Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 20 Feb 2000, 10:35 (Ref:7777)   #1
AUSTRIA
Racer

AUSTRIA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are three facts:

Watching the posts and replies on this 'historic racing' and also 'racing history' forum is very interesting and partly even exiting. But there is not so much motion as I would wish the instigators to get in.

My english is as bad as can be. I want to change this unsatisfiing matter of fact. Learning by doing, but I'm missing anybody to talk english with me ... Writing is another possibility to force myself, and with an exiting topic - as the racing history is for me - possible it will work. It's worth to try.

After entering this forum for a month I have to state: I like this sort of entertainment. Maybe I can contribute a little bit with my small knowledge, but the more I can profit by yours. Why not starting a trivia session - knowing not all or not the detailed answers to the questions?

No more words, let's go and see, where we will meet at the end ...

Here are some explanations:

Every time, when I post a new lap, I will give you three questions:
A) I know the answer
B) I know only a few details, but want to learn more about.
C) I have no touch, really

For the main theme is racing history, all topics will be about the area from the earliest beginnings up to at least twenty years ago. (This was hard for me to formulate, how would you have solved this problem in good english?)GP-racing and Voiturettes, F1 WC and non-WC, sportscars; nothing else.

You out there like to compete? Ok. Maximum score every lap is 10 points.
Question A must be easy, because I know the answer .... 1 point
Question B is harder ... 2 points
Question C .. 3 points (You want to know, how I can judge? Give adetailed and explaining answer and I will be able.)

Bonus points for additional stuff, storys, anectotes, or any else interesting or entertaining. No possibility to struggle against my decision !!! 1 point for every question, so we have totaly nine. The 'ten tenth bonus point' will be the outcome of my arbitrariness You can see the actual standings in an own topic, I will post after judging the first lap.

For the first I will try to fight my way through ten laps. And now it's your matter to let it grow ...

E.T.

PS: Give me a short feedback, whether you like such sort of entertainment or not by repliing this topic, please.

Old 20 Feb 2000, 15:26 (Ref:7778)   #2
jarama
Racer

jarama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let's go, AUSTRIA.

And be sure you're not alone on the use of this or/and others forums to improve your english, 'cause it's my case, too.
Old 20 Feb 2000, 17:45 (Ref:7779)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Keep going Austria. If we aren't keeping up its because we're all learning. For my part I will try to find other topics to keep you all talking.