Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 15 Oct 2004, 18:01 (Ref:1125456)   #1
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chevy Working Hard To Get Competitive...

Here's a really good article on just how hard Chevy is working on their engines HP problems. Doesn't sound like their going anywhere anytime soon!

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story?id=1901363

Danica Patrick
Old 15 Oct 2004, 20:29 (Ref:1125543)   #2
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Scheckter posted the fastest time in the 1st practice session today at nearly 215 mph...more than 4 mph faster than the fast lap of the June race...

So Cosworth...I mean Chevy, must've learned something that made them better this weekend...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 16 Oct 2004, 00:40 (Ref:1125661)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When it comes to Scheckter, I'll believe it when he takes the checkered, or at least finishes a race. He is surely quick, and he knows how to get the most out of that Chevy, but he may be to quick for his own good!

This is a race that Chevy or Toyota can win. Let's hope!

This part of the article really floored me. You hardly ever think of how much work goes on behind the scenes, and how little of it is really matter's:

Negri said that between GM Racing and Cosworth, there are about 160 individual research and development projects working to extract more horsepower from the Gen IV engine. He believes the horsepower deficit has been cut in half since the summer months.

Danica Patrick
Old 17 Oct 2004, 22:27 (Ref:1126913)   #4
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
So, looking at Scheckter's and Barron's race today, do you think Chevy found something?

I think Chevy gave Scheckter a make, or break engine. He was damn quick out there. It was either going to win, or blow, and of course with Panther's luck, it blew! Barron ran a much steadier race, as usual, and was there at the end (well almost) when it would have counted.

I say that Chevy will be ready next season.

Danica Patrick
Old 17 Oct 2004, 23:16 (Ref:1126947)   #5
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
good to see toyota gathered it together for the last race however
chevy? are they still supplied by Cossie?
the IRL should open the play book and ,ake it any 3 litre
and watch the manufactueres go nuts
Old 19 Oct 2004, 12:25 (Ref:1128202)   #6
Team Owner
Racer

Team Owner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Panther Racing was caught cheating after quals with both the #2 and # 4 cars. I can't go into details yet as this has to simmer down a bit but what they did would have increased their spped 1-1.5 mph at Texas. Lets just say it was creative but they got caught. Barnes was around all weekend telling everyone that the Chevy had more horsepower for the weekend but that was looked on with suspicion by the IRL TEch guys. It took them a couple looks at the car but they finally found what they had done. I'll post in a seperate topic what they did a little later. It was ingenious. The Chevy didn't have any more hp for Texas though.
Old 20 Oct 2004, 08:36 (Ref:1129125)   #7
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seemed too good to be true

Last edited by climb; 20 Oct 2004 at 08:37.