Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Oct 2016, 11:37 (Ref:3681348)   #326
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
yeah I wonder how this works , can Mr. Gow after that terrible PR fiasco from BMR just slap them with some penalties for the boxer engine ??

or do they have to vote in the post season meeting ? and then how does it work cos I assume all teams minus BMR (and perhaps BKR - 888) would want to slap penalties on them
I think that's part of my gripe with how the current series is run. There is no transparency with the "performance balancing". It all takes place behind closed doors and very little is released publicly.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 11:48 (Ref:3681352)   #327
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
yeah I wonder how this works , can Mr. Gow after that terrible PR fiasco from BMR just slap them with some penalties for the boxer engine ??

or do they have to vote in the post season meeting ? and then how does it work cos I assume all teams minus BMR (and perhaps BKR - 888) would want to slap penalties on them
Do you really think TOCA/MSA/GOW are really that petty ?
Old 19 Oct 2016, 13:15 (Ref:3681363)   #328
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
it didn't hinder them to slap 25.000 fine and removed TBL on Team Dynamics for some comments Matt Neal supposedly made , so not even a public official press release like BMR did
Old 19 Oct 2016, 13:30 (Ref:3681365)   #329
auroan
Veteran

Quote:
it didn't hinder them to slap 25.000 fine and removed TBL on Team Dynamics for some comments Matt Neal supposedly made , so not even a public official press release like BMR did

They didn't "remove" the TBL. I was a suspended fine and series ban following the comments Matt Neal made to Autosport after Rockingham.. And the remarks MN made were an order of magnitude worse that BMR.

I quote;

"The Championship Stewards subsequently met on Tuesday 23rd September and, after having heard from Matt Neal, found that ‘such remarks are prejudicial and have brought the Championship into disrepute.’ On the decision of the Championship Stewards, penalties are then imposed by the Championship Administrator in accordance with Regulation 4.4.4."

BMR's statement was carefully worded and well withing regs. Matt Neal's was a personal rant with wild accusations.

You're comparing Apples and Oranges.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 13:42 (Ref:3681368)   #330
porsche962fan
Veteran

again it's Matt Neal personal not Team Dynamics official statement , if anything it should have been a Matt Neal himself a suspended sentence , not the whole team

and the "such remarks are prejudicial and have brought the Championship into disrepute" can be aplied to BMR statement regarding the boost too , specially since they themselves got a break otherwise they would still have been outside the top 10 all the time
Old 19 Oct 2016, 13:52 (Ref:3681371)   #331
auroan
Veteran

Quote:
again it's Matt Neal personal not Team Dynamics official statement , if anything it should have been a Matt Neal himself a suspended sentence , not the whole team

and the "such remarks are prejudicial and have brought the Championship into disrepute" can be aplied to BMR statement regarding the boost too , specially since they themselves got a break otherwise they would still have been outside the top 10 all the time
Your view.... no one else's, especially not the championship stewards.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 13:55 (Ref:3681373)   #332
porsche962fan
Veteran

and you just proved my point that TOCA/MSA/GOW are really that petty that they could do it
Old 19 Oct 2016, 14:15 (Ref:3681381)   #333
auroan
Veteran

Quote:
and you just proved my point that TOCA/MSA/GOW are really that petty that they could do it
Eh ? what exactly have I proved. There can be no pettiness in a rule set. The rules are applied to everyone the same.

BMR we're within the rules with their statement, Matt Neal wasn't. Simple.

Do I really need to dig out the exact wording of what they said and explain the difference ?

