Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 7 Apr 2003, 13:12 (Ref:561585)   #1
SL
Veteran

SL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cobra Ferrari Wars

Looks like a must see on Wednesday 9 April 23:20 on BBC2. The story of the AC Cobra, not sure if it has been on before or what.

Anyone any further information ?

Simon
Old 7 Apr 2003, 15:20 (Ref:561735)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll get Digiturk to broadcast it then shall I?

AAAARGH!!!
Old 7 Apr 2003, 18:22 (Ref:561926)   #3
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Digiguide doesn't give many more details. It's a repeat previously shown on BBC4.
Quote:
SPECIAL INTEREST: Cobra Ferrari Wars
Channel: BBC 2
Date: Wednesday 9th April 2003
Time: 23:20 to 00:20
Documentary telling the story of Texan racing driver Carroll Shelby who won Le Mans in 1959 and went on to develop the famous Cobra, a car designed to take on the might of Ferrari.
Old 7 Apr 2003, 20:56 (Ref:562139)   #4
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I heard its very good
Old 8 Apr 2003, 09:32 (Ref:562539)   #5
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think its also now on video from the people who have released Rendezvous
Old 9 Apr 2003, 21:56 (Ref:564553)   #6
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Don't forget everybody. On the box in 30 mins!
Old 9 Apr 2003, 22:09 (Ref:564564)   #7
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Or maybe not. It's been replaced by the Masters Golf preview postponed from earlier in the evening.
Old 9 Apr 2003, 22:43 (Ref:564605)   #8
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Typical!!!!!!!
If anyone knows when it will be rescheduled, let us all know? Cheers.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 07:01 (Ref:564790)   #9
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
no but I saw it either late last year or earlier this year and it is excellent
Old 10 Apr 2003, 07:59 (Ref:564841)   #10
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Doh! I realise yesterday was a momentous day, but couldn't they have postponed the fall of Baghdad rather than this programme. Even in defeat Saddam is spiteful.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 09:50 (Ref:564900)   #11
D-Type
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coulsdon, Surrey
D-Type should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BBC are like that, they often get their priorities wrong. How often would we get taken away from the Grand Prix to see film of the rain falling on the mats at a cricket ground? Jarama 1981 springs to mind

The more you learn, the more you realise how little you know.
Old 10 Apr 2003, 10:29 (Ref:564915)   #12
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by AllonFS
Doh! I realise yesterday was a momentous day, but couldn't they have postponed the fall of Baghdad rather than this programme. Even in defeat Saddam is spiteful.
He's obviously not a motor racing fan then.....

Seriously though, the BBC could have postponed the golf, but as usual the motor racing loses out- I really hope that they reschedule this one, as it's pretty rare to get any kind of coverage of the history of the sport on the BBC
Old 10 Apr 2003, 10:32 (Ref:564916)   #13
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by D-Type
The BBC are like that, they often get their priorities wrong. How often would we get taken away from the Grand Prix to see film of the rain falling on the mats at a cricket ground? Jarama 1981 springs to mind
I have this recurring dream that one day I'll hear an announcement that they'll be rescheduling the golf/cricket/fly fishing/tiddlywinks/over-80's all-in bingo or whatever they currently fill their sports coverage with, to show extended coverage of a race.....
Old 10 Apr 2003, 17:25 (Ref:565306)   #14
SL
Veteran

Could we get them on any war crimes charges ????

They actually resked Coronation Street on Sunday (The top soap in the UK) so that the GP could be finished live. Was I mistaken or so was Martin B. Did he not say bye at 19:50 ?

Simon
Old 11 Apr 2003, 07:32 (Ref:565922)   #15
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I just get sooooooo fed up with those messages that come up to placate the Corrie addicts. I sit their screaming "I don't care about Coronation Street - get on with the race......"
Old 11 Apr 2003, 12:46 (Ref:566254)   #16
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wasnt that the GP finished late, its the fact that they didnt extend the show to include the interviews. So they actually postponed Coronation street because of the war. You can always bet that if coronation street is scheduled after it, it WILL finish late.

Wko is actually stupid enough to beleive that it will be on at 7.30 automatically, who doesnt have a tv guide of some sort? Do ITV realy think its viewers are that thick!
Old 13 Apr 2003, 13:33 (Ref:568141)   #17
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The sad truth is, some of them probably are. Or, more likely, they think that Coronation Street is SO important that everything else (whether it be the news, a motor race or something trivial, like the Olympics ) will automatically end to allow them their Soap fix (after all, there are only a million **** soaps on every week).

On the Cobra Vs Ferrari programme, I'm actually quite pleased as I didn't see this thread until after it was supposed to be on. Any more info. on when it will be on?
Old 2 May 2003, 07:52 (Ref:587033)   #18
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good news, assuming we do not start any wars, and that Saddam remains in his bunker, BBC2 have listed the program again for Tue 6 May at 11.20pm.
Old 2 May 2003, 08:17 (Ref:587036)   #19
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
Can someone drop an email to that nice Mr Bush and kindly request him not to invade any countries for a few days so we can see this programme. I'm sure he would understand.
Old 2 May 2003, 08:23 (Ref:587038)   #20
PaulSands
Veteran

England
Grantham
PaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPaulSands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Remember Britain is next...harbouring terrorists, possess weapons of mass destruction and a mad leader
Old 6 May 2003, 17:23 (Ref:591250)   #21
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Let's hope they show it this time...
23.20 -00.25
BBC 2
Cobra Ferrari Wars
TONIGHT!
Old 6 May 2003, 22:25 (Ref:591697)   #22
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
At last...it's on!
BBC2 now....
Bye, off to watch.
Old 6 May 2003, 23:30 (Ref:591778)   #23
SL
Veteran

All in all a pretty good programme. Nothing we did not really know but good use of old racing film footage. Is it too much to ask for a follow up programme of the Ferrari, Cobra War ? That is the view from Enzo's camp ?

A lot has been said about Shelby's and Ford's so called revenge on Ferrari. What was Enzo's view ?

Simon
Old 6 May 2003, 23:33 (Ref:591781)   #24
SL
Veteran

Oh, and a PS to Pres. Bush......

Thanks for not starting another war this week
Also thanks to Saddam for keeping a low profile.

S
Old 7 May 2003, 06:57 (Ref:591960)   #25
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
There was some terrific old racing footage that I have not seen before and great to get the views of the drivers at the time. But as Simon points out, views from the Ferrari side would have been good.
Roll on the TT revival at Goodwood!