Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Closed Thread

Old 23 Nov 2003, 18:42 (Ref:792307)   #3801
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

This one Fish.
Old 23 Nov 2003, 21:31 (Ref:792391)   #3802
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have one that looks very similar to yours I haven't posted here yet. It's hard to copy when you haven't evolved beyond Paint...
Old 23 Nov 2003, 21:41 (Ref:792397)   #3803
Duffacus
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nottingham, UK
Duffacus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lol im not the only one then!

Brundle: Didn’t see too many in practice
Old 23 Nov 2003, 23:45 (Ref:792479)   #3804
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
CRY 'DROPGOAL' IF U WERE SINGIN 'SWING LOW SWEET CHARIOT'
YESTERDAY MORNIN...

WELL DONE ENGLAND RUGBY

ALL HAIL : !! JONNY WILKINSON !!
Old 23 Nov 2003, 23:47 (Ref:792482)   #3805
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
????????

I know us winning the Rugby is great an all, but what's it got to do with this thread?
Old 24 Nov 2003, 14:36 (Ref:792974)   #3806
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
the_royksopp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Totally OT

-> Parc Ferme...

Besides, Denmark ROXX in rugby NOT!

//t_r - Smileymaniac :lol:
Old 24 Nov 2003, 17:21 (Ref:793095)   #3807
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Another go at Magny Cours.

I thought that reinserting to old esses at T1 from the 70s track would change the character of Estoril from a fast sweeper into an accelerating corner, with no real importance. Hopefully it would be completely flat out, so that it could no longer hamper overtaking into Adelaide. Adelaide itself i exchanged for a slightly less tight 90 right, followed by a fairly slow 180 right, and then a 90 left again, kinda like a boot. Then i changed nothing until Imola, where i put a fast right, with a straight line up to Lycée. With the slower first corner i felt that the final chicane could be ditched.
Old 24 Nov 2003, 18:50 (Ref:793174)   #3808
bcobbus
Racer

bcobbus should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is one of the different versions of Magny-Cours that I have come up with. No real major sections added, just tweaked a couple sections...
Attached Thumbnails
magny2.gif  
Old 25 Nov 2003, 15:18 (Ref:794096)   #3809
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
nice, p
Old 25 Nov 2003, 19:06 (Ref:794348)   #3810
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
And Hockenheim.

I'm tired of reminiscing about the old great Hockenheimring, so i just redid the new one. When you really look at it it does have potential, i just think it's a very badly thought through track as it is, with a few errors spoiling the track.

The first i felt was that there is no build up of momentum anywhere on the track. To overtake into that hairpin, i felt a) the haipin had to be less tight, and most importantly b) the cars had to be slowed at the final or penultimate right hander to allow the cars to bunch up and carry momentum all the way up to the hairpin. And that also necessitated at change to turn 2. The new complex that was added on the return leg could be another overtaking spot, so i changed that around quite dramatically, but if that didn't work at the very least i moved the track closer to that silly grandstand.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 19:32 (Ref:794362)   #3811
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Montmélo.....

No changes till T4, tightened that for an earlier turn in, not to slow the cars really too much. Wurth then is much more open, leading to a tight 90 right at Campsa. Overtaking now hopefully possible at La Caixa. La Caixa, opened up exit.
penultimate turn is much tighter, to allow slipstreaming. A chicane is actually going to be installed here on the real for the same reason. This is also the reasoning partly behind what i did to the penultimate curve at Hockenheim
Old 25 Nov 2003, 19:39 (Ref:794368)   #3812
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice changes, Pirenzo!!!!

I like these a lot!!!!

BTW...I heard somewhere that the group that owns Brands Hatch, Snetterton, and two other roa courses in the UK are selling the whole lot of them...

Is that true???

Why??? Money???

Any Buyers on the mark for them???

Hope they don't become another housing development or shopping center...

That's the kind of **** that people come up with for nice pieces of land like those...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 25 Nov 2003, 19:46 (Ref:794372)   #3813
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
yes, absolutely true.

Brands, Cadwell, Oulton and Snetterton.

Octagon Motorsports who own the tracks (the tracks used to be owned by Brands Hatch Leisure) decided to get out because they were making a loss with the tracks. When Octagon bought them a few years ago they were making a loss, but they were unable to turn it around. This sell-out has been on the cards for a year or so.

There are five contenders for the four tracks. Tow are housing companies, the other three are one group lead by Jonathan Palmer (ex grand prix driver, manages Justin Wilson); another from Rob Gravett (ex-Touring car driver) and another bid which is also interested in keeping the tracks for motorpsorts

You needn't worry about Brands, it's in a green belt zone so they'll never get planning permission to build on it. But that's also what's holding Brands as a track back.
Plus the British Racing Drivers Club supports Silverstone, which is plain wrong in my eyes, the leading British motorposrts club shouldn't be biased towards any track.
Old 25 Nov 2003, 19:53 (Ref:794378)   #3814
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
http://www.etracksonline.co.uk/News/news_id114.html

More info
Old 26 Nov 2003, 14:40 (Ref:795082)   #3815
the_royksopp
Veteran

Denmark
Skørping, Denmark
Nice edits, p!
Old 26 Nov 2003, 14:52 (Ref:795090)   #3816
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To Pirenzo or others:

Do you by chance have any "Revisions" for any of the four circuits in the UK that are "For Sale?"

Particularly Brands.....although it is a classic circuit...I don't know how it could be improved!

Old 26 Nov 2003, 16:25 (Ref:795191)   #3817
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
There's nothing that could be changed on them. They're predominantly club tracks these days, Oulton and Cadwell particularly.

plus, how could you make this any better?
Old 26 Nov 2003, 16:29 (Ref:795197)   #3818
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
It's a beautiful track, the only thing i would improve is the safety round the GP loop, as you can see here, no catch fencing, and i could (and have) walk out onto the track through that gap. (BTW, i walked on the track when it wasn't being used, obviously)
Old 26 Nov 2003, 16:32 (Ref:795202)   #3819
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Then how about ways that they could be considered as FIA eligible, in the cases of all but Brands....

But I agree...brands has to be one of the great race tracks on the planet....

Old 26 Nov 2003, 16:43 (Ref:795220)   #3820
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well, Cadwell is proabably not worth spending the money on (not good enough access, too much work to be done, lovely track though)
Oulton and Snetterton, or the two, Snetterton has the most potential, but it is an airfield circuit, so a bit dull in that respect. Bentley uses it as their test track, so it must possess some good qualities.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 17:18 (Ref:795259)   #3821
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Here's my Snetterton then... Not sure if the straights are long enough though....
Old 26 Nov 2003, 17:24 (Ref:795262)   #3822
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
The current Snetterton doesn't seem to have a lot of personality, but you can see from the layout why it is used as a test track for teams that may race at Le mans...looks like the current course has a couple of straights where they can really wind it up and go...

Old 26 Nov 2003, 17:27 (Ref:795264)   #3823
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Not particularly long straights actually. About the same as the Hangar straight at Silverstone in length. I think it has more to do with it being close to Bentley, and that has prompted other teams to use it, basically because that's where Le Mans winners test!
Old 26 Nov 2003, 19:37 (Ref:795375)   #3824
Speed Demon
Racer

Speed Demon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
Plus the British Racing Drivers Club supports Silverstone, which is plain wrong in my eyes, the leading British motorposrts club shouldn't be biased towards any track.
Well, the BRDC does own Silverstone, so I can see why it supports it most strongly...
Old 26 Nov 2003, 19:55 (Ref:795393)   #3825
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
oh, fair enough then. Couldn't it have bought Brands though?
Closed Thread