Guess its the Masters do next in January........................
Old 25 Nov 2008, 10:19 (Ref:2341304)   #13
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tony Brooks is certainly signing for his supper this year - I went to a lunch at Goodwood Neville Hay hosted and he was talking at and I agree with all that has been said here - top man. Presume this is all on the run up for his forthcoming book....
Old 25 Nov 2008, 11:58 (Ref:2341350)   #14
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Lyons Jr-Another one of those gallent Historic drivers who fail as soon as they gets into moderns They should introduce an age limit for Historic racing based on when they start shaving.Lets hope Neville Hay does not write the book.He sometimes comments on Pre War stuff and knows absolutely nothing!Ideal man for Goodwood.
Old 25 Nov 2008, 12:09 (Ref:2341360)   #15
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had never seen him before - he looks like Sir Les Pattinson's petrol head cousin!
Old 25 Nov 2008, 12:41 (Ref:2341378)   #16
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
I will look foward to Tony Brooks book. Not a lot around for me at moment. Just ordered Regga's new edition so untill then.
Old 25 Nov 2008, 16:37 (Ref:2341512)   #17
Marcus Mussa
Veteran

United Kingdom
Monaco
Marcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarcus Mussa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
I had never seen him before - he looks like Sir Les Pattinson's petrol head cousin!
Who, Tony Brooks?
Old 25 Nov 2008, 16:47 (Ref:2341515)   #18
simon drabble
Veteran

No Neville Hay... Tony Brooks is like a retired prep school master - very understated
Old 29 Nov 2008, 13:04 (Ref:2343808)   #19
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
No Neville Hay... Tony Brooks is like a retired prep school master - very understated
And like a few other drivers from that era under rated without a deal of bull sh** to go with it
Old 29 Nov 2008, 13:35 (Ref:2343820)   #20
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Who is Regga.?
Old 29 Nov 2008, 14:24 (Ref:2343837)   #21
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[quote=john ruston]Who is Regga.?zoni.
Old 29 Nov 2008, 14:52 (Ref:2343842)   #22
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Who is Regga.?
One of my all time hero's. I met him at Angouleme last year and had a chat. I then went to get a poster as he said he would sign it for me. I got delayed but bought a poster later then went to find him but was told their car had had problems and he had gone.
Old 29 Nov 2008, 16:31 (Ref:2343878)   #23
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

You are refering to the Argentinian politician and old time race driver.Why did you not say!
Old 29 Nov 2008, 16:34 (Ref:2343879)   #24
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

I thought you were refering to a dance or is a style of popular music.I'm to old to know
Good thing the Fen Tiger is back to keep us informed.
Old 29 Nov 2008, 18:03 (Ref:2343903)   #25
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Yep spot on there John.Good old Terrance.