Or I'm I just feeding a troll ?
Old 19 Oct 2016, 14:46 (Ref:3681387)   #334
porsche962fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by auroan View Post
Eh ? what exactly have I proved. There can be no pettiness in a rule set. The rules are applied to everyone the same.
so by this logic if Turks gets fed up at BMR he can just publicly slap and rant at TOCA, Gow etc and the whole team would get punished with fines and other sentences for his rants ?? it's brilliant

and of course every driver who is unhappy at their team
Old 19 Oct 2016, 14:51 (Ref:3681389)   #335
Minicross424
Veteran

United Kingdom
Ashford Kent
Minicross424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post

It's a shame Andrew hasn't inherited his dad's more humble side (watching him through the GT's the BTCC, he always came across as a gent). Instead we've got an arrogant brat
I have met Andrew a number of times and i assure you he does not come across as a arrogant brat in any way, shape or form!
Old 19 Oct 2016, 15:15 (Ref:3681395)   #336
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know who is testing for Power Maxed at Snetterton today? Saw a picture with 'Smith 37' on the window.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 15:26 (Ref:3681400)   #337
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minicross424 View Post
I have met Andrew a number of times and i assure you he does not come across as a arrogant brat in any way, shape or form!

Have to agree on that one Very nice guy who has time for his fans
Old 19 Oct 2016, 15:54 (Ref:3681406)   #338
SteveLevin
Rookie

United States
near the Corkscrew!
SteveLevin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Based on this statement in the Pirtek press release...
Quote:
Andrew Jordan and Pirtek Racing are eyeing new and exciting opportunities for the 2017 Dunlop MSA British Touring Car Championship season after today announcing that the current agreement with Motorbase Performance is to come to an end.
I would be surprised to see something not-BTCC. That paragraph could easily have been worded more generically if they seriously expected to persue other options, series-wise.

My wild guess is that his comments about needing more space are because they are either going to set up their own BTCC team again (going back to buying cars and parts from Team Dynamics), or they are getting more fun vintage stuff to race outside of BTCC (and AJ will drive for an existing BTCC team).

That's my two cents (which shockingly rounds to two cents everywhere, it seems)

Steve
Old 19 Oct 2016, 16:14 (Ref:3681410)   #339
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
“Talks are ongoing about a programme that would be fantastic for both myself, as well as for Pirtek and my other sponsors. I’m certainly very confident that we will be able to build on the success that we have enjoyed this year when the new season comes around.”
Reading this part on Touringcartimes.com I thought he will switch to WRX (Ekstrom Audi with support from Pirtek and Red Bull).

But the Pirtek press release hints clearly on a return to BTCC in 2017.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 16:29 (Ref:3681416)   #340
ExplodeTheApex
Racer

United Kingdom
ExplodeTheApex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think when Pirtek renewed their sponsorship of Jordan until the end of 2018 it was specific to them competing in the BTCC so unless anything has changed I imagine he'll be staying in the series
Old 19 Oct 2016, 16:39 (Ref:3681419)   #341
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 850Estate View Post
Anyone know who is testing for Power Maxed at Snetterton today? Saw a picture with 'Smith 37' on the window.
Rob Smith from Mini Challange #37 😉
Old 19 Oct 2016, 16:45 (Ref:3681422)   #342
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like WIX may be departing from Ciceley Racing, below quote from their FB page:

The 2016 BTCC season is now over and here at WIX we are already missing the action. It was another fantastic year and a great season for Adam and the team.

We have enjoyed 3 years in a fantastic partnership with CiceleyMotorSport and created some unforgettable memories, achievements and delivered some first class great racing.

Now the winter sets in and we have the long wait until we know what 2017 brings for WIX Racing. We will keep the giveaways going throughout to help us all through waiting for the season to start again.

Thank you all for your support of WIX Racing in 2016 and for all the years before #teamwix
Old 19 Oct 2016, 17:27 (Ref:3681432)   #343
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see Motorbase looking like they have likely got that title sponsor they've been after. I think it's a sign of a strong championship if you can see plenty of these type of deals happening.

Regarding Wix,I wouldn't say that statement provides definitive proof that they could be pulling the plug on Cicely. Hope not, it's one of the nicer liveries out there IMO.

