Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 30 Jan 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1213239)   #1
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
mandretti39's Street Circuits

I have decided to design three street circuits. One in Athens, Greece; one in Brisbane, Austrailia; and one in London, England. Here they are...

Athens:

Brisbane:

London:

All tracks run clockwise. Although no start/finish line has been designated, it will be on the piece of track parallel to the pits (in blue). I don't know if any of these tracks are possible because I don't know the widths of the streets to know if they are wide enough. I will post more tracks later, after I design them. Please give me any comments you may have. Thank you.
Old 30 Jan 2005, 21:45 (Ref:1213373)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, the London one might be doable, in terms of road widths.
There are plenty of tube stations about too, but closing those roads, which are some of the busiest in London would be impossible to orchestrate. You'd pass a number of well-known areas though. The pits are on Park Lane, on a british monopoly board this is the most expensive square , its where there are lots of very posh hotels and car showrooms (Aston, McLaren, Porsche).
The final corner is Marble Arch, as the name suggests a large marble arch.
The track also passes by the Royal Albert Hall, and through Hyde Park, so its quite a scenic location
Old 31 Jan 2005, 04:25 (Ref:1213518)   #3
HRT433
Racer

Australia
Newcastle, NSW
HRT433 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they're pretty good, although I'm glad I'm not driving around Athens, looks a little confusing...

Like the London one, reminds me of a Sydney one I have lying around somewhere, which goes around Hyde Park,Sydney.
Old 31 Jan 2005, 14:20 (Ref:1213810)   #4
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty good yea. The Athens one would be FAST though. And generally, athinian streets tend to be VERY narrow. The London-one is nice too, but as p stated, those streets would cause traffical mayhem if shut down for a weekend.
Old 10 Feb 2005, 19:43 (Ref:1222308)   #5
luke
Veteran

England
West Sussex, England
luke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridluke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey mandretti! Do you think you could do an example of what the Manchester (England) Champ Car street circuit look like if it goes ahead in teh future!?
Old 11 Feb 2005, 00:18 (Ref:1222566)   #6
mandretti39
Veteran

Lithuania
Clay, NY USA
mandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmandretti39 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
luke, is there a map of the track? If there is, could you post it? Whether there is or isn't, I made one. It runs clockwise. I don't know if it would work, because I know nothing of the area (i.e. not knowing the width of the roads, their conditions, the surrounding area for placement of a paddock or grandstands). I design tracks by looking at a map and when I see a potential track, I draw it. Enough ranting about how I work, here's the track...
http://img196.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img1...chester0vd.png

BTW, nobody has commented on my Brisbane track. I think it's the best of the original three. Anybody care to venture a comment?

Last edited by mandretti39; 11 Feb 2005 at 00:19.
Old 13 Feb 2005, 17:08 (Ref:1224442)   #7
Mike_Wooshy
Veteran

England
Birmingham
Mike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMike_Wooshy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
althogh that uses the motorway i belive which would be impossible to cut off ........ its a nice track (the manchester one i mean)