Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 25 Jul 2005, 19:22 (Ref:1363170)   #26
Es Nes
Veteran

Es Nes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirenzo
Yeah, Gran Turismo 4 on the PlayStation 2 only.
Always the trouble with consoles - they're expensive, and if you can only afford to get one, you're always going to be missing out on the games the other one has to offer.

We have an Xbox, and there is no chance whatsoever of getting a PS2. So Halo 2 it'll have to remain...

heh ... for the price i paid for my video card alone, i could buy a ps2 now. heck, some people are paying 600$+ for the video card and just as much for the cpu.

but, as a counter point (i guess) ive a gaming pc, an xbox, and a ps2 (my sega gensis/32x and my ps1 still work as well). i really look forward to the xbox360 as well. i could use to have a new/upgrade pc as well :|
Old 25 Jul 2005, 19:25 (Ref:1363171)   #27
Es Nes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Those are very nice

thanks

is anyone going to get rfactor when its released?
Old 25 Jul 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1363195)   #28
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I might do, doesn't seem to run that well on my PC (the demo, ok my pc isn't the best, but i've done loadsa optimization and so on, its as quick as its going to get ) but if its optimized when its released then definetley, it looks fantastic - superd modability!
Old 25 Jul 2005, 20:57 (Ref:1363256)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Es Nes
thanks

is anyone going to get rfactor when its released?

What for?

I don't want any more racing sims until someone brings out a proper Le Mans sim.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 21:10 (Ref:1363274)   #30
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Which would be stunning to have Ayse
Old 25 Jul 2005, 21:53 (Ref:1363310)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wouldn't it just? Keep your fingers crossed.
Old 25 Jul 2005, 22:14 (Ref:1363323)   #32
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I still have the old Le Mans 24 Hours game somewhere. Rubbish game really, but one to try on my laptop maybe if I can find it...
Old 25 Jul 2005, 23:26 (Ref:1363357)   #33
Es Nes
Veteran

Aysedasi - well, probably because a proper sports car sim isnt going to come along and your best option will be to put your faith in mod groups such as vlm, rsdg, and ssm to do proper mods for rfactor which is why ea is releasing it anyways without any major licenses knowing full well theyll be added to game my indivuals eventually? some groups already have programs to help them make mods for rfactor.

hows that sound?
Old 26 Jul 2005, 12:12 (Ref:1363715)   #34
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Es Nes
Aysedasi - well, probably because a proper sports car sim isnt going to come along and your best option will be to put your faith in mod groups such as vlm, rsdg, and ssm to do proper mods for rfactor which is why ea is releasing it anyways without any major licenses knowing full well theyll be added to game my indivuals eventually? some groups already have programs to help them make mods for rfactor.

hows that sound?

All power to them Es, for sure, but what is rfactor going to give me that GPL/GTR/F1C and mods don't?
Old 26 Jul 2005, 14:01 (Ref:1363806)   #35
Es Nes
Veteran

once rfactor is released, it will become what f1c is/was.

i didnt realize gtr was modable?
Old 26 Jul 2005, 14:49 (Ref:1363830)   #36
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Any game is moddable if you've got a good enough team of people...

R-Factor should be good, lets hope it stays on the shelves this time for people to enjoy.
Old 26 Jul 2005, 16:20 (Ref:1363890)   #37
Es Nes
Veteran

erm ... let me rephrase ... i thought the exe's were locked only allowing for extra tracks and new skins/stand-alone cars, not a full mod?
Old 26 Jul 2005, 18:00 (Ref:1363960)   #38
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR's cars and tracks aren't part of the .EXE unlike some games, so all you need is a program to decode the track / car files and LOTS of spare time...
Old 26 Jul 2005, 21:40 (Ref:1364150)   #39
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All power to them Es, for sure, but what is rfactor going to give me that GPL/GTR/F1C and mods don't?
Possibly the same thing that F1C gave you that SCGT didn't.
Just seeing what Simbin have done with ISI's engine in GTR is proof enough.
I imagine the next evolution will be killer.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 27 Jul 2005, 12:23 (Ref:1364622)   #40
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
But the killer what? I guess you can carry on making the same thing even better, but that doesn't excite me somehow, not like, say, the Sports Car mod for GPL excites me.......
Old 27 Jul 2005, 19:32 (Ref:1364962)   #41
Es Nes
Veteran

Quote:
... the Sports Car mod for GPL excites me.......
hmm?
Old 27 Jul 2005, 19:51 (Ref:1364971)   #42
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh yes...... But don't hold your breath........
Old 27 Jul 2005, 20:02 (Ref:1364977)   #43
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, on the GPL mods front its looking like '69 F1 followed by '72 Can-Am next
Old 27 Jul 2005, 20:02 (Ref:1364979)   #44
Es Nes
Veteran

oh, so, thats why there was nothing at rscf. i guess i wont be reinstalling gpl then.
Old 29 Jul 2005, 20:51 (Ref:1366901)   #45
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

does anyone have any screens for rFactor.
Old 30 Jul 2005, 02:10 (Ref:1367002)   #46
Es Nes
Veteran

hm ... i dont believe ive the demo still installed.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1368504)   #47
Es Nes
Veteran

http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showth...stpost&t=63908

samples:

Old 1 Aug 2005, 19:29 (Ref:1369545)   #48
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hopefuly this will be as good as the first thread
so could TT make this a hot topic?
Old 3 Aug 2005, 14:30 (Ref:1371144)   #49
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
If enough interest is shown, no problem at all. I'll be looking to see the thread generate at least 2-3 posts per day to justify being "sticky".....
Old 3 Aug 2005, 15:55 (Ref:1371212)   #50
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Shots from TTFRL last night. Track was Mexico City.

Me and Owen (ozywoodwards) lead the field away, and a nice shot of everyone (bar myself and peterstenning) rounding the Horquilla hairpin.

Spudgun appears to lurk angrily in Ayse's shadow on the final lap; Having just crossed the line to win I thought I ought to raise my hand as a rather pathetic victory gesture