I think it would be a disaster if TOCA started to take boost away from competitors as a punishment for what they say. Happily I don't think TOCA would do something like that. I keep seeing people making a big deal about BMR being given some kind of free pass on their manifold earlier in the season. Was it not the case that Team Dynamics were also afforded that luxury in the past when trying to get an engine working in the BTCC. I could be wrong but I'm sure it was mentioned by Mr Plato at the time. I would add that regarding the boost, from watching on TV and being at some races I don't think there is a huge difference in straight line speed between the cars.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 17:49 (Ref:3681440)   #344
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiiiiiiim View Post
Rob Smith from Mini Challange #37 😉
Cheers
Old 19 Oct 2016, 17:53 (Ref:3681441)   #345
LeonardBernstein
Rookie

LeonardBernstein should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I think Turkington will be back "home" with WSR next year, with Sam Tordoff's place in the team. It's a shame as the BMR deal had the potential to be a huge success, but Plato doesn't want him there. I'll lose a lot of respect for Warren Scott if this does happen, the tail shouldn't be wagging the dog, no matter how much of an egotistical nightmare the tail is!
I've heard that this is very likely. Also that there could be increased backing from BMW to make it happen. Possibly downsizing to a two-car team for just Turks and Collard. Goff out.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 18:50 (Ref:3681448)   #346
cameronpoe
Rookie

cameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcameronpoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeonardBernstein View Post
I've heard that this is very likely. Also that there could be increased backing from BMW to make it happen. Possibly downsizing to a two-car team for just Turks and Collard. Goff out.
Not so sure Leonard
WSR , from a few whispers are looking hard at a driver currently on the Toca package for one of the cars, but so are lots of other major teams so still early days on the driver line ups at WSR, BMR , Motorbase for 017. To Close to call and not straightforward at all.
Old 19 Oct 2016, 23:43 (Ref:3681485)   #347
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry44 View Post
Have to agree on that one Very nice guy who has time for his fans
Being nice to fans is one thing (I don't think there'd be anyone up or down the grid who'd be off to a fan's face) but how he comes across in interviews on TV doesn't do him any favours as all we saw this year (and for the two years past for that matter) was him moaning when things didn't go his way!

Compare him to guys like Collard or Morgan who somehow finds a bit of positive in a situation and you find yourself rooting for them!
Old 20 Oct 2016, 07:39 (Ref:3681562)   #348
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLiTZ View Post
Being nice to fans is one thing (I don't think there'd be anyone up or down the grid who'd be off to a fan's face) but how he comes across in interviews on TV doesn't do him any favours as all we saw this year (and for the two years past for that matter) was him moaning when things didn't go his way!

Compare him to guys like Collard or Morgan who somehow finds a bit of positive in a situation and you find yourself rooting for them!
I would say its frustration in general as in 2013 he has proved that He can win the championship with a team with less resource and funding than some of the more works based teams such as Dynamics and WSR. I suspect one of the main elements that helped his title push in 2013 was his family and friends who both helped mentally as well as practically on race weekends and with that it has been very difficult to replicate that exact environment within the teams he has signed for in the past 2 years. I would say given next year at Motorbase (We know this is not happening) he could have been in strong contention however i do feel the constant movement has unsettled him and with this it could be argued given the correct package for his style of driving and the correct people supporting hims behind the scenes he still has potential to be double champion

In a way I feel that his current issue is comparable to People like Morgan and Tingram who both push hard with very little change behind the scenes to unsettle them allowing them to be constant frontrunners in a car developed to their individual driving styles giving them that more familiar platform to work from on a year by year basis but i feel if Jordan does settle down in the correct environment he has more than the ability to lift another championship

Last edited by Ry44; 20 Oct 2016 at 07:49.
Old 20 Oct 2016, 13:17 (Ref:3681590)   #349
Benj
Rookie

England
Ashford
Benj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just popped in to Snetterton as we heading past today and saw these two testing, any ideas who could be behind the wheels?
Old 20 Oct 2016, 13:28 (Ref:3681592)   #350
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
Will Burns from Ginetta GT4s is in the Avensis. Not sure about the Focus - 44? Jack Clarke was 44 in 2014 if I'm remembering correctly, could be